Do u believe in GOD or Luck?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
which one u believe in most, god or luck? i mean it gotta be one of them cause the two of them dont match together.

its either god leading u. or believing in bad/good luck.

if u think about how ppl say yeah i have a bad luck or the other one say i have a good luck just doesnt make any sense, why? because lets say that 2 ppl were stuck in the 19th floor because there was a fire and both of them were praying for god, one died the other one didnt, is it bad luck for one and good luck for the other one?
why would god give something called "luck" arent we all equal in his eyes? and he wouldnt make a difference between us?

i think "luck" was created by humans and does not exist.

Comments

• "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of his creatures."
    (James 1:17-18)

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.." Romans 8:28

"works all things according to the counsel of His will" (Ephesians 1:11).

I dont really believe in "luck". God is the one who directs our lives and guides us every step of the way, He is the one who shines His light unto our path, He is the one who gives us all these many blessings everyday, and we should thank Him and praise His blessed name forever, for the many wonderful things that He has done for us, and is yet to do. God doesnt really do anything "bad" to us, He does everything for a purpose for our own good. God loves us so much and He bestows His many infinite blessings on us, so we should thank Him, unceasingly, and not say its “luck” when something good happens but attribute it to the God of all goodness.
  • I couldn’t agree more with Princess Mary. There is no such thing as luck. All good things that come from God. As for bad luck, what may seem like bad luck might not be so at all. God goes everything for our benefit because he loves us all. For example, once my father had to be somewhere and he was already running late. He ran to the train station but missed the train anyway. At that point he was very upset, he later found out that the very train he had anticipated to board got into a horrific accident and the vast majority of the people on the train died. In this case god revealed to my father what could have happened to him. However, just because god doesn’t always disclose the arrangements he had planned doesn’t mean that what happens to us wasn’t for our good. Be thankful for everything that comes your way, whether good or bad, because it is all gods will.
  • Hi, your theory of luck, as you mentioned in the original post, is much supported by 82% of the American population. Originally the word "luck" comes from the Latin word louchos, which means "to have priority". The term became widely used, during the early 1910's and has been in circulation since. In your example, you mentioned to people praying, one dies the other didn't. This has nothing to do with luck, and there is a very simple answer to this theory or idea. It was one's time, and not the orther. You can't that one person got lucky. He may actually not have been as lucky as the one who died, since he doesn't get to go to the heavenly paradise, in the presence of the Almighty God. So, luck is a myth, nothing to be concerned about. A term that is so widely used, that even while not being a literary word with a definition, is part of everyone's vocabulary.

[move]Do right through God, that your life may be blessed. Pray that God may have mercy and compassion on us.[/move]
  • How do you know all these stats. Peter Gergis? Good stuff. :)
  • lol, i agree :) :)
  • lol, in the words of MArk423 "High five for you!" lol :)
  • i heard a talk once given by a servent
    he said that Luck is superstition, and superstition is from the devil.
    Superstition goes against our faith, takes us away from God as we become scared of doing things to effect our Good or Bad luck
    and that shows God that we've lost faith in him.
  • Hey Guys & Girls,
    After sitting through lecture after lecture after lecture, on, I got a pretty large wealth of knowlege. Also, if you look for information in the right places, you'll find it!!!!