Grow Spiritually with Technology

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi everyone,

Under this section, (Random Issues), i'd like to present to you the ways we can use technology to grow spiritually.

Basically, the area I want to concentrate on is cell phones.

Now, if you were unaware, you can install the Bible on nearly all cellphones that run Java. Symbian and Pocket PC (WIndows Mobile) phones, have more advanced features.

For a good Bible software for the pocket pc -why not try http://www.e-sword.com ?
The good features of a PocketPC is that u are able to write down notes when u read the Bible. The Bible software above is just incredible.  I mean, u can even launch the Bible commentary WHILST u are reading the Bible.

For symbian, there's loads, but you may have to go to http://mosh.nokia.com

If you don't have any of that, but your phone uses Java.. there are Bible files in .JAR format. All u need to do is search the internet and find .jar bible files/software, and install them on the memory stick or local memory on your phone.
THe best one, i think for you is this: http://www.getjar.com/products/6306/KJVGoBible
Its the KJV version. Now, i had that on a SonyEricsson W850i. But , it will install on ANY J2ME phone. Just try it.

If u travel, short or long distances, u are BOUND to forget ur bible with u. Aren't u? But u will NEVER forget ur cell phone. And the Bible is too big to carry also. U can start reading it when taking the metro, bus, train etc.. or even in a taxi, so if u are waiting a long time anywhere, and u don't have a bIble, knowing that its on your cell phone helps change idle time into very productive Bible reading time.

Now, what's the best technology??

Well.. the agpeya is now on PDF format, OK.. so this means u need a PDF viewer to actually read it. As far as I know, this is only on Symbian and pocket PC's. There are no .JAR pdf viewers.. and if there were, I wouldnt recommend it as it would be really slow on any pre-2008 phone.

Another good aspect of the Pocket PC/ OR your cell phone is to write down quickly what u need to confess about.
Its important to go to Abouna with a list of things u have to confess about. The thing is, sometimes, we get reminded about the things we need to confess when we're in the middle of no-where. U see?? So, try to learn on using your notepad function in your cellphone. Again, symbian and Pocket PC's even have a word processor on them.  But u don't really need that.. u won't write essays, just bullet points on what u need to say to ABouna.

I hope this helps. I just feel that if we used technology as much it uses us, we can actually gain tremendously.

Comments

• I have a Sony Ericsson with a PDF viewer thing but I don't know about anything else. It also has a memory card (SunDisk, Memory Stick Pro Duo) How to I get the Bible and Agpeya. It has QuickPoint, Word And Excel. It can't connect with a USB cord.  Is it compatible? If so how do I transfer it to my memory card?

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • [quote author=copt andrew link=topic=6663.msg89071#msg89071 date=1212336766]
    I have a Sony Ericsson with a PDF viewer thing but I don't know about anything else. It also has a memory card (SunDisk, Memory Stick Pro Duo) How to I get the Bible and Agpeya. It has QuickPoint, Word And Excel. It can't connect with a USB cord.  Is it compatible? If so how do I transfer it to my memory card?

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew

OK, i'm not sure whether its symbian, but it sounds like a recent SonyEricsson model.
    The agpeya is found on tasbeha.org --> just download it as PDF. In fact, the agpeya on this site is probably the BEST translated agpeya i've read. (God bless our friends from down unda!)
  • I just wish to say that if you knew the Bible software that was on some phones, you'd be surprised. Pleasantly surprised.
    Have any of you downloaded these and tried them from the links I gave u??
  • I got the KJV Bible on my W810i Sony-Ericson...  it is pretty awsome.....  Thank you very much Vas.
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6663.msg89348#msg89348 date=1212528728]
    I got the KJV Bible on my W810i Sony-Ericson...  it is pretty awsome.....  Thank you very much Vas.

Its great isn't it?

You installed the .JAR file?

A lot were saying that the KJV given is in old English, but - look people, I agree...and sometimes its off-putting, but the idea is to make the most of your idle time when you do not have a Bible with you!!
    That the Bible / Apeya is close to you at all times. KJV in olde english is better than no kjv.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6663.msg89382#msg89382 date=1212550126]
    [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6663.msg89348#msg89348 date=1212528728]
    I got the KJV Bible on my W810i Sony-Ericson...   it is pretty awsome.....  Thank you very much Vas.

Its great isn't it?

You installed the .JAR file?

A lot were saying that the KJV given is in old English, but - look people, I agree...and sometimes its off-putting, but the idea is to make the most of your idle time when you do not have a Bible with you!!
    That the Bible / Apeya is close to you at all times. KJV in olde english is better than no kjv.

True... it is better than nothing, but its eng;ish is pretty old and some words are confusing....  like for 2 it sais twain... etc.... saw, it sais seeth, etc....

and yes, i got the Jar file....  all i need now is an Agpeya too...