Worry

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey everyone,

I know I've been complaining a lot and i thank you all for all your help.

Lately I've been in a state of worry. I know being worried is a sin and i know i shouldn't worry at all because God is with me.
But its hard. Im worried about school, about friends, about my spiritual life, about my future, basically about everything a person my age or a bit older would think about.

I don't know what to do.
Pray for me lots

Comments

• Basically the best thing to do is pray, I know this is a generic answer but it really works. Just talk to God as a friend or Father and tell him exactly how you feel. Put all your burdens on him. but you must realize that worrying to a point is natural and healthy. If you don't worry about anything then you might become lazy. For example if you have homework or something of the sort and its due in a week, don't say oh i'll just leave it to God to take care of, no you have to worry about it enough to make you want to do the homework and do it well. Does that make anysense? Also before you do anything i suggest you pray, especially before your hw. Also i suggest you talk to your FOC about this, he will be able to help you.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • u know how many time the words " Don't worry, I am with you"?  well it is writen in the Bible 365 times, one  for every day of the year
  • :o !
    What about leap yeaRs?????

LOL :D
  • All you need to do is, thoughtfully and prayerfully, make the Sign of the Cross and its declarative points at each step, and there will be no worry or anxiety.

I do it all the time.

The Blessings of Our Triune God are with us always.
  • I never knew what coptic pharaoh said, wow thats nice to know.

Also i agree 100% with Jydeacon!

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • Psalm 55:22
    Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
    1 Peter 5:7
  • "28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 28-30, basically, God is always there for u, He will give u rest 1 no one is around
  • Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
    Matthew 6:34

• Those are amazing verses that were used above!!!
    After that, all i could really add is just keep praying and have trust in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, that He will lead you down the right path...

hope this helps a bit :)
    God Bless
  • Thanx for all your advise guys.

But i have one more question.

When i pray and i tell God my problems i have faith he's listening and i have faith he will deal with it,
    so why do i feel less stressed after talking to a friend about it more than when i pray?
    and is that a bad sign?

and if u dont know what i mean i can explain.
  • perhaps its because you are closer to your friend than you are to God? or perhaps because because you have doubts that God is listening to you? pray and do not have doubts saying: "I believe Lord, help me overcome my disbelief"

pray for me

joe
  • I beleive  that is because u can see ur friends, and they r infront of u to anser, but with God , you have to beleive,
    ex. Thomas didn't beleive Jesus was infront of him till he touched Him...    (im not saying u don't beleive) it is just easier with ur friends cause u see them and feel them...
  • Lately I've been in a state of worry. I know being worried is a sin and i know i shouldn't worry at all because God is with me.
    But its hard. Im worried about school, about friends, about my spiritual life, about my future, basically about everything a person my age or a bit older would think about

God is with you... but you are a human, worry comes in that package called human body! for me my approach to my worries was never and is never the bible and prayer alone! but an analysis of all that worries me and the root to the problem...

so you have worries about school?! grades low... put in mind how you will achieve it, and make it better, grades are fine just the overall stress, think of how in 4-8 years you wont deal with all that...

friends... good or bad... umm the best thing is just be there for them, in the end you did your best! so no reason to worry about that!

and of course spiritual life! lol... as long as your working on your communication with God, you are in good shape, as long as you are partaking of the sacraments and CONFESSING!!! you are in good place, so no worry in that!

and the infamous... future! you are not GOD, when you become the Almighty God, you can go ahead and worry about your future, for us as Christians we are not to worry about the future, for God takes care of it, all we need to do is have wishful thinking of the future, and do our BEST in the present!

the funny thing is that the one thing that will make everything fall in place and be in good shape is having a good relation with God, for with a good relation with God you will start having order in your life... you will not worry and will never think of worrying! we see that in the life of the saints, notice how the saints never cared if they were killed, if they were humiliated, they just didnt care, as long as they knew they did their best and didn't do anything to upset God, they had no worries! and a worry free human becomes healthier, calmer, which would lead to many more positive characteristics.

When i pray and i tell God my problems i have faith he's listening and i have faith he will deal with it,
    so why do i feel less stressed after talking to a friend about it more than when i pray?
    and is that a bad sign?

because your friends will talk to you and not only that but they will talk to you with things that will make you pleased! you wanna try a good exercise? bring an Icon, or a picture of the Christ, sit in front of it, and just stare at it, tell the Icon all you wanna tell God, just sit there and talk to the icon... then come back and tell us how and what you felt!
  • SuperMAN you were so right i talked to the icon like i was a friend or abouna or someone who i always talk to and i felt great.

Thank your for that advice

Pray for me Lots
  • [quote author=needprayers link=topic=6408.msg84651#msg84651 date=1206675558]
    Hey everyone,

I know I've been complaining a lot and i thank you all for all your help.

Lately I've been in a state of worry. I know being worried is a sin and i know i shouldn't worry at all because God is with me.
    But its hard. Im worried about school, about friends, about my spiritual life, about my future, basically about everything a person my age or a bit older would think about.

I don't know what to do.
    Pray for me lots

i do not think it is a sin as far as i am concerned:

worrying is an essential part of everyone's life another name would be 'stress'. However, everything needs to be in proportion.

worrying about having to finish your duties, for example, is a good type because it makes u persevere to do them.
    but if you are worrying about if you are going to stay alive tomorrow for a party (for example) is bad..

worrying too much in any case can lead to illnesses such as depression. we all need to have faith but i also know that we are not 100% perfect all the time and sometimes we dont feel so sure.
    praying is essential to ask for God's help as he only can make you feel safe and alright. thaats why we see that people who are away from god..no matter how many things they have..they are always 'abnormally' worried about things we normally dont worry that much about..but those people who are God's children feel safe and cared for. thats why WE ARE DIFFERENT TO OTHER PEOPLE we are special and we all know a great God up there is always watching over us. :)