Confession

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello everyone...
i was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to confess..its been awhile since i have confessed...and i want to really bad...but just dont know how.
God bless.

Comments

• I like to picture Jesus in front of me and so I'm really just telling Him what He already knows... tell Him about all the mistakes you made, ask him to forgive you [in your heart] and talk to Him about any concerns you might have... He'll reply [more directly than the usual] :D.

Also, it might help to prepare a list of all the things you want to talk about before hand so that you dont miss things.

GOD BE WITH YOUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!
    & GO SOON, IT'S THE BESTEST EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD!!
  • what i like to do is list the things that i want to confess on paper. and remember that when your sitting with Abouna in confession your sitting with God.

let me tell you though, after not confessing for a long time, spill your heart to Abouna, it is THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLLLDDD.
    you feel soooooo overjoyyyed and lifted and you truly feel God's presence!!!

tell Abouna everythingg, dont hold back.
    it may be hard, and you may wanna let that slip by
    but trust me on this
    try it out!!
  • First repent for not confessing from a long time and tell this to abouna. He will understand. You can then start confessing things. The more I did it the more I was open to my father. BUt don't be like me. In the closest chance possible confess evrything. Don't keep anything from abouna as I did because then they are harder to confess in the future and like me I struggle now. Don't be nervous as I am now. Sit with yourself and prepare what you want to say in a good manner so you don't just sit there infront of abouna thinking of what you have done.
    Pay 4 me
  • Before entering read the prayer before confession found in the agpeya, sit down with yourself and remind yourself of all the sins that you have committed so that you may be able to purify yourself completely, and like mentioned before tell the priest everything you have, the good things you have done and the bad things that you have done.  A priest can give you his best advice if he knows who you are completely, what things you struggle and what things you do not, and where spirtual life needs boosting. After you are done read the prayer after confession and try to take communion asap.

• I have two things to say

First: Start off with the not so major sins and one by one keep saying everything until the one you were afraid of saying is said. Or you could do like me....The sins you repeat a lot say them first and then go on and say the rest.

Second: Lover of the Father,
    H.G Anba Abakir said to us, confession is not to go in and tell abouna the good you did confession is going in and getting rid of the bad. But i suppose if your doing both its ok, just dont let the devil take advatage of that he may one day make you forget the bad and all your doing is Boasting to abouna.

God Bless
    The Prayers of Pope Kyrollos be with us all
    Pray for me the sinner.
  • I have read this on an other forum... Talk like Abouna isn not there... make it like u r talking staraight to God

God Bless

Coptic Pharoah
  • [glow=red,2,300]In the Name of the Father+ and the Son+ and of the Holy Spirit+,the One True God, now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen[/glow]

You can use the 10 Commandments as a statting point. Ask Abouna on how to make an Examination of Conscience by using the Commandments. Write them down and after Confession rip the list to shreds in the waste basket.