Love by class???

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I have a questions, do u guys really think that its fair to break to people up because one of them is poor and the other one is rich, even though they wanna be with each other no matter wut? And they really r in love. But the rich parents think that the other person should not have anything serious with their side of the family because of the class difference. So do u no wut i can do?

Comments

• Have you seen a priest about it?
    Last time I heard, you can't do something like this unless the two of them are doing something wrong, and I'm getting from your entry that they aren't. I don't think that parents can do that. It's wrong in more than one way.

sleepy
  • interesting ?. sounds like most of the arabic movies ive been watchin
  • I know, and that's what makes it so wrong. We're not living in the generation where our parents decide who to marry us off to, so don't let them, and anyway, what's money? Something that we won't take with us to paradise. All that counts is the soul within.

sleepy
  • Remeber that all things happen for a reason. God allows them to happen. So whatever happens allow it to because it may be for your own benefit. You can always talk to the parents and pray with true reverence that if your words don't get to them (and it's meant to be) that God will touch their hearts. Good luck and god bless.
  • [quote author=LOVER link=board=1;threadid=527;start=0#msg8553 date=1092096467]
    I have a questions, do u guys really think that its fair to break to people up because one of them is poor and the other one is rich, even though they wanna be with each other no matter wut? And they really r in love. But the rich parents think that the other person should not have anything serious with their side of the family because of the class difference. So do u no wut i can do?

I don't think that its a money/ materialistic issue that your parents are against. With a great gap between the families arise specific problems..... one is the level of education and also behaviours matter. I am NOT saying that poor people are not educated etc etc..... but its clear that there are fundamental differences in thinking and behaviours and in the future these differences in addition to money stuff will prove to be troublesome.... If that your parents logic then I can understand that.
  • Maybe it is more than money ur right but still, y would that and money break up love, when who knows it really might work out when the two people love each other that much.

(I know its turning into a drama movie, pray for me and for her)
  • And dont the parents have to agree on the idea of the couple getting married and also sign the paper? i no they cant decide for us who to marry but she listens to her parents no matter wut and will do wut ever they say, its that the the guy is poor that they dont want her to marry him and that his family is not as good :-\
  • Did they bother to give him a chance before passing judgement?

sleepy
  • no they didnt even get to know him or his personality.
  • WELL TOO BAD, LIFE ISN'T FAIR....

NO just kidding...

well in response I say they falsely judged the boy:

Matthew 7:1-3
    Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

Plus if this marriage isn't working out then it's not of the Will of God, sometimes it seems to us that it's the end of the world but it isn't and whoever this person is, if it's you or your friend or whoever, remind them that God always and I repeat ALWAYS has the better, infact the BEST plans for you.

Pray to God, talk to a Priest and he'll tell ya what God wants from ya..

Mike

P.S. I just realized that Servantof Jesus had a similar response sorry about that..
  • Tell them to get to know the guy, and be hard headed about it too. Sometimes that does help.

sleepy
  • "all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

whatever happens is God's will in the end.
    if two people r seriously "in love" then they should really pray about the matter and say "thy will be done" and leave it in God's hands.
    About the whole class difference in my opinion, money shouldnt be a factor really, and if the whole argument is about money..remember that the love of money is the root of all evil
  • Correction princess mary...money is not the root of all evil...It is the LOVE of money which is the root of all evil.
  • I agree LOVE of money is the route of all evil. I don't think that the parents for refusing are passing judgement... on the contrary they have their daughter's best interests at hand. Personally I believe that because the guy is poorer financially makes things harder. She will be used to a level of living the guy can't afford to give her..... even though money is never too important.... It is a FACTOR (differences between 2 families) that must be thought of
  • If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about yourself right? If you are, then I think that you really shouldn't worry about it now. In your profile, it mentions your age, and it seems like you have a long way ahead of you before making marraige plans. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to come out offensive, and I'm sorry if I am. I don't remember where I heard this, but you need to love God with all your heart and mind before you can love anybody else, because God will give you unconditional love. Just some questions to think about:

1) How much of your time do you spend thinking about this person?
    2) If somehow this person hurt your feelings or you got into an argument, how sad would you feel?
    3) In what ways would it affect you if the above scenario happened?

By the way, these are just to think about, not to answer out loud. The more you think about this person, the less time you have to think about God. Maybe this is just one of the devil's plans to make you think you are truly in love just to rob you of our time with God, and as we all know, we can never get time back. I mean, sure, this may be your future wife, but what is the point of thinking about it now? You're not going to marry her any time soon.

Sorry again if I came out harsh, I really didn't mean to. And by the way, I'm nowhere near marraige time so I have no idea what I'm saying, so if you're going to think about anything I said, I would advise you to ask someone else first. I don't want to be responsible for any wrong ideas. ;)
  • [quote author=LOVER link=board=1;threadid=527;start=0#msg8590 date=1092163010]
    And dont the parents have to agree on the idea of the couple getting married and also sign the paper? i no they cant decide for us who to marry but she listens to her parents no matter wut and will do wut ever they say, its that the the guy is poor that they dont want her to marry him and that his family is not as good :-\

sry LordHaveMercy.... but she's talking about someone else that is apparantly at the age of marriage.... and mature enough for it :-\
  • ive posted this b4 but ill say it again...
    God is the greatest and most powerfull being in the world...
    and if God = love, than that means love is the greatest and most powerful thing in world, the bible says to have faith hope and love but love is the greatest of the 3... therefore i believe that if its meant t be and its Gods will tha it will be, and no other force on earth can prevent it...
    so put it in the hands of God.
    G.J.I
  • [quote author=LOVER link=board=1;threadid=527;start=0#msg8581 date=1092155354]
    Maybe it is more than money ur right but still, y would that and money break up love, when who knows it really might work out when the two people love each other that much.

(I know its turning into a drama movie, pray for me and for her)

Sorry you guys, I got a little confused by this quote, ok, well then just pretend that the other post I posted doesn't exist. :D
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=527;start=15#msg8709 date=1092436962]
    ive posted this b4 but ill say it again...
    God is the greatest and most powerfull being in the world...
    and if God = love, than that means love is the greatest and most powerful thing in world, the bible says to have faith hope and love but love is the greatest of the 3... therefore i believe that if its meant t be and its Gods will tha it will be, and no other force on earth can prevent it...
    so put it in the hands of God.
    G.J.I

My friend I would like to explain to you something.

The romance love that he is talking about is not the love St. Paul is talking about in 1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The love St. Paul is talking about is called Agape love, This is the love that Jesus talked about when He said love your neighbour as urself and it is the same love that was demonstrated to us on the Wood of the Holy Cross. It is unconditional love, loving your brother, ur neighbour and even ur enemy.

I hope you know the diffrence between them because if not then you will be granted a life time confusion.

Mike
  • thank u soooooooo much for correcting me :)
    but
    romance love, isnt the love u feel for ur partner i recon, i recon that the love u feel for ur partner it the sorta love that u love ur neighbours and enemies but a stronger version of it...
    because romance love on its own wont hold, u need the love that jesus told us of and showed us...
    the love of ur brother, sister...etc u must feel for ur partner, u know wat i mean, not in a discusting way but in a close, reliable oneness way...
    im sorry i dont think i made much sense, it makes sense in my head i just cant get it out... plz correct me if im wrong...
    thnx again soldier...
  • I know what you're saying G.J.I., you made sense. Every friendship should be built on unconditional love, whether it is with your brother, your sister, your partner, or your enemy. There is no true friendship without unconditional love, therefore, how can you say that you love your partner if you cannot say that your frienship/relathionship is based on unconditional love?

We have different relationships with different people. For example, of course somebody will love their brother/sister in a different way that they will love their partner. Because with your partner, you share something that you share with nobody else, but in order to share this, you must first have unconditional love towards this person. I'm guessing that if you love romance love without unconditional love, it is considered lust, but I don't know.

With unconditional love, there are no flaws, and that is why you build your relationship with your partner on unconditional love, so that even in our relationship with our partner, we can try to maintain as much purity as possible, again, I'm just guessing about this, I'm not sure.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, and if I in any way offended anybody, please forgive me.
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! thats it thats wat i meant, thnx sooooooooooooo much LHM u said what i couldnt say :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    that was amazing!!!!!!!
    thnx alot
    u rule :) :)
  • Thanks, lol, it's good I made sense. Your welcome, anytime G.J.I. :)
  • romance love without unconditional love it futile...
    thnx again LHM
  • You'r welcome, but I can't take credit for that one, you posted it before I did. :)
  • mate ure the one who put my jeberish into readable words, better than anything i could have done...
    it was all u..
  • It wasn't jibberish, but thanks again.
  • oi i get to thank last, i get the last word ok... ;D ;D