what should i do, please help?

i have a hard exam and i have been studying really hard, and my friend who is not studying for it wants to cheat off my paper. She keeps telling me to make my paper visiable to her so that she could see the answers.  How do i tell her no, but in a nice way that i would not loss her as a friend. she is the type of person who gets upset easily. She also, helpped me before by sending me notes. and if i tell her no, she will think that i take and not give.

Comments

• First of all hello Godblessu

Secondly, you have a slight problem. Cheating is wrong, and you should not let your friend copy off of you, as this is both unfair on you and her and everybody else taking this exam, and it is also a sin

Leviticus 19:13
    You shall not cheat your neighbor, nor rob him. The wages of him who is hired shall not remain with you all night until morning

By doing this, you are cheating everybody who takes this exam, and even worse your friend is cheating herself, as well as God. Therefore, don't cheat.

As for how to tell your friend not to cheat..... how old is she? If she is a teen, then she should be mature enough to realise that cheating is wrong. You have to be assertive and explain to her that although you wish to remain her friend, you don't want to have a part in this cheating, and that it is unfair on everyone else. If she is sensible, she will listen to sense. If not, you could try going into the exam as if you were playing along, and then in the end not show your paper to her, and then tell her afterwards that you feel it is wrong.

hope it helps
    pray for me

joe
  • Here is news for you:  She is not your friend!

Anyone who would try to put you in that position is not your friend.
  • do unto others what you want done unto yourself-

if you were stuck in a bad situation, would you want someone to help you?

if yes, than let her cheat. If no than you can pass and do good, and watch her get lost in the craziness of this world!
  • Tell her no and if she gets mad and refuses to be your friend than good ridense. But first tell her nicely no.

GB
    Tony
  • do unto others what you want done unto yourself-

if you were stuck in a bad situation, would you want someone to help you?

if yes, than let her cheat. If no than you can pass and do good, and watch her get lost in the craziness of this world!

Hi. This is a problem everyone has probably gone through before but umm... I don't much like the response above, no offense... but it just seems like you're saying it's ok to cheat. I understand where you're going but it's a sin to cheat on an examination. It's like lying and saying that you know the answers so now you are not only helping her lie, but you are involved in the test and you will get a 0. Usually, you don't get awarded a zero for no reason.. which usually means that there is something wrong in what you are doing. Please understand, I wasn't judging anyone's coments.. I'm just syaing I don't think thats the fairest thing to say for this situation. And, as to how to deal with this.. sit her down and say "I feel used and I appreciate it whne you help me but I'm not very willing to share my answers wtih you." Say it nicely, and firmly and if she gets mad... then think.. is she really my frined that she wuld get mad that she herself dindt study for the own exam? Plus now, you are cheating yourself a little bit because you spent all that time and another girl who dindt... you're going to give her the same score as you whne you know she didn't study? That's not the wisest move. And, also... God will give everyone what he deserves so I think it's best for you to worry about your own paper and during the test, focus on your own success... of course, don't get filled wtih pride if you do well, but just worry about doing well and try to help her before the exam understand the things instead of cheat of you. And, get together to study so you both are ready and in the Bible, I will find the verse later, it says you should follow the laws/rules instructed to you on Earth and in college, if you cheat... you can get kicked out which means it's a serious rule and in grade/middle/high school, it's a zero and I have never met a teacher who is willing for cheaters... so just keep yourself in safety and out of sin.

Good luck.
    My prayers with you.
    jesuslover21
  • Well, if you're friend helped you by sending you notes, send her notes also.. Try to help her in her preparation for her exam, etc. But tell her straight ot that you will NOT cheat. Not only is it wrong, but it is also absolutely pointless and of NO HELP whatsoever to her... So you're doing both her and yourself a favour.

It will be hard to say this to her, but it is something that you have to do. If you're afraid that she will take it in the wrong way, pray to God that He let His will be done in the matter, and whatever happens happens... Because you should always know that Gods will is the  best possible thing that could ever happen... & in knowing that you will accept the circumstance of your very brave actions.

Rabena ma3aky!
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=6435.msg84996#msg84996 date=1207170557]
    Here is news for you:  She is not your friend!

Need anyone say more?
  • In my opinion you should not give her a preach or a sermon, but just few words.

If she is a good christian, then something like "I am sorry, but I don't want to break God's heart" or something like that.

If she is not a good Christian, then something like "I am sorry, but I don't want to risk getting caught." should be fine.

Also If you can help her study, so that she wouldn't have to cheat that would be even better.

I know how tough it is because i have been in these situations before, but usually if you tell them no in a nice way they'll find someone else to cheat off of and things return to normal the next day!
  • I have a hard exam and i have been studying really hard, and my friend who is not studying

St Paul says, you should earn the work of your own labor or a man who does not work should not eat ( These are not the exact words). If she is a christian who practices what is preached as far as possible, try to remind her of these words. Also, she will never feel proud  if she succeeds without toilinmg and working. Cheating in exams could also go wrong and has the potential of getting both of you in trouble.Make that clear to her.

She also, helpped me before by sending me notes. and if i tell her no, she will think that i take and not give.

Yes, this is not cheating but helping which is welcomed. You can, of course, help her in smiliar ways, so that you repay her good deeds.You dont pay back borrowed money by stealing from others.

Thus, If I were you, I would tell her that I am ready to help in any way I can but not to abuse that help.
  • yeah, basically the above post is right. I've had that happen to me soo much..that it's not even funny, people assume that i sit there, snap my fingers and get good grades then they wann sit next to me and cheat on tests. You have to make her understand that you honestly work really hard, and ask God for help and pray a lot..and that she cant just come along and jack your effort, it's not fair at all.

If you don't want to be straightup about (i know how you feel, you just dont want to be rude and you want her as a friend even if she's not the best) just ...Dont Sit By Her ! (: and if she tries to whisper , ignore her and tell her later that you couldnt risk getting in trouble. I mean..what's the worst she can do...stomp off in anger? she'll get over it and she'll learn her leason that she has to work for everything  !
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=6435.msg84996#msg84996 date=1207170557]
    Here is news for you:  She is not your friend!

well said.
    couldn't have said it better.
    and if this person is close with you the topic of your faith would have most probably come up... so just explain further. and I'd be careful.
  • thank you for the support that everyone gave me. I am really glad that i found this web page. Pray for me.
  • [quote author=Godblessu link=topic=6435.msg84993#msg84993 date=1207167830]
    i have a hard exam and i have been studying really hard, and my friend who is not studying for it wants to cheat off my paper. She keeps telling me to make my paper visiable to her so that she could see the answers.  How do i tell her no, but in a nice way that i would not loss her as a friend. she is the type of person who gets upset easily. She also, helpped me before by sending me notes. and if i tell her no, she will think that i take and not give.

Don't say or do anything. Just pray for her. Prayer is very powerful.

Maybe she isn't seeing it as cheating? She's learning also whilst getting the answers from you??