Self esteem!!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
How can u control ur self esteem!!??

Comments

• I'm assuming your talking about the issue of pride as well(they kinda both go hand in hand) if you have high self-esteem you tend to be prideful. a way to correct this is to always remember that you are a sinful person and that you can't do anything without God, but don't bring yourself down so much that you begin to feel dispair saying how can i be saved? when you begin to feel dispair the devil has already won. I know this is a very short explaination hope it helps

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Well, im going to give you some advice that many priests have told me. First is that you recognize that you are far from perfect and that you are a sinner. Second, you should start reading the Word of God because it is very important that you know God. Also, do metania's and say "God have mercy on me I am a sinner" whenever a bad thought gets into your head. Last but not least, you need to pray!

GB
    Tony
  • thnx u guys anyone else??
  • It's all about managing your lifestyle, positive things makes you feel better, negative things not so much!! I wouldn't really know much about that, sorry but I guess it would be great if you have a good people around all the time, it helps trust me, I've been around a lot of people who weren't as possible about some things, but I guess their are some certain circumstances!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thnx u guys any one else!!??
  • balance. you shouldnt be too proud, but you shouldnt have no esteem. pray about it, and ask God to help you. it really depends on who your with, so surround yourself with good people.
  • [quote author=veene11 link=topic=6193.msg81963#msg81963 date=1202513278]
    balance. you shouldnt be too proud, but you shouldnt have no esteem. pray about it, and ask God to help you. it really depends on who your with, so surround yourself with good people.

i don't have it i was just asking!!!
  • I was just thinking about what people actually look in others, we always look for the bad in people, never the good, and I'm talking generally, and yes I am stereotyping, but its mostly true!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Make sure your "self-esteem" has no bearing on what other people think about you. They change: they develop and their thoughts, opinions etc. tend also to change. This cannot be the criteria in which guides your self-esteem. It is "self" esteem- it thus must revolve around *your* perception of your*self*.

Instead, it should be a robust understanding of thy self. It is a curious mix of knowing you were dust, but graciously given the Spirit, the breathe of God. This should both humble you, but also you make you feel blessed. A self-esteem that boasts needs to humbled by the fact that we are just stewards of God's *freely*, un-merited given gifts. A self-esteem that despairs needs to be resolved and be praising of the fact that God gives strength and power; that whilst we might not think much of ourselves, God became Man and was crucified for our sake.

A healthy self-esteem in humility acknowledge his mistakes, and is repentant; not despairing, but having a resolve to transform his life to what God wills, knowing well that as powerless he is, God can- and He will.