Favorite Story

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Guys, just wondering... because we always do ... favorite psalm, and verse, and Father's Quotes... for a change, I thought it would be cool if we could try Favorite Story in the bible from the New and Old Testament, then explain what happens in it, just in case anyone isn't sure, and then say why and what is taught you maybe...

My favorite story from the Old Testament... or one of my favorites is the one with Noah because he showed such devotion to God; kind of like the devotion that we repeatedly forget to practice in our daily lives, but because of this he was saved while everyone else died...

My favorite story from the New Testament would probably be either the Prodigal Son or the story of the 3 men who had money and had to double it because it shows that God gave us certain talents in our lives and we should use them do help for the better.

Anyway, if you're interested, please post.
God bless...

Comments

• I like stories about David especially the one when he runs away from King Saul.

• One of my favourite stories is about St. Moses the black because this shows us how loving our God is and no matter how many sins or how big our sins may be, our God is very loving and forgiving as long as we confess, repent and we truely mean it from our hearts. It's never too late for anyone to change for the better!
    May God Always Be with us and guide us through His Will and not ours
  • OT-I love the story of Joseph, it's so sad when his brothers were all against him and incredibly jealous of him
    NT-I love Good Friday, because it reminds not only me, but also everybody else of how much Jesus suffered just to forgive us our sins, it doesn't let us forget how much we love him, and ow much he has done for us, and how much he loves us!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • The Story of Ruth.  Amazing!

Poetic, allegorical, prophetic, spiritually uplifting, and a flavor into true romance and obedience.  Quite a humbling story.
  • My favorite by far is the story of Moses.  I always wanted to be like him, you know to talk to God and become so close of a friend to him.

Haven't done it yet, but I am working on it ;)
  • I love monastic stories and the life stories of the hermits and anchorites. My favourite saint story is that of Sts. Maximos and Domatious( i like to call them Max and Dom), because they had everything they needed and were next in line to be one of the most influential and powerful nobles of Rome but they decided to leave all this and seek a life of purity and rightousness in Scetis under the guidance of Abba Macarius.
  • [quote author=soldier for scetis link=topic=6264.msg83232#msg83232 date=1204363829]
    I love monastic stories and the life stories of the hermits and anchorites.
    Me too especially the ones who have been turned in to films. They are really ver touching.
    Pay for me.