Really Lazy...?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi.. i am kind of having a problem with being lazy to do stuff like homeworks. going to bed, doing what i am supposed to do..instead i stay on computer, watch T.V. or just sit there.... i know i have to be doing homeworks but i just sit there..... plz help.

Comments

• I know exactly how you feel because i am in the exact same boat. Best advice i can give you is to make a schedule! Outline your day and make sure that you are being productive by creating a to-do list. Sometimes we lazy people need a shove, so here is your shove: GO NOW AND DO IT AND DONT MAKE ANY EXCUSES!!!

God Bless & pray for me
    Tony
  • Heh, I'm like that too. For instance It's 11:30PM And I barley started my load of Homework  :'(. I already have a schedule I just keep forgetting about it. You should probably make one and put sticky notes on your computer and T.V. that say something like: "Homework, You won't regret it, unless you procrastinate it" and make it a rule that you are not allowed to remove that sticky note until you finish your homework (Unless you require the Computer for your homework of course) Place the sticky note in the middle of the T.V. or Computer screen so if you want to procrastinate your homework it will be really hard to.  ;D. I just thought of this idea I should do it myself.

God Bless, Copt andrew
  • Read the Bible before you study, ask God to help you to concentrate and finish your work to the best of your ability for His glory. Making a timetable is also great.. Just keep it mind that you'll probably hardly ever follow it exactly.. but that way you get something done rather than nothing.

Use something to motivate you to study, for example, I stress myself out.. That way I get things done. Remember, even though we may be lazy by nature, we can still be very hard workers.

Rabena Ma3ak!!
  • well... my marks at school r pretty good(noshkor Rabena) but at home i always wait and just sit there....  ven if i know i have too go and work.. i might just as well ignore my scheduel if i make 1... that peice of paper might motivate me, but i might ignore it too...
  • Hey Coptic Pharaoh,

Best thing to do, is take out your agpeya as soon as you get home.
    And Pray, (set this with you FOC) and ask God to disperse all the devils, and Then ask St. Mary and Pope Kyrollos to pray for you and to help you. If you pray from all your heart God will be their guarding you within the second you ask.
    The Go read the bible (set how much you should read with your FOC)

God bless
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • we all get lazy, I am probably more lazy than you.
    Remember that when comfort starts affecting your decisions its a sin. What I find EXTREMLEY helpful, is that if your church does a very early morning mass (5:30-7:30am) try going whenever you have the chance, it boosts up your week, and helps you remember whats important.
  • well.. latly i have been sleeping really late.... dunno why..and the Mroning MASS would be a wonderful idea..... but i am too young to drive :'(      im pretty sure my mom wouldn't mind..but then i would end up being the problem..id wake uo late so we show up at the church at like 6:45 instead of 6:00 for the MASS...
  • Dont think about lazyness. It shouldn't control you... You are not lazy... YOU ARE ACTING LAZY!! It could go away as fast as it caame back. Set something to do AND DO ITT !! Don't sit there saying "I'm too lazy, I'll probably fail at trying"... cause it you say that, it will come true.

"I can do ALLL things through Christ"!!!!!!
  • You're lazy because you're not accountable. Make yourself accountable. Tell your parents that you need to study, and ask them to reinforce. You're lazy because your situation allows you to be. Change your situation and voila- you're active again. Be involved with things- like Church, and sport and house chores etc.

Do not think that this is about will power. Your environment is toxic.

Hope this helps.
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6462.msg85457#msg85457 date=1207803650]
    well.. latly i have been sleeping really late.... dunno why..and the Mroning MASS would be a wonderful idea..... but i am too young to drive :'(      im pretty sure my mom wouldn't mind..but then i would end up being the problem..id wake uo late so we show up at the church at like 6:45 instead of 6:00 for the MASS...

I'm too young to drive too!! find somebody who goes, you'd be surprised, because a lot of people do!! When your friend is going, ask for a wakeup call, you'd be surprised at how much that motivates you to actually wake up! And I've been sleeping late too! Just last week i slept at 3:00am and woke up at 5:15 for the mass. It refreshes you, you forget that you're tired.

try it :)
  • i dont know if you are the same...but i realised i use the word 'lazy' as an excuse because i am just giving up on studying (errrr its annoying isnt it?)

i felt that the diet you eat affects how u feel..
    +eat well..not too mush not too little
    +make sure u are happy about the food you are eating: balance as much as u can

also start by doing a little bit of h.w. then have a 15min break. if you start and keep going fir over 45mins without break you can give up easily and your mind will start wondering and you will not get anything done..

any other tips anybody? (i need them 2 actually!)
  • set your mind to it. Im lazy too then I was like I need to clean today and I have homework so i didnt get on  the computer and i got everything accomplished. Sometimes the computer is just a waste of time. It encourages you to be lazy cuz you press dis and it comes you press dat and it comes you dont go through much pain
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6462.msg85289#msg85289 date=1207628457]
    Hi.. i am kind of having a problem with being lazy to do stuff like homeworks. going to bed, doing what i am supposed to do..instead i stay on computer, watch T.V. or just sit there.... i know i have to be doing homeworks but i just sit there..... plz help.

I am the same exact way.  I got a physiology final cumultive exam on monday, and so far i haven't started studying for it and it is friday ngt :-S
    rabana yestor

I think is the time of the yr where you are giving up, and have lost your patience for H.W. and studying, and you are just sick of doing it! :(
    try to change your daily schedule.... like for example go to the library to study :) that helps me.  GO to church and study :), um..... go study at the park :), change the room you study in.  as for tv! ask your family to hide the remote from you or one of the blugs :)
  • lol hide the plugs hahaha.. ;D
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6462.msg86677#msg86677 date=1209817060]
    lol hide the plugs hahaha.. ;D

??? what? It works :P
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=6462.msg86699#msg86699 date=1209826976]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=6462.msg86677#msg86677 date=1209817060]
    lol hide the plugs hahaha.. ;D

??? what? It works :P

ok ok don be offended  hahaai ;D
  • lol i imagine it would- my problem is that my entire family watches it! all the time...
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6462.msg86706#msg86706 date=1209876082]
    lol i imagine it would- my problem is that my entire family watches it! all the time...

same here..