Please Help!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey everyone, I need help really bad. Do any of you know any monks, hermits, priests or anyone that can heal people of illness??? Becuz I'm very sick and I need help very badly. I heard that some monks, hermits, etc. can cure people of sickness. Like Pope Kyrillos IV, he was a hermit for a while. Do any of you know anyone? This is very important. Thanks

Comments

• im sorry, idon't but, insha'ala u will get better soon, don't wory, just pray and the sickness might go away
  • Dear Mixed_one,

My Shafi3 is Pope Kyrollos, and I know you're looking for someone who can pray for you as you see them.
    But i ask you to pray and ask Pope Kyrollos to pray for you and im sure you will be fine.

May God comfort you

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • No Hermits or monks or any person for that matter can cure illnesses or even perform miracles. Only Jesus can.

Let His will be done.

+God Bless.
  • God performs miracles through them, in all honesty i don't think anyone will be posting any hermits or modern day saints that are alive, for their sakes
  • Hi ALL,

I feel, Mixed-one is very ill.That is why S/he is asking this question.Like all the faithful, s/he knows that it is the Lord who heals. I am also certain, Mixed_one knows that praying the the Saints of ther Lord is helpful.I do not think S/he wrote the message so that we tell her/him what he might already know.That is not helpful.There are times when we feel our own prayers are not enough.There are also times when we think,our Prayers,the prayers of sinful people are not heard.In such times, we tend to look for the righteous man of God. During the glorious days of Pope Kyrillos,Abuna Abdel Messih and others who lived in those great times,for example, people were flocking to them ,not because they were not praying themselves or becasue they did not realise that it was the Lord himself who heals his people thru his Saints. They were doing so,because they perfectly knew that the prayers of the righteous does rise to the throne of the Lord as pure incense,without being dispersed.The reason why we seek the blessings from the righteous is clearly amplified in the Bible.

For example, James 5: 13-15 says

"13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven".

So the least we could do is help him if we happen to know a righteous person who has the gift of healing the sick.There are many, but they just dont want to reveal themselves.

Mixed-One, I have met a holy monk, a hermit named Abuna Fanus from Anba Paul's Monastry and I heard a number of miracles about him,like telling you your past,converting Urine to drinkable water and that rays of light come out from his hands when he prays.I also have heard of another holy monk from St Catharine Monastry in Sinai,that he levitates in the air when he prays.You might want to inquire more about them.Ask the Abuna of your local church.

Wish you all the best of health
  • Hey, yea I have been praying to Pope Kyrillos. He was a really great person. I wish he was still alive.

[quote author=Christrules link=topic=6410.msg84707#msg84707 date=1206764427]
    Dear Mixed_one,

My Shafi3 is Pope Kyrollos, and I know you're looking for someone who can pray for you as you see them.
    But i ask you to pray and ask Pope Kyrollos to pray for you and im sure you will be fine.

May God comfort you

Pray for me a sinner
    May the prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all Amen
    Glory be to Our GOD Amen!
  • Yea I know that, we all know that these people cure only through God.

[quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6410.msg84711#msg84711 date=1206764973]
    No Hermits or monks or any person for that matter can cure illnesses or even perform miracles. Only Jesus can.

Let His will be done.

+God Bless.
  • Yea these miracles that are performed thru these people are from the power of God.

[quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6410.msg84713#msg84713 date=1206765421]
    God performs miracles through them, in all honesty i don't think anyone will be posting any hermits or modern day saints that are alive, for their sakes
  • Hezekiel, u said it perfectly. These things that those other people are saying are things that we all already know. That is not why people like myself ask such questions. Of course we are asking becuz we are looking for help, becuz we know that the prayers of the righteous have a strong power to God. U said all the things that I was thinking.

Thanks alot about this info about those 2 holy monks. I have heard some things about Abouna Fanous. He seems like a very holy man. I'll pm u with some more questions.

[quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=6410.msg84746#msg84746 date=1206838066]
    Hi ALL,

I feel, Mixed-one is very ill.That is why S/he is asking this question.Like all the faithful, s/he knows that it is the Lord who heals. I am also certain, Mixed_one knows that praying the the Saints of ther Lord is helpful.I do not think S/he wrote the message so that we tell her/him what he might already know.That is not helpful.There are times when we feel our own prayers are not enough.There are also times when we think,our Prayers,the prayers of sinful people are not heard.In such times, we tend to look for the righteous man of God. During the glorious days of Pope Kyrillos,Abuna Abdel Messih and others who lived in those great times,for example, people were flocking to them ,not because they were not praying themselves or becasue they did not realise that it was the Lord himself who heals his people thru his Saints. They were doing so,because they perfectly knew that the prayers of the righteous does rise to the throne of the Lord as pure incense,without being dispersed.The reason why we seek the blessings from the righteous is clearly amplified in the Bible.

For example, James 5: 13-15 says

"13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven".

So the least we could do is help him if we happen to know a righteous person who has the gift of healing the sick.There are many, but they just dont want to reveal themselves.

Mixed-One, I have met a holy monk, a hermit named Abuna Fanus from Anba Paul's Monastry and I heard a number of miracles about him,like telling you your past,converting Urine to drinkable water and that rays of light come out from his hands when he prays.I also have heard of another holy monk from St Catharine Monastry in Sinai,that he levitates in the air when he prays.You might want to inquire more about them.Ask the Abuna of your local church.

Wish you all the best of health
  • Abouna Abraam el Samuely, he was mentioned several times on another thread.  Truly a great man, may God protect him from the Devils spite and envy. I've heard oh so much about this man, how he has the gift of revelaing the future, and some go as far as to say he is an anachorite.
    He's the head of St. Thomas's Monastery in Gabel Shinseef, Akhmim, Sohag.
    He comes to america alot, for treatment, so hopefully that makes it easier to get in contact with him.
    Like Hezekiel mentioned, Abouna Fanous who is also a clear Holy Man, is getting treatment also, im just not sure if its in America or Germany.
  • hello every1,

Mixed-One, I have met a holy monk, a hermit named Abuna Fanus from Anba Paul's Monastry and I heard a number of miracles about him,like telling you your past,converting Urine to drinkable water and that rays of light come out from his hands when he prays.

[quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=6410.msg84760#msg84760 date=1206864774]
    Like Hezekiel mentioned, Abouna Fanous who is also a clear Holy Man, is getting treatment also, im just not sure if its in America or Germany.

i think abouna fanus has entered into the heavenly jerusalem b/c his monastic garb was at my church and available for pple to take blessings from it..pls correct me if i am wrong

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • Thanks for this info. Yea I heard a couple things about Abouna Abraam El Samuely. Does anybody know how to get in contact with him?????

Yea I heard about Abouna Fanous also. I wish I could get in contact with him too.

[quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=6410.msg84760#msg84760 date=1206864774]
    Abouna Abraam el Samuely, he was mentioned several times on another thread.  Truly a great man, may God protect him from the Devils spite and envy. I've heard oh so much about this man, how he has the gift of revelaing the future, and some go as far as to say he is an anachorite.
    He's the head of St. Thomas's Monastery in Gabel Shinseef, Akhmim, Sohag.
    He comes to america alot, for treatment, so hopefully that makes it easier to get in contact with him.

• What church do u go to????

[quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=6410.msg84761#msg84761 date=1206866966]
    hello every1,

Mixed-One, I have met a holy monk, a hermit named Abuna Fanus from Anba Paul's Monastry and I heard a number of miracles about him,like telling you your past,converting Urine to drinkable water and that rays of light come out from his hands when he prays.

i think abouna fanus has entered into the heavenly jerusalem b/c his monastic garb was at my church and available for pple to take blessings from it..pls correct me if i am wrong

-sister in Christ
  • mixed_one..i go to St. Mary and St. Verena COC in Anaheim, California (if u have further questions about the church and location or any other info that u need..i would be more than happy to help u..u can pm me if u like)

May God heal u and help u thro this illness

-sister in Christ
  • There are many bishops that are also saints, my friend told me that Anba Elia the bishop of Khartoum in Sudan healed a women of cancer when he was in Sydney.

Hope u get better soon and watever happens always let Gods will be done as it is the best thing that can happen.

God bless you and hope u feel better
  • Mixed_One,
    May the Lord heal you. My best wishes for your recovery.

First confess asap then ask your FOC or your Bishop to give you the Unction of the Sick.
    Second write your name on a piece of paper to be put on the Altar during mass services so that Abouna mentions your request, and the Angel of the Eucharist will carry it to the Lord.
    Third put the printed out photo of Fr Fanous in a small nylon bag under the pillow during your sleep, also let relatives put a drop of Holy Oil of any Saints or wonder makers or martyrs on your head and chest and on the diseased area every night and pray fervently. End your prayers with 'Thank You Lord. Your Will be done. Amen'.

Abouna Fanous Gp on FB has many of his photos:
    أبونا فانوس

GBU
  • hello every1
    pls accept my sincere appologies..i am very very sorry..from another post i just learned that abouna fanous is still alive ..i am very sorry ..pls forgive me..it was not my intention to give wrong info...i am very very sorry

-sister in Christ
  • No need to apologize we all make mistakes, its common to think that people will get blessings from possessions saints had after they passed away.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
    It's a captured photo of a healing miracle by Tamav Iriny. Glory is to the Lord.
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=j9gj3jiw0so&thumb=4
    GBU