Famous Copts

edited January 2008 in Random Issues
i know this is really random and some might think its inapproptiate but just out of curiosity are there any famous people who are coptic orthodox? maybe they can help by getting the religion out there to the public like wat Tom Cruise is doing for scientology(a load of crap) and wat Mouhammed Ali did for Islam.

Comments

• Lol ok so there are no famous copts
  • well there is
    Botrous Botrous Ghali who was the secertary of the UN
    Sam Soliman who is a famous boxer (i believe he is australian)
    Naguib Sawiris, who is one of the richest men out there
    lastly, i dont know his name for fact but he's in charge of Heinekens External Affairs (or someting to that degree), he's an Egyptian Copt
  • I'm not quite sure if this is as accurate as I think it is, but isn't Hany Ramzy the famous actor a coptic christian or is he a christian?? I'm not as sure though, please correct me if I'm incorrect!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Sarwat Basili, the Manager of an Egyptian Pharmaceutical (still living in Egypt)
    Dr. Kamal Ibrahim, a Coptic doctor that is worldly renowned and goes to special cases in different countries, but lives in Chicago
  • i jus tripped over this
    i figured this would answer your question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prominent_Copts
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=6128.msg81545#msg81545 date=1201576607]
    i jus tripped over this
    i figured this would answer your question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prominent_Copts

Why are so few of these famous Coptic people women??
  • Have you heard of primitive culture, sexism?
  • There are stories about how Bob Marley converted and became Ethiopian Orthodox towards the end of his life.  This is something which is very contentious and the Rastafarians have denied that no such conversion ever occurred. Bob Marley's wife however has been a very strong witness with the Church affirming that they did convert back to the religion of their fathers.