sCienTifiC eVIdEnCe=??

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
heyy aghabi everyone, mi bestest friend in school asked me this question: when people swear on the bible they act liek its God its just a book..  see she is catholic but isnt religious or anything.  and im not gonna fight cuz a)i don feel like goin through that and b)im not losin mi best friend over differences in thoughts and ideas.  so she knows teh apostles wrote the bible.  but she wants ScIENTIFIC proof from me in which i could explain how God sent it through them.  now i noe its therough teh holy spirit.  and i just said if u believ in it u noe u juss believ in it.  but shes like they are a juss schizophrenic ppl who rote the book lol which i thought was pretti fuunny=)  but does anyone have any scientific tehory/ evidence that can be explained to soemone who doesnt noe anything lol thxxx much whould be appreciated. 

/
mahraeel
plzz p4m sister in Christ

Comments

• Basically, no, because its all faith, nobody can prove scientifically that the Holy Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, thats ridiculous to ask, it sounds like a trap to me, she knows you can't prove it so she is just trying to prove a point, If she doesn't have the faith then there is no use talking to her about this
  • lol i guess  :-\

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • hey mahraeel,
    first i dont think i am in any position to answer this but here goes..
    -as previously stated by jydeacon there really isnt any possible way to scientifically prove that the Bible was divinely inspired however, u can possibly try to convince ur friend from a logical point of view..begin by explaining to her the origen of the Bible and how the Bible came about b/c as u know wat we now call the Bible is a bunch of Books gathered over a veery loong time..the books of the old testament were written b4 Christ and several books such as the book of Isaiah that was written prophesied about the coming of Christ and his persecution and everything (there that proves that both Isaiah was a prophet and was divinely inspired to write this book that also speaks the same thing as other prophets in the old testament have written).  along with that bring up location all these prophets were in different areas when writing their Book, yet they all came to prophesie about the same thing
    a little easier example r those of the new testament the 4 gospels..each gospel pretty much has the same events recorded in each Book and the 4 desciples each wrote it  around the same time but in completly different areas ..each one in the province in which they were preaching the word of God..they didnt meet together to decide wat they were going to write or agree on wat they wanted to include and wat they wanted to omit..no! every1 was in their country just writing wat the Holy Spirit told them to write and it was obviously Gods will that there be these 4 gospels accounting the same events.
    -another point u could bring up is Luke 2:25-32 talk about Simeon and how God didnt allow him to die b4 he witnessed wat he was told  to write by the Holy Spirit..b/c if u know the story of Simeon as he was writing wat he was told he wanted to change " the virgin will conceive and give birth" to something else...here read this
    http://www.copticcentre.com/synaxarium.pdf
    go to page 221 and 8th day....its written there very clearly..there its clear from the Bible that He was divinely inspired..
    -another point is explain to her how the Bible is the ONLY religious book that doesnt contradict itself and how that any book man-made does..and there r MANY examples of this..(lol..lets not name any )

i hope this helps ..if there is anything that needs clarification pls tell me

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ

• Well, mahraeel,
    Tell her that if so many people wrote the Bible during so many different times, and yet the Bible is so congruent, then therefore, they all must have had a common inspiration. That common inspiration was the Holy Spirit, one in the Holy Trinity. If your friend is Catholic, then he/she knows of the Holy Trinity being God. Therefore, when you swear on the Bible, then you swear to God, for He was truly the one who wrote the Bible. This isn't scientific, but it is proof...
    In Christ,
    aem581
  • was Saint Mark there during the first portion of Jesus's life? in fact were any of the apostles there, following him when He was born, or about Elizabeth's birth, were they there?... what about in the Anunciation (when an Angel appeared to St. Mary) were they there to see all this and to write it down, I really doubt it... and I read somewhere that FAITH os beleiving without asking questions....    cause if we asked questions about all the stuff then we would all not beleive..  GOD's Glory os too great for us to understand, we are not Equiped to handle all that stuff.....   
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6540.msg86587#msg86587 date=1209692056]
    was Saint Mark there during the first portion of Jesus's life? in fact were any of the apostles there, following him when He was born, or about Elizabeth's birth, were they there?... what about in the Anunciation (when an Angel appeared to St. Mary) were they there to see all this and to write it down, I really doubt it... and I read somewhere that FAITH os beleiving without asking questions....    cause if we asked questions about all the stuff then we would all not beleive..  GOD's Glory os too great for us to understand, we are not Equiped to handle all that stuff.....   

This can be explained.
    The apostles communicaed amongst themselves as with St Mary, and so knew of Jesus' earlier life.
    This however, does not take away from the spirit writing the Scriptures. The Bible, the entire Bible was written over thousands of years, by completely different generations.. Yet the message is consistant throughout. An author, who writes his/her book in a year or so, must constantly look back and search for incosistancies. They must read and re-read it to make sure everything makes sence. The Bible was written by the spirit, so there was no need for that, and it was consistant.

Also, the Bible was written close to the time of Jesus, and so many people who knew Jesus were still alive. Perhaps this proves the validity of the Bible more than the Spirit's part. Don't you think that if the Bible was written by a bunch of "schizophrenic ppl" other people would have spoken up and nobody would have believed? This proves that truth that is contained in the Bible.

Thirdly, the Bible has been kept alive until today- it has survived so much evil and war and weakness of faith! This is not a reflection of our human superiority but of God's work to preserve His son on the Earth - in the midst of sin, so we may be redeeemed.

Hope I helped!! There's some very nice sermons on this topic also, I'll try to find them.
    +God Bless.
  • Show me your soul. Show me that you have one. You can't. But you know it's there. Apply that to this situation.

Look at the dates that each book in the Bible, especially the old testament, were written in. They are too far apart, yet, the flow perfectly. Look at the dates of the NT. They are not at the same time, the location of all of the writers were far apart, yet, each account matched the others.

Can you prove to me that you have a soul? You have FAITH that you do.
    Can you prove to me that the Bible is Divinely Inspired, or can you show me scientific evidence, probably not. But you have faith that it's true.

Ask her to show you her soul, if she can pull it out of her pocket then God will aid you and you look in your pocket, you will find evidence. If she can't then there is her answer, you just know.