SATS

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
okay im really worried. im doin my year 9 SATS in less than a month. im really worried. ive got black ring round my eyes and i cannot eat nor drink.
im studin a lot but sometimes i just feel weared out n i cant study. even though ive got tonnes of revision 2 do. what am i suppose 2 do??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

please help me

jesus daughter

Comments

• [quote author=Jesus daughter link=topic=6465.msg85317#msg85317 date=1207681498]
    okay im really worried. im doin my year 9 SATS in less than a month. im really worried. ive got black ring round my eyes and i cannot eat nor drink.
    im studin a lot but sometimes i just feel weared out n i cant study. even though ive got tonnes of revision 2 do. what am i suppose 2 do??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

please help me

jesus daughter

if you are doing all of this, than you are just hurting urself. no one knows what comes on the SATs. the idea is to take a nice class that would teach you the ways of thinking about the questions and the essay RIGHT. that's it. also, you need a rest before the day of the exam.
  • First of all, dont stress. Just because you do not do great doesnt mean that you wont go to a good school. They look at the scores AND your grades in school. So dont be too upset if you did not do so well. It really isnt as big as people say it is...you should be eating becaues without food, your brain does not work. Also, dont forget to get good sleep now and the day before the test. The more you worry, the worse it will be.

GB
    Tony
  • Excellent points by Amoussa and minagir.

Just review your notes each day. It is great that you started studying this early, but you need to eliminate that stress. Do not be afraid, you will do just fine because you won't be cramming the whole night before the test.

Remember to sleep early the night before and eat something healthy the morning you go to take the test.
  • And trust me Jesus' Daughter, in a few years time, you'll look back at SATS and think how big a joke they were  ;)
  • Don't forget to take a picture of Pope Kyrollos 6 with .... it works wonders... and wat year do u take SATs in? 
  • in the UK we take them in year 9, which is 14 years old (long, long ago lol)
  • I agree with Coptic Pharaoh,

Pope Kyrollos is my shafi3 and if you do your best and just ask for his prayers you'll be fine
    and by your best i dont mean kill yourself studying, your worrying to much.

St. Augustine once said, do what you can and the pray so that God will give you the strength to do what you cant.

SO study but dont hurt yourself
    God Bless
    The Prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • in the UK we take them in year 9, which is 14 years old

wel... do u know when u have to take it in Canada?.. cause im in grade 9 and i am 14 so....
  • You need to be consistent. Study for______ hours rigorously and then stop. The next day at the same time, pick it up again. You need to eat and don't overwhelm yourself.

PK
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6465.msg85375#msg85375 date=1207701359]

in the UK we take them in year 9, which is 14 years old

wel... do u know when u have to take it in Canada?.. cause im in grade 9 and i am 14 so....

Grade 12, 17/18 years.
    correct me if i'm wrong.
  • fnx but da problem is my parents. dey want me 2 get the top levels in all subjects. dats in all subjects not only sats. dats around 14 subjects. dey froce me 2 study @ least 5 hours a day mayb even more. i go out with my friends once every 6 months. THEY NEVER GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!
    my parents are soooooooooo STRICT!!!!

help me out please ...................again.

fnx      jesus daughter :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • n im doin my Year 9 SATS
                                              (14 years old)
  • That's really early  :o  But don't worry they say 50% of success is by preparation and studying and the other 50% is by confedence in God and yourself!!
  • THINK POSITIVE AND TRUST YOURSELF (and God...DUh) ..
    really...if you've been studying that much...it should be a piece of cake !

All of our parents want us to do good. and they're only pushing  you that hardd because if you aim for the BEST then, you'll at least get good wether you like it or not.

...and what's the worst your parents can do? i know you dont want to dissapoint them (which you won't ) but really...if you do decentlyy...then you're fine...and if you're 14..doesnt that mean that you can re-take it ...like all the way up to senior level???
  • "Trust in the Lord your God and lean not on your own understanding"!!!!

About your parents, talk to your Father of Confession, he should be able to help!

Rabena Ma3aky.
    Stress is the worst thing you can do ! And you're stressing for no reason! God knows His stuff.!!

:D:D:D
  • Thanks for reminding me. My sats are in 4 weeks time and I haven't studied at all. I really don't know what to do. Evenmore I am doing one of my Gcse courses early in 3 weeks. Just pray for me.
  • Mastering the SATs is not the epitome of your life- or even this year. It is something that needs to be done- so just do it- and do what needs to be done.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6465.msg85341#msg85341 date=1207690093]
    in the UK we take them in year 9, which is 14 years old (long, long ago lol)

ehm..does that make you grandad Joe? oh my lord its not a long time ago!!!
  • dont panic..some people are soo smart and are capable of getting exceptional grades and the problem is they go to the exam and open the paper and their mind goes blank..this wastes time blah blah blah...

i've done my SATS 2 years ago now..believe me its not the end of the world. just do your best..say our father when you go in the exam hall and do all what you can and god will do the rest. you will be fine and you will look back at those days and smile when you are older  :D good luck!