Summer is Here or almost here for some

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello everyone,

I would like to congratulate everyone on tasbeha.org on finishing their school-year whether college or high-school. As for those who haven't finished yet, I wish you good luck on your remaining finals or your last few days of school. Whether you've started summer or not, I would like to say a few things. We need to remember to focus more on God in our lives these next few months. We don't have the excuse of not praying or reading the bible enough because of school-work and studying. We are absolutely free of studying and school which means we should basically double if not triple the time we read the bible and pray during the summer. Summer is also a bad thing for some of us too including myself since we spend too much time on TV and im'ing people on MSN and AIM. AIM and MSN are really not bad, but they can be because they cause us to sin by talking too much with people. We should use our time wisely. I'm not saying we shouldn't touch the computer, but we shouldn't dramatically increase the time we spend on it over the summer. Same with watching TV. Most people tell themselves that they will pray more in the summer and read the bible more but once summer comes, they find that they've barely prayed or read the bible. Some people read the bible and pray more in the School Year than they do when they are off. I hope everyone increases spiritually this summer since especially these days, the world needs Christians more than ever to keep the word of God alive on earth. The world is entering a stage of crisis and I think we all need to start praying if not fasting for things to get better such as Gas-Prices, War in Iraq and Afghanistan, Countries which stand as a threat to us, a Good Christ-Loving President for the United States who helps out our Country and the rest of the world and the poor people who are especially increasing these days and just so God has mercy on us since his wrath is definately starting to flare up. It seems that we are nearing the end of the world and I think this is the time where we need to hold hands as Christians and show the entire world who we are and Our Mighty God who desires the repentance of everyone of us. I hope this summer is peaceful and relaxing and I also hope that it's a lot of fun too. But always put God as your first priority.

PK

Comments

• lol yes i will try to focus on this goal

but juss a q? wat do u meen by teh end of teh word coming? lol sryy im juss not clear on that=) thxxx

have a happy summer with Christ=))
    /
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • Thanks PK for your inspiring post

pray for me

joe
  • the end of the world is for sure soon. We probably won't live to see it, but it is definately soon. Many of the prophecies the bible mentions will happen before the end of the world seem to be coming soon. One of the prophecies was great storms will occur over the non believers. This is evident in the cyclone in Myanmar, the earthquake in China, hurricane Katrina, and the Tsunami in Indonesia. All these major natural disasters have been occuring so close together that it seems very unlikely that this is just a big coincidence. Also, a few years ago, in a convent in egypt, a "miracle" happened. A nun saw a bishop (at least she thought he was a bishop), so she went to go ask him who he was and how did he get into the monastery without the nuns finding out. He told her that he was Elisha the disciple of Elijah the prophet. He said that the saints and angels have been seeing some abnormal things around the throne of Christ (didn't specify what). He then told the nun that it seems the end of the world is nearing. Of course, time goes by much faster in heaven than on earth so a few years ago seems like a few hours ago.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6692.msg89425#msg89425 date=1212611944]
    He told her that he was Elisha the disciple of Elijah the prophet. He said that the saints and angels have been seeing some abnormal things around the throne of Christ (didn't specify what). He then told the nun that it seems the end of the world is nearing. Of course, time goes by much faster in heaven than on earth so a few years ago seems like a few hours ago.

Elisha???????? i really doubt it.... in fact it is almost impossible (almost because Everything is possible in God)... first  of all it was Elijah who was raised up in a chariot of fire... Elishah died and was buried....   

second of all: the Bible said "there will be many false prophets...

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
    Matthew 7:14-16

and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
    Matthew 24:10-12

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect...
    Matthew 24:23-25

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1 John 4:1-3

and please lets not start talking about the end of the world... there is already a 14 page long tha ended up being locked.... that discution was about the end of the world....
  • Elijah and Enoch both come back at the end of the days to be killed so if it was Elijah and the monk was hated what would be a lot more likely. Enoch died so it's very unlikely that it's him. And yes,Please let's not stress on the "End of The World" topic. We already have a huge discussion on it.

GB,
    Copt Andrew
  • Lets all take a moment to pray and ask God to help us get closer to him during the summer.

God Bless

Please pray for me.
  • im confused by specifying that we may not live to see it, that meens it is not soon? nd also it may be coincedental cant it???

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • I would like to clarify one thing. Enoch DID NOT die. He was taken to heaven, he "walked with God".