What do you do over the summer??????

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
It seems like there is nothing to do but stay on the computer and TV

I read the Bible and pray
Clean the house
Computer and TV for the rest of the day
Its like time is being wasted and I can never get this time back.

Does anybody noe anything useful to do ?
As far as I noe my church is not going on any conventions or trips or anything i noe of.
sooooooooooo....................................yeah

Comments

• Well since you said you are already reading the Bible and praying, you can start reading Bible Commentary or Patristics. Or even things on the Rites of the church and just grow in Knowledge. If you still have a lot of free time from a secular stand point if you are old enough you can get a summer job. But if you want it from purely spiritual which is probably more preferable you can read that, or even try to go to church more often for weekday liturgies if possible. I mean i think this is the best time of the year to read many many books on Bible Commentary or HH works or Patristics. Hope this was of some help.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Too young for a job tried looking for one today
    I will start reading religious books.....Actually i have a library full of books at my house.  Thanks for the idea
  • I like playing games  :) lol although it does waste a lot of time, so i do use a LOT of my time trying to learn hymns and reading about our church. I also have a job though so i guess that takes up a lot of time as well, plus going out with my friends to the movies or swimming, or playing billiards. Theres soo much to do! If your too young to go out alone you can go out with family, go to the mall, movies, arcades, swimming, playing sports, going to bible studies, parks, theres actually a lot of things you can do.
  • Lol Im going to Egypt to the family - will attend every tasbeha I can, will spend around 18 hours with the Muallem in total, I will give English lessons in the church in Shoubra, and hopefully one of the priests in my church, who is from St. Anthony's Monastery will arrang efor me to stay there a week!!  ;D Looking good

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=Meena_Ameen link=topic=6694.msg89467#msg89467 date=1212644223]
    I like playing games  :) lol although it does waste a lot of time, so i do use a LOT of my time trying to learn hymns and reading about our church. I also have a job though so i guess that takes up a lot of time as well, plus going out with my friends to the movies or swimming, or playing billiards. Theres soo much to do! If your too young to go out alone you can go out with family, go to the mall, movies, arcades, swimming, playing sports, going to bible studies, parks, theres actually a lot of things you can do.

I play games at night then I get bored I have a lot of them. Yeah and my parents have work so they can barely take me anywhere. Once or twice a week we go out together. And every time my friends and I decide to go somewhere something happens. New plans ,No ride...etc.

[quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6694.msg89475#msg89475 date=1212659466]
    Lol Im going to Egypt to the family - will attend every tasbeha I can, will spend around 18 hours with the Muallem in total, I will give English lessons in the church in Shoubra, and hopefully one of the priests in my church, who is from St. Anthony's Monastery will arrang efor me to stay there a week!!  ;D Looking good

pray for me

joe

Hope you enjoy your vacation...
  • Hehe  ;D thanks and you too

pray for me

joe
  • Thanks for the replies I started reading Return to GOd by Pope Shenouda. Its really interesting.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6694.msg89475#msg89475 date=1212659466]
    Lol Im going to Egypt to the family - will attend every tasbeha I can, will spend around 18 hours with the Muallem in total, I will give English lessons in the church in Shoubra, and hopefully one of the priests in my church, who is from St. Anthony's Monastery will arrang efor me to stay there a week!!  ;D Looking good

pray for me

joe

oh how I envy you!! I went last summer and I was supposed to go to so many monasteries but I only ended up going to St. Mina's, St. Anthony's, and St. Paul's. Barely spent any time at any of the monasteries. We were supposed to stay the night at all of them but we didn't stay the night at any of them.
  • Well, im not there yet, im still hoping, and you shouldn't envy  ;D im sure you'll go soon

pray for me

joe
  • I'm so jealous too :P. I can't go to Egypt this summer but I miss it soooooo much. I lived in Egypt for 10 years so it's hard to be away from my family, church and country for such a long time (since last summer). So Joe, I hope you enjoy your visit to the fullest and pray that you spend a lovely time over there...

Please pray for me
    God Bless and Keep you
  • I just want to advise you Joe that when you go to Egypt, do not be put down by the weather!! Go everywhere you want to go and don't say that it's too hot. You'll regret it! I speak from experience :(
  • lol yeah, i know what you mean it got so hot once - im used to the heat now, but when i went 5 years ago (before which the last time i went there was when i was an infant) i couldn't move lol... sat there sweating away... but now that the relationships have deepened and im more mature, i miss everyonme sooooo much... my grandad the priest and teta and all my cousins (who I truly feel are my brothers and sisters) and my heart renches when I have to leave - im close to tears when I leave them at the end of the summer. But what can I do... - I can pray to God to bless the summer, to gain from the visit blessings and knowledge, to enlighten other people with knowledge, and to be the light of the world and the salt of the earth for the name of Christ my Saviour

pray for me

joe
  • I go help my church by joining the nady!!! it is like church school, but ur the teacher. u play games with the kids in church and have abouna time, bible study, lunch, breakfast, snacks, liturgy, trips, etc!!!! it's lots of fun. but serving isn't so easy!!! it is a little tuff when the kids don't listen. but i got used to it, kind of. so i stay all week in church from 8:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon. it is fantastic!!! oh ya we also have alhan time, too.
  • We dont have nady as far as I know. THanks for the idea. If  they have nady I will be sure to go.
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6694.msg89653#msg89653 date=1212799654]
    We dont have nady as far as I know. THanks for the idea. If  they have nady I will be sure to go.

ur welcome glad to share and to help!!!GBU!!!