Kalos

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
The hymns Kalos is another song of welcoming the pope there are very few recording that i know of, of this hymns but seraphim chorus in NJ has one  http://seraphimchorus.org/Recordings.html ; go down to KALOS
Pray4me
Copticdeacon

[coptic]Kalwc ak`i saron `mvo`ou@ vy`ettaiyout `mmakarioc@ va pi`er`vmeu`i `nkalwc. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.
Tensep`hmot `ntotf `mV]@ `n`thiryny `ntekmet=o=c@ `wpiman`ecw`ou `mmaiNou]. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda[/coptic]

[coptic]Qen `pjin `etaf`i nan `eqoun@ `nje pihisennoufi `nkalwc@ `nte Pekjin`i saron. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.
Apirasi mah `nenhyt@ nem nen`'u,y qen P=o=c@ ouoh an]`w`ou `nnefmetsenhyt. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.[/coptic]

[coptic]E;be vai qen `ou]ma]@ ten`ereuvomin kalwc@ je `wcanna qen ny`et=o=c. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.
`Wcautwc ten=o=c `mmok@ nem Dauid pihumnodoc@ je P=o=c caou`inam `mmok. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.[/coptic]

[coptic]Va pika] `nDauidikon@ nem ni`cbw`ou`i enkalwc@ va ]covia `nte Colomwn. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.
Pater paterwn@ `ar,y`epickopo@ pimyn pimenwn. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.
O papa ke patria,yc@ tyc pole`wc `Alexan`driac@ nem `pcepi `nnec,wra. Peniwt =e=;=u abba Senouda.[/coptic]

Comments

• Hmmm..the weird thing I noticed was that in the recording and your lyrics and says [coptic]Senouda[/coptic] That is not wrong...but unique because in Coptic the name "Shnouda" is "Shnoudi" ([coptic]Senoudi[/coptic])

Just wanted to let you know,
    Ohh...and...Please correct me if I'm wrong.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • actually ive heard ibrahim ayad say [coptic]Senou][/coptic]  and HH said not to say [coptic]Senou][/coptic] but rather say [coptic]Senouda[/coptic]
  • I am the one who put the text online and put down [coptic]Senouda[/coptic]. this is a huge topic. but as part of the Seraphim Chorus, and according to what we do in my church and been doing for a long time even years before i came to the church, i put use [coptic]Senouda[/coptic] in all the texts.

If am not mistaken, using [coptic]Senoude(i)[/coptic] is more of the old Coptic way which Ibrahim Ayad also have some recording with back around 1985-90.
    the idea is that, all are acceptable.

in the ordination of our priest, Fr. Daniel in the Makkar, our church deacons were leading and in all of the hymns, we said [coptic]Senouda[/coptic]. H.H. didn't comment at all at what was said.

----

about the hymn itself, the original tune for the hymn is not this that is in the link below. i put a comment after the text i put:
    "This hymn can also be said on the tune that Ma’llem Mikhael the Great put that is recorded by Ma’llem Tawfik and is constructed on the national anthem of Egypt at the time."

that explains it....
  • Another interesting fact is that Anba Reweis in coptic is Avva Tegi; however, we do not say Tegi we say Rewiess. So this is why some people prefer shenouda instead of shenouti. Because if you were to say shenouti then you should say Tegi instead of Rewiess (for the sake of consistency).

God Bless
    Tony