How does that fit in?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
We are taught to follow the law of the land yet preaching in public places is illegal is a lot of areas. Are the preachers supposed to limit themselves to private areas? Are they supposed to go door to door? What is the most preferred method of preaching in our church?

Thank you,
God Bless,
Copt Andrew

Comments

• OK copt andrew, it obviously depends on where you are... some countries allow preaching and other don't e.g. Saudi Arabia is a big no-no preach zone. I don't think that it matters personally - the Church hasn't decided on some decision with the governments of the world: "you let us preach and we'll obey you", but we are simply commanded that our rulers have been given power from God, and it is our responsiblilty to obey their laws and decisions (except if they are contrary to our faith). As for the best way of preaching, again it depends on the person involved and where they're preaching, but there are those who preach on TV, in the streets, missionary work (like H.G. Bishop Antonious Markos in Africa) and increasingly the Internet and satellite channels such as CTV and Aghapy.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=6804.msg91173#msg91173 date=1213939261]
    We are taught to follow the law of the land yet preaching in public places is illegal is a lot of areas. Are the preachers supposed to limit themselves to private areas?

not really...but since it's a against the law, there is no need of it. God gave us minds, we can keep Him using it in the world.

Are they supposed to go door to door?

no. cuz this is just annoying ppl will not respect what you have to say when you disrespect their privacy.

What is the most preferred method of preaching in our church?

Be a TRUE CHRISTIAN all the time.
    ......................simple of words, hardest to do in acts.........................
  • Personally, I think the best way to preach is without using words. By that, I mean that your life and all the actions in it should reflect the glory of God. It's all about being an EXAMPLE to others to draw them to Christ - when others see how peaceful you are even in the most desperate situations...or why you're always smiling, successful, calm etc., they'll naturally want to know WHY this is the case...and then that's when you start preaching with words. When they learn that Christ is the reason behind every good deed, every good thing in your life they'll be much more receptive to your words. First and foremost, all Glory goes to God.

I think it was St Francis who said "always preach the Gospel and, if necessary, use words" I'm quite sure that Pope Kyrollos the 6th advocated this. This is what I've understood from Matthew 5:16

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"

I think that words are good, but actions speak louder than words.