is it ok to lie for the right reason?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
[move][glow=red,2,300]is it ok to lie for the right reason?[/glow][/move]

Comments

• There is no such thing as the right reason. Lieing is lieing no matter what and is still a sin
  • idk..i think there are CERTAIN situations where telling little like white lies is okay..
    you know..
    the situations where you have to lie to spare someone's feelings.
    or like a situation where you have to lie to avoid starting a fire.
    :/
    ehh.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83003#msg83003 date=1204077364]
    idk..i think there are CERTAIN situations where telling little like white lies is okay..
    you know..
    ehh.

that is why people call it tough love!!! and the truth hurts!!!
  • Yes, I think it would still be a sin.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6291.msg83007#msg83007 date=1204077554]
    Yes, I think it would still be a sin.

of course!!! well i believe so!!!
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83003#msg83003 date=1204077364]
    idk..i think there are CERTAIN situations where telling little like white lies is okay..
    you know..
    ehh.

There is a difference between lieing and not saying everything thats on your mind to spare someones feelings. Keeping the truth from someone is ok,(by possibly avoiding the subject or going around in circles) but when you actually say something untruthful you have committed a sin
  • that is why people call it tough love!!! and the truth hurts!!!

so. you're saying that making some poor kid like go suicidal[exxageration] with "tough hurtful love" is okayy  as opposed to  some little sin that you can confess? I'm glad you feel that way.

I mean, i know you don't sin at all and that that one little lie would totally do it...but it never hurts to keep people's feelings in mind.
    man, if only there were more peoplelike you in the world. imagination all the PROBLEMS that would have never ocoured.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83010#msg83010 date=1204078032]

that is why people call it tough love!!! and the truth hurts!!!

so. you're saying that making some poor kid like go suicidal[exxageration] with "tough hurtful love" is okayy  as opposed to  some little sin that you can confess? I'm glad you feel that way.

I mean, i know you don't sin at all and that that one little lie would totally do it...but it never hurts to keep people's feelings in mind.
    man, if only there were more peoplelike you in the world. imagination all the PROBLEMS that would have never ocoured.

i am not saying that u shouldn't think about their feelings!! but if it something sooooooooooo small y lie about it!! exactly!! so the truth sometimes does hurt!! but if it is something sooo big than ok think about their feelings!!
  • well,. sometimes something small can make a huge difference.
    allow me to eaborate.

person1: :[[ why wasn't i invited to her party?
    person2[truth]: well, you see, no one likes you, and your personality kinda sucks.s
    person2[lie]: oh, she said she totally forgot to invite you.

i know its a ...wierd example..but things like that DO happen a lot.
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83013#msg83013 date=1204079410]
    well,. sometimes something small can make a huge difference.
    allow me to eaborate.

person2[truth]: well, you see, no one likes you, and your personality kinda sucks.s

look i am not going to argue here ok!!!
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83013#msg83013 date=1204079410]
    allow me to eaborate.

But i will, No one said you had to be harsh when you told that person the truth. you could have just been something came up and i couldn't invite you(which is not lieing, that something was that nobody liked you) you don't have to lie to protect someones feelings. and if you can't think of something like that then its better to hurt their feelings then to lie
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6291.msg83016#msg83016 date=1204079967]
    [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=6291.msg83013#msg83013 date=1204079410]
    allow me to eaborate.

But i will, No one said you had to be harsh when you told that person the truth. you could have just been something came up and i couldn't invite you(which is not lieing, that something was that nobody liked you) you don't have to lie to protect someones feelings. and if you can't think of something like that then its better to hurt their feelings then to lie

thank you!!!!
  • Lying is wrong, no matter WHATTT it's for.
    That DOES NOT MEAN you hurt poeple's feelings, because it's the 'truth'.
    The truth is, we are all brothers and sisters and BEAUTIFUL is God's eyes.