HH this Sunday at St Anthony in South Jersey

2»

Comments

• [quote author=minagir link=topic=6123.msg81399#msg81399 date=1201141550]
    [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6123.msg81398#msg81398 date=1201140806]
    also in an archdiocese the pope ordains priests- not anba david. In the southern diocese and diocese of L.A... The Enthroned Bishops (Anba Serbion and Anba Youssef) Ordain the priests. just wanted to add that

the rule in our rites is that to every priest (te be ordained) there have to be 3 bishops. the Pope, being an archbishop, is equal to 3 bishops. so that's why he does. if think about, when anaba Sarapion ordains a priest, he always send for atleast anba Yossef and anba David or others maybe. so technicly they can't by themslves.

r u sure... ive seen pics where anba Sarapion is by himself ordaining, but then again it might only be pics in that moment...
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6123.msg81403#msg81403 date=1201148335]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6123.msg81399#msg81399 date=1201141550]
    [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6123.msg81398#msg81398 date=1201140806]
    also in an archdiocese the pope ordains priests- not anba david. In the southern diocese and diocese of L.A... The Enthroned Bishops (Anba Serbion and Anba Youssef) Ordain the priests. just wanted to add that

the rule in our rites is that to every priest (te be ordained) there have to be 3 bishops. the Pope, being an archbishop, is equal to 3 bishops. so that's why he does. if think about, when anaba Sarapion ordains a priest, he always send for atleast anba Yossef and anba David or others maybe. so technicly they can't by themslves.

r u sure... ive seen pics where anba Sarapion is by himself ordaining, but then again it might only be pics in that moment...

that is the rule...but there are exceptions. u can't ya3ny NOT ordain cuz of that fact.......they let thing go. the most recent one i seen for anba Sarapion was with Anba Youssef.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6123.msg81432#msg81432 date=1201228729]
    Just to let everyone know, HH will be consecrating the church of St. Mary and St. Antonious in Milwaukee, WI on Tuesday Feb 5.

great to hear...any more people. let's make it three comon.
  • does any1 know if he's gonna go back to egypt right away after this weekend??? because i dont understand how hes gonna come back to texas like a week after! i neeeeeed to know where hes gonna be.
    i want a chance to see HH soon.
    let me know
    kthxbye
  • At the end of His Holiness' meeting last Wednesday, He said he's going to America for 2 weeks so...
  • Latest News you Guys,  H.H. is coming to Milwaukee on Tuesday February 5th to consecrate our newly Built Church " St. Mary and St. Antonious Coptic Orthodox Church of Milwaukee" we are so happy and God Bless You All