NEW Deacon's Service Book!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
It's been 5 years since the release of the First Edition of Albair's Deacon Service Book, which has become a useful resource for deacons and Coptic churches around the world. Now, the Second Edition of the Deacon's Service Book is out, with more updates that take into consideration the Holy Synod's decisions upto 2007 A.D., newer rites and hymns, and corrections to spelling and grammar based on plenty of research.

Get your hands on the Second Edition of the Deacon's Service Book now!

For more details on the book, go here:
http://www.copticheritage.org/Productions_albair.phtml

To order your copy, click here to go to our online distributor, orthodoxbookstore.org

Comments

• Lol, i have the first, so lets update  ;)
  • I see that it does not have English...we should volunteer to translate it! :)
  • yes please can u see if they can come up with an english translation because the book has everything but it just needs the enlgish text and i think it would be the greasest deacons guide ever!!!!!!!!well besides the HOLY BIBLE!!!!!!!!111
  • [quote author=kyrillosvi link=topic=6566.msg86997#msg86997 date=1210276489]
    yes please can u see if they can come up with an english translation because the book has everything but it just needs the enlgish text and i think it would be the greasest deacons guide ever!!!!!!!!well besides the HOLY BIBLE!!!!!!!!111

Yes, indeed, you have excellent points. Welcome to Tasbeha.org!
  • Lol, yeah Severus lets translate  ;)
  • *sigh*...no English translation :/

Does anybody have the link for any deacon's service book in english? I think the southern diocese had one but I heard they stopped producing it.
  • I've heard the contrary, i heard its in its final stages and that it should be out this summer
  • http://www.stmaryofchicago.org/deconscorner/deaconscorner.htm

This is a link to an English/Arabic/Coptic Deacon's Service Book. It' actually looks very good. It has a section about the rites of a deacon by H.H. Pope Shenouda. I myself learned a lot from that section.
  • Abkarino, I agree, it looks VERY nice.

josephgabriel, someone did our work for us! :)
  • any other opinions ???
  • [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=6566.msg87423#msg87423 date=1210640690]
    any other opinions ???

well it looks very nice, but it doesn't make it much diffrence from others....except the english part which will be fulfilled by the southern's book.....which am also scared of......
  • [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=6566.msg87297#msg87297 date=1210623332]
    http://www.stmaryofchicago.org/deconscorner/deaconscorner.htm

This is a link to an English/Arabic/Coptic Deacon's Service Book. It' actually looks very good. It has a section about the rites of a deacon by H.H. Pope Shenouda. I myself learned a lot from that section.

the table of content says everything is on page 120.....  the last 3 pages of it do at least............
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6566.msg87430#msg87430 date=1210641390]
    [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=6566.msg87423#msg87423 date=1210640690]
    any other opinions ???

well it looks very nice, but it doesn't make it much diffrence from others....except the english part which will be fulfilled by the southern's book.....which am also scared of......

Lol why are you scared of this? The english translation should be quite good from what i've seen on their website. I just wish they would be more up to date with how long it will take until it is released.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6566.msg87300#msg87300 date=1210625444]
    Abkarino, I agree, it looks VERY nice.

josephgabriel, someone did our work for us! :)

lol yeah.... o well
  • [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=6566.msg87297#msg87297 date=1210623332]
    http://www.stmaryofchicago.org/deconscorner/deaconscorner.htm

I hope Albair's Deacon Service Book come with the shape as this one. without arabiccoptic letter and with a good cotic font.