Joyful Tunes of Tasbeha

edited May 2008 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, i'm looking for a recordings of the joyful tunes said in tasbeha ie lobsh's, Theotokia, Adam and watos ending to the praise(neknai o panoti and O penchois).

Comments

• All recordings are for Ibrahim Ayad accept is noted to be different.

Psali Watos - Festive (Resurrection)
    Psali Adam – Festive (Resurrection)
    (These are also the ones for the speciasl psalies on the Hooses)

Theotokeias have the same tune all the time. (except half of Sunday….very obvious)

Lobshes:
       - Sunday is known.
       - Adam days, it is Maren oo-onh tune, the 2nd Hoos lobsh.
       - Watos days, have the normal Doxology tune as for Ten-oweh ensok. Or in its long tune, really nice one.

Conclusions are the same as usual.
  • Much appreciated Mina, but i thought that the conclusions had a different tune for joyful days? Am i mistaking them for something else? I can't remember where i heard it however.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6577.msg87230#msg87230 date=1210555855]
    Much appreciated Mina, but i thought that the conclusions had a different tune for joyful days? Am i mistaking them for something else? I can't remember where i heard it however.

not really. oh actually, yes, o pen-shois is said in the tune of the lobsh, as a contnuation ya3ny.
    forgot that!!!....

as for neknai, there is only 2 tunes. the normal one that follows nim ghar, on sunday, and the other one that Ibrahim Ayad records.
  • Alright thanks for the clarification, much appreciated
  • Dear all,
    I think both Ibrahim Ayad and Zaher Andrews recorded neknai that way to distinguish between the annual tune and the joyful tune which follows that of "nim ghar" and Matins doxology.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=6577.msg87744#msg87744 date=1210853313]
    Dear all,
    I think both Ibrahim Ayad and Zaher Andrews recorded neknai that way to distinguish between the annual tune and the joyful tune which follows that of "nim ghar" and Matins doxology.

well that's what we discovered, that neknay follows the tune of Nim ghar and the morning doxology when said. otherwise, it's in the other tune.

I wouldn't use Muallem Zaher as a primary source. He just started becoming femous with the site, alhan-youthbishopric, and what anba Rafael does with all the alhan conventions....which is so awsome to hear about.
  • I have actually been confused about the two tunes. I have never said the "other" neknai. In tasbeha we always used the one that sounded like the Morning Doxology. When is the alternative tune supposed to be used. All the recordings don't specify, but call it an alternative way to be said. It is the joyful tune?
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6577.msg87802#msg87802 date=1210883994]
    I have actually been confused about the two tunes. I have never said the "other" neknai. In tasbeha we always used the one that sounded like the Morning Doxology. When is the alternative tune supposed to be used. All the recordings don't specify, but call it an alternative way to be said. It is the joyful tune?

no. it's the tune that is supposed to be said if you do not say Nim ghar. it should be that simple.
  • oh wow, never knew that thank you! Is that according Ibrahim Ayad?
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6577.msg87805#msg87805 date=1210884361]
    oh wow, never knew that thank you! Is that according Ibrahim Ayad?

well not really. but since they always say "another tune" to not make people wrong, since mostly they say the nim ghar tune. but it make since to distribute it that way. that was just what i thought....anyone can disagree.
  • Thanks Mina, very formative.