Shere Theotoke

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi guys,
Does any one has the hymn [coptic]<ere ;e`otoke par;ene [/coptic] for glorification in the fast tune? I heard it from anba abakir when he was in our church. it was very nice hymn.

Comments

• This is not the hymn in specific but this is Glorification for st. mary in general by Anba Youseff and the NJ deacons and it has that hymn in this; http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Glorification_for_Saint_Mary/Bishop_Youssef_at_St_Mark,_Jersey_City,_NJ.html
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=6567.msg86978#msg86978 date=1210261694]
    Hi guys,
    Does any one has the hymn [coptic]<ere ;e`otoke par;ene [/coptic] for glorification in the fast tune? I heard it from anba abakir when he was in our church. it was very nice hymn.

lol... i asked the same too. Its a really nice song. I think u can sing this most times of the year. Trust me, the best version with Anba Youssef. THe mp3 is on this site.
  • i think you guys are missunderstanding....
    the hymn [coptic]<ere :e`otoke Par;ene[/coptic], is the hymn of [coptic]-On <ere.[/coptic] why, becasue that how the hymn starts. it start with on, from the [coptic]`Mmon[/coptic] at end of [coptic]`k`cmarw`out[/coptic].
    here is a nice recording, http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Other_Occasions/Glorification_for_Saint_Mary/Ibrahim_Ayad/Oon_Shere_Theotoke.1800.mp3

also here for HICS: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Other_Occasions/Glorification_for_Saint_Mary/Higher_Institute_of_Studies/Part1/17.Emmon_She.1331.mp3

and btw, in that recording of Anba Yosssef, he doesn't say it.
  • you are right mina but I need it in the fast tune. I can send a part of it later.
    and also Bishop Abakir said he learned this hymn from fr. Serafim in alexandria egypt.
    I hope this will help.
  • my mistake guys I was thinking of zefte pentes the whole time sorry again
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=6567.msg86985#msg86985 date=1210265011]
    you are right mina but I need it in the fast tune. I can send a part of it later.
    and also Bishop Abakir said he learned this hymn from fr. Serafim in alexandria egypt.
    I hope this will help.

oh, than i dono about it. i never heard a fast tune. ask shnod....
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6567.msg86982#msg86982 date=1210263617]
    i think you guys are missunderstanding....
    the hymn [coptic]<ere :e`otoke Par;ene[/coptic], is the hymn of [coptic]-On <ere.[/coptic] why, becasue that how the hymn starts. it start with on, from the [coptic]`Mmon[/coptic] at end of [coptic]`k`cmarw`out[/coptic].
    here is a nice recording, http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Other_Occasions/Glorification_for_Saint_Mary/Ibrahim_Ayad/Oon_Shere_Theotoke.1800.mp3

also here for HICS: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns/Other_Occasions/Glorification_for_Saint_Mary/Higher_Institute_of_Studies/Part1/17.Emmon_She.1331.mp3

But Mina, I heard him say it. I downloaded it from your website.
    In fact, i commented even on how good his Coptic was.

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6567.msg86995#msg86995 date=1210274811]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6567.msg86982#msg86982 date=1210263617]

yes i remember you did, but not on this hymn. he didn't say it. trust me, i was there when the tamgeed was done. also you sure we're talking about the same hymn. because i explained how it was diffrent than wat was thought.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6567.msg87009#msg87009 date=1210294860]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6567.msg86995#msg86995 date=1210274811]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6567.msg86982#msg86982 date=1210263617]

yes i remember you did, but not on this hymn. he didn't say it. trust me, i was there when the tamgeed was done. also you sure we're talking about the same hymn. because i explained how it was diffrent than wat was thought.

If Anba Youssef didn't do the tamgeed, i'll be really disappointed. I liked him so much from that tamgeed. Now I have to dislike him until he reaches the level of how much I liked him before I began to like him since I thought he was the one who did the tamgeed. Who was the person doing the tamgeed then!!? I will have to give him all the "like" that I had for Anba Youssef.. DO YOU REALISE HOW COMPLICATED THAT IS TO DO (a transfer of likeness)!!!!! Its an emotinal nightmare.

could you please mention next time the people who are doing a tamgeed in the mp3? Also, who then was doing the tamgeed?? He was doing rob3a with the deacons.
  • i never said it wasn't him. the tamgeed was done by him. but he did not say O-on Shere. it's that simple.

you can hear that it's him be cause he says the long efnouti nay nan, in english.
  • it is possible that he is mistaking on shere for devte pandes...

GB
    Tony
  • Guys, do you realise how emotionally traumatic this is?

I liked someone for something he didn't do! Now you tell me that he did do it. I feel confused, betrayed and cheated. I need to talk to Oprah.

Look, can you do me a favour? Can you give me the link for what anba Youssef did?

Thanks
  • Its posted above on my first post
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6567.msg87039#msg87039 date=1210355335]
    Guys, do you realise how emotionally traumatic this is?

I liked someone for something he didn't do! Now you tell me that he did do it. I feel confused, betrayed and cheated. I need to talk to Oprah.

Look, can you do me a favour? Can you give me the link for what anba Youssef did?

Thanks

QT............ get over it...............
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6567.msg87042#msg87042 date=1210356287]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6567.msg87039#msg87039 date=1210355335]
    Guys, do you realise how emotionally traumatic this is?

Thanks

QT............ get over it...............

Oh gosh, I just heard it. The hymn that has the chorus: Shere ne mariam, ke kharitomeni (it starts with zefte pantas ila-ee) - that's Anba Youssef's voice in that! Right??
  • Yes it is
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=6567.msg86985#msg86985 date=1210265011]
    you are right mina but I need it in the fast tune. I can send a part of it later.
    I hope this will help.

forgive my ignorance,i don`t know that hymn well,but when i heared the recordings of HICS and cantor farag i realized that they say the last part only.
    the 2 recordings i have by Fr Serafim...
    one include all parts in fast tune (alone),
    and the other one of all parts in fast tune (by a choir of deacons at our church) with the last part in the long tune by Fr Serafim alone.
    i`m not sure about what u heared gerges from anba abakir,and it is the first time i know that he learned anything from Fr Serafim,but i know abouna serafim is full of surprises ;)
    so if u r interested of what abouna recorded i can send it.
  • thank you shenoda for sure I am interested. and also I will send part of what I recorded with anba Abakir voice.
  • here is the recording by abouna alone
    all parts in fast tune

http://www.mediafire.com/?1yngqvwgojw
  • Fantastic Shenoda, that what I am looking for. and I am waiting for the other recording.
  • the other one may take some time,and the voice is not so good.i will try to send it asap
  • her is a link for Anba Abakir
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0mrxq97bylx
    sorry it is a small part.
  • I told you guys!!!

GB
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6567.msg87068#msg87068 date=1210378617]
    I told you guys!!!

GB
    Tony

it's not. it's still o-on shere, just with all the paragraphs not some of them. the proof is that he goes into agios yesten 3ala-tol
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6567.msg87045#msg87045 date=1210358389]
    Yes it is

Please... I'm in physical and psychological pain... is that Anba Youssef's voice in shere theotoke??

Look - people.. please PLEASE have mercy on me. OK? Please. Erhamoony ya3ni!!

Listen to the mp3 below. Open it using WindowsMediaPlayer. Go 20 minutes and 20 seconds into the mp3. At that point, you'll hear someone singing solo. Is that Anba Youssef.

Why do I care so much??? Because I prefer to learn alhan from a Bishop than from Mo3alim Ibrahim. Especially as I already know Anba Youssef. He came to the UK once (i just regret he didnt stay longer).

Mina, JYDeacon, before u answer, could you please just PM one another 1st, be sure about the answer together, and get back to me guys??
  • I just told you thats him, why are you still questioning it. The recording i first posted is the one with anba youseff. Shere theotoke is not in that recording, i was mistaken i was thinking of Zefte Pentes
  • i forget to mention that this must be the best tamgeed for Saint Mary I've heard in a VERY long time.

I envy u Mina for being there. You've got some good deacons btw.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6567.msg87079#msg87079 date=1210383755]
    I just told you thats him, why are you still questioning it. The recording i first posted is the one with anba youseff. Shere theotoke is not in that recording, i was mistaken i was thinking of Zefte Pentes

Easy 3azeezee,

Hang on.. but shere theotoke is on there. Did u hear the whole mp3?
    Anyway, i have another question.

Can you give me the lyrics for this entire tamgeed.
  • I did hear the whole thing, Shere Theotoke is NOT on this recording, Zefte Pentes is, i think you are confusing the two, which is what i did at first i was thinking of a part of that hymn that has Shere theotoke(the words) repeated many times.  lol i didn't mean to come off as strong as it looks i was just saying haha
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6567.msg87082#msg87082 date=1210384802]
    I did hear the whole thing, Shere Theotoke is NOT on this recording, Zefte Pentes is, i think you are confusing the two, which is what i did at first i was thinking of a part of that hymn that has Shere theotoke(the words) repeated many times.  lol i didn't mean to come off as strong as it looks i was just saying haha

OK. don't worry about it, i've come across and been through worse than this.

(haha)

Listen, JY, i'm confused, if Shere Theotoke isn't on that mp3, why did u send it in the link? AYE!?
    (AYE!!)???? Leh??

I'm sure that comes under leading others into temptation.  (lol)

JY, can u do me a big favour: do you have the lyrics for the hymn that has the same tune Apenchoise (for the fasting period).

Thanks mate,