Animated Bible Movies

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen any animated Bible movies made by Nest Family Entertainment; e.g. The Animated Passion Trilogy

I was specifically wondering about how Biblically accurate these movies are.  And if you have any recommendations for other animated Bible movies, I'd like to hear them  :)

thanks alot 

Comments

• Sorry, I actually don't know that movie, but I would recommend Veggie Tales, they are really good at teaching Biblical stories, if you don't live in the US you can go to http://www.youtube.com and search veggie tales, but if you do live in the US, you can turn the ABC channel on channel 5 or 25 on Saturday mornings!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Ok thank you Coptic Servant, I'll check them out :)
  • You're very welcome, I really hope you enjoy them, they are very nice for teaching Biblical stories, in an "interesting" way!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=acopt link=topic=6133.msg81445#msg81445 date=1201246955]
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has seen any animated Bible movies made by Nest Family Entertainment; e.g. The Animated Passion Trilogy

I was specifically wondering about how Biblically accurate these movies are.  And if you have any recommendations for other animated Bible movies, I'd like to hear them  :)

thanks alot 

I have a ton of those movies in my house. I've watched them, and to be honest, when I was younger I loved them. But now that I watch them, I feel like they aren't as accurate as they could be. For example, one thing I used to always think when I was little was that Pontius Pilate was some sort of evil man who hated Jesus and wanted him to be put to death, because of how his character was portrayed in Passion movie series of theirs. I didn't realize until later when the Passion of the Christ came out, and when I went to the bible to reread those accounts, that Pontius Pilate wasn't some evil person who wanted to kill Jesus. If anything, he seemed to be a good ruler who just wanted peace for the people and had Jesus crucified out of fear of the Jews revolting against him. He saw Jesus was a good man... a very good man. That's why he washed his hands in front of the Jews and said that he is innocent of this whole thing. I also have read that Pontius Pilate's wife is a saint in our church.

That's just one example of how a mis-portrayal of a character can change a lot of things. Also, not that I have anything against protestants, but their theology (whatever theology they have) and beliefs are somewhat different from ours, and that's going to show within these movies, since these movies were created by protestants. I mean, the stories from the movies are okay, but I wouldn't show them to my kids because there are much more accurate movies out there than those. If we don't have many, then maybe we should look into having our own. In my opinion, it's dangerous to use material from churches with different beliefs and theology because whether we like it or not, it has an effect on us.
  • Thank you Gigglyshy very much for your input :)
  • i totaly agree gigleshy!! ;D

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ