Liturgy???

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
THis question has been bothering me for a long time. I hope someone is able to help me to understand this.         
During the reading of the Praxis The priest offers incense from right to left which symbolizes that the Apostles returned from Mount Olives to Jerusalem after the Ascension of the Lord[u]. 

Ok after the priest finishes the rounds he never goes back to the sanctuary which resembles 2 things.
1.he completed 7 rounds
2.The Apostles didnt return to Jerusalem because they got martyred in the country they last preached in.

From above how is the priest going to offer incense from right to left and  say that the Apostles never returned to Jerusalem???????

Did I just confuse anybody??????

Comments

• [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6670.msg89140#msg89140 date=1212417691]
    THis question has been bothering me for a long time. I hope someone is able to help me to understand this.         
    During the reading of the Praxis The priest offers incense from right to left which symbolizes that the Apostles returned from Mount Olives to Jerusalem after the Ascension of the Lord[u]. 

Ok after the priest finishes the rounds he never goes back to the sanctuary which resembles 2 things.
    1.he completed 7 rounds
    2.The Apostles didnt return to Jerusalem because they got martyred in the country they last preached in.

From above how is the priest going to offer incense from right to left and  say that the Apostles never returned to Jerusalem???????

Did I just confuse anybody??????

the procession of the praxis is very simple. he starts normally from the Altar but never goes back to the Altar. becasue that completes and perfectes the procession. but that is not the case. because apostles number will never end until the end of the world. that's why bishops get ordained after the acts, not as priests.

• I dont get the part where the priest offers incense from right to left that symbolizes the Apostles returned from Mount olives to Jerusalem.  Ok the priest doesnt go back to the altar that resembles the Apostles never went back to  Jerusalem.
  • Anybody??????????                   

Does my question even make sense??????????
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6670.msg89152#msg89152 date=1212422470]
    I dont get the part where the priest offers incense from right to left that symbolizes the Apostles returned from Mount olives to Jerusalem.  Ok the priest doesnt go back to the altar that resembles the Apostles never went back to  Jerusalem.

i persoannly never heard that before.
  • Im not sure if its true bcuz the church gave us papers to study  and they dont have the source where its from. I will try to find the source.