Need Help ASAP!!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey i have a religious exam tomorrow, here in australia its 5.30pm so i need help pretty fast,
i need quotes from the bible on:
1, importance oof what jesus done 4 us
2, reading the bible (importance of god's word)
3, talking to GOd eg prayer
4, persevering to the end...
5, meeting other christians if posible

the essay question itself is:
a friend wants to become a christian, wat are the next steps he shood take? include the topics above....
whoever answers this for my i will absolutly love with all my heart, i go to a protestant skool but our view should be ok!!
thnx heaaaaaaaaaappppppsssss.

i would find them my self but i have 10000000000 of other subject to focus on as well..... and dis exam is tomorrow....
god bless u all........
ur bro
G.J.I

Comments

• Hi G.J.I.

The questions are a bit vague, is there some kind of reference material you were working from?

God bless,

CS
  • nah, just need qoutes from the bible, they can be gernral but have some sorta significants with the topic, qoutes from any where...
    can u hook me up
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=523;start=0#msg8513 date=1092036812]
    hey i have a religious exam tomorrow, here in australia its 5.30pm so i need help pretty fast,
    i need quotes from the bible on:
    1, importance oof what jesus done 4 us
    2, reading the bible (importance of god's word)
    3, talking to GOd eg prayer
    4, persevering to the end...
    5, meeting other christians if posible

the essay question itself is:
    a friend wants to become a christian, wat are the next steps he shood take? include the topics above....
    whoever answers this for my i will absolutly love with all my heart, i go to a protestant skool but our view should be ok!!
    thnx heaaaaaaaaaappppppsssss.

i would find them my self but i have 10000000000 of other subject to focus on as well..... and dis exam is tomorrow....
    god bless u all........
    ur bro
    G.J.I

you wanna be hooked up huh? ;)

1. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

Mark 16:16 He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be condemned.

2. John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Luke 8:20-21 And it was told him by some who said, Your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to see you. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God, and do it.

3. Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

4. Romans 5:3-5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation works patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is given unto us.

Romans 8:23-25 And not only they, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, that is, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

5.Ephesians 4:1-5 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation by which you are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Note for 5 we differ because we believe in an orthodox baptism, not so much in a ritual sense but because of a lack of orthodox belief...

God bless you,

CS
  • i love u, :D :D :D :D
    but i need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love u...
    but i need more on perseverance, and reward sorta, like if u endure u will be rewarded...
    i love u...
    but i need more on the importance of wat jesus did, how were saved because of that...
    by the way, i love u......
  • Okay here is more, tell me if i'm getting warmer... ;)

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 3:12 He that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Isaiah 50:1-2 Thus says the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have you sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. Why, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stink, because there is no water, and die of thirst.

Isaiah 52:3 For thus says the LORD, You have sold yourselves for nothing; and you shall be redeemed without money.

Isaiah 53:3-5 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

God bless you,

CS
  • Hebrews 10:36 and Hebrews 12:1 are all about running our race with endurace - check it out :)
  • i love u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but i need short sweet quotations so i can remember them,
    hook me up wit more......
    oh i love u more than b4 now.......
    give me more!!!!!!!!!!!
    may god reward u both
    God child, i love u thnx
    somethin tells me u want to give me more........
  • 1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that we should no longer serve sin.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:8 Now if we are dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Matthew 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

okay how about now?

God bless you,

CS
  • i think ur holdin out on my, u got more, i can tell
  • sorry, got to go out... :(

will help when i get back ur still here...

God be with u tomorrow...

CS
  • thnx again, dont worry write bak any time ill be up till like 2am australian time...
    thnx
    G.J.I
  • Its now 8:45pm in Aust. so you still have some cramming time :)

Na, seriously, go to www.bible.com OR www.biblegateway.com and do a search for exactly what the question says... that way you'll get EXACTLY what you need :)

Simple, eh? ;)

God Bless ya 2morow [and always :)]
  • Hi G.J.I

Okay is it that you need more of now, its hard to do a lot of these things in short succint verses so you'll have to be specific for me...

God bless,

CS
  • mate 12am now, i think ill study 2morrow morin, well later this morning i should say, but im gonna have to rely on u, god child, my own knowledge and god.....
    thnx again, but as a spiritual exercise, every1 keep tryin to find qoutes, y not, ur on holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    u got nothin else to do!!!!!!
    pfffft americans :P
    :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ >:( >:( ??? ??? :'( :'( :P :P :) :) ;) ;D ;D :D
    GBU all
  • Hey G.J.I,

how did the exam go?

God bless you,

CS
  • im not sure yet i think i gunned it though, (gunned, aussie talk for did very well). i had 30 minutes really short time but i felt Gods presence and i wrote 4 pages, then i again i did argue the orthodox belief and i go to a protesant skool so i may have been marked down for that but thnx alot for all ur help, plz pray 4 me cause that was nothing compared to the exams that are coming, that was only 30mins i have three hour exams comin up...
    thnx again
  • my exam today who knows how i did, howeva i totally ripped my exam for christian studies... :D :D :D
    its the rest im worried about,
    i have 1 2morrow, then in 1 weeks time,
    its all gonna rain!!! :-\ :-\
    George

• Good luck G.J.I., may God help you write those hard exams. :)