Yes or no

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is April fool's wrong??

Comments

• I wouldn't necessarily call it wrong, because it mostly depends on the prank you pull, and if it might hurt the someone, I'll I'm going to say is be very careful!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Just like CopticServent said, be careful of your intentions because waht you might think is funny might hurt someone else so I recommend that if you are going to pull a prank, pull a slightly mild one on someone who will understand. And, the church isn't against having fun or anything... it's simply a joke.

jesuslover

• If you were to ask an Abouna, I dont think he would be to fond of the idea! so just becareful of what you do and who you do it to... Just try to put yourself in the other persons position, would you like it...

God Bless
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=6427.msg84848#msg84848 date=1207014249]
    Is April fool's wrong??

it depends on how serious the joke is. we do that all the time it's just more femous on April. just make sure no one gets hurt, mad, or will really hate you for it.
  • It's called a lie.. followed by a confession.. usually consisting of the words: "APRIL FOOLS!!"

I must admit, i couldn't resist today but a lie is a lie... The first of April doesn't change that.
  • Isn't there a saying:  'God looks out for fools."

Today is a chance for a lot of fools to feel the Glory of God's Insight.
    I am well aware of a lot of fools.

I prefer to remember the day as the Feast Day of the Prophet Daniel.

• so its lying it will be counted as a sin?
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6427.msg84896#msg84896 date=1207049166]
    It's called a lie.. followed by a confession.. usually consisting of the words: "APRIL FOOLS!!"

I must admit, i couldn't resist today but a lie is a lie... The first of April doesn't change that.

I don't understand, how can it be a lie, it's only a joke and for some people they take it differently than other people do. It's not proven as a lie, well from all that I can tell it isn't anyways, but I would think it would be considered a lie, if so why??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • When you say something that is not true, or is a misleading version of the truth, it is called a LIE. The context is rather irrellevant. The devil comes up with things like April fools day all the time.. replacing the word 'lie' with joke and other things alike...
    BE CAREFUL!!
  • I'll respond by a question! you asking for a yes or no for April's fool is the same as if I were to ask you is a "white lie" a sin... yes? or no?

now for a practical joke... like making spiced tea to someone (guilty of)... or handing over a shock pen, when someone askes you for a pen (also guilty for such)... now these are not bad... because technically you are not lying thus you're just having annoying harmless fun!