Future

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Does anybody know if we could actually change our future?  I don't mean literally, but this question has gone through my mind a lot, if you don't understand or comprehend what I mean, I will try from my ability to explain it thoroughly.  Alright, well I meant that you all know God has set a future 'plan' for each and everyone of us, well is it possible as sinful human beings to try and correct our errors or sins we've committed? And I don't mean by confessing, I mean actually going and correcting, like for example, say that someone has cheated on an exam, and by changing his future, per say, he would tell the teacher and maybe they might let them retake it, would that be considered changing their future? I'm awaiting your replies, and if you still don't understand please feel free to ask!!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I think we can change our futures. u can change ur future by following the right path. Like if u have been doing sin all ur life like 24/7, i don't mean we don't, but if u r like not repenting and confessing, u will end up in a bad place. God won't let u be successful!!! but if u choose to change ur life and go repent and confess, then God will make u successful. so that means u did change ur future!!!! u went from nonsuccessful to successful!!!! do u understand wut i mean!!???
  • I certainly understand what you mean, but the thing is, what if you have a bad thought or something that has been running through your mind for ages and well you can't get rid of it, even through confession, prayer, or repentance, how could you change your future if that happens? I hope you know what I mean when I say that, and thank you for responding to the original question!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well if u have a thought in ur mind that u can't get rid of after confession then talk to ur FOC he will tell u wut to do!!! or if u get this thought either do the sighn of the crss or say a prayer or read the bible!!! and ur welcome!!! I enjoy answering questions!!!!
  • How will you be able to change your future even if that thought will still be with you forever?? Can you first of all??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81187#msg81187 date=1200778798]
    How will you be able to change your future even if that thought will still be with you forever?? Can you first of all??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

ya u can but if u can't do it on ur own then ask ur FOC!!! he will help u!! Do u get it??
  • Thank you very much for your thought on that *Thirsty+For+Christ*, does anybody else have anything else to say?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81227#msg81227 date=1200878746]
    Thank you very much for your thought on that *Thirsty+For+Christ*, does anybody else have anything else to say?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

ur welcome!!!!
  • I now remember what the main point I was trying to ask all along, it was, you all know that God plans our futures for us, correct?? Well, is it possible that you have a strong feeling that something horrible will happen, so can you change that in any way possible??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81603#msg81603 date=1201738500]
    I now remember what the main point I was trying to ask all along, it was, you all know that God plans our futures for us, correct?? Well, is it possible that you have a strong feeling that something horrible will happen, so can you change that in any way possible??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

i think u can!!! right!!?? correct me if i am rong!!! i think u can because wut u feel could be something right that u should do but scared that it might affect u in a bad way!!! do u understand wut i mean!?? or the feeling u get might lead u to sin!!! if u r scared of that good feeling u could get scared and change it to sin some how!!!! did i word it rong!!?? if u don't understand, i am srry!! ok!!??
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81603#msg81603 date=1201738500]
    I now remember what the main point I was trying to ask all along, it was, you all know that God plans our futures for us, correct?? Well, is it possible that you have a strong feeling that something horrible will happen, so can you change that in any way possible??

it depends on your interpretation of "plans" and "something horrible". Please if u can give examples of something horrible.
    For example if u think u r going to do horrible on a test u can change that by studying.
    I know am not clear enough but i hope u understand me.

Pray for me

• it depends on your interpretation of "plans" and "something horrible". Please if u can give examples of something horrible.
    For example if u think u r going to do horrible on a test u can change that by studying.
    I know am not clear enough but i hope u understand me.

Pray for me

I don't mean you do horrible on a test type of horrible, I mean like murder or something along that line! If you need clarification tell me, feel free to!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81611#msg81611 date=1201742500]
    I don't mean you do horrible on a test type of horrible, I mean like murder or something along that line! If you need clarification tell me, feel free to!

If it's like that then of course u can change that for God didn't plan for u to kill somebody. He gave u free will and u choose whether u  want to murder or not
  • I know that we all have free will, but someone said earlier in different threads that even if you thought of the concept of murder or death of someone else, or even suicide than its a sin, and please don't say you can always confess and/or repent, I know that you can always confess and/or repent, but I'm referring to something that's beyond the expected confessing and/or repenting, clarification neededagain feel free to ask!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81182#msg81182 date=1200776955]
    Does anybody know if we could actually change our future?  I don't mean literally, but this question has gone through my mind a lot, if you don't understand or comprehend what I mean, I will try from my ability to explain it thoroughly.  Alright, well I meant that you all know God has set a future 'plan' for each and everyone of us, well is it possible as sinful human beings to try and correct our errors or sins we've committed? And I don't mean by confessing, I mean actually going and correcting, like for example, say that someone has cheated on an exam, and by changing his future, per say, he would tell the teacher and maybe they might let them retake it, would that be considered changing their future? I'm awaiting your replies, and if you still don't understand please feel free to ask!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

Of course. We have free will. God knows what we can do because He created time, and is not in a function of time. For instance time slows down if I travelled close to the speed of light. God is not subject to time; He is omniscient in His Nature.

That said, in His plan He never precludes us from making our own decisions. We should rectify our wrongs; it is a step in the life of repentance.
  • maybe you think it is inevitable that you do a certain sin .. that its beyond your control but thats not true because in the bible it says God will not give you something you can not handle..

1 Corinthians 10 (New King James Version)
    13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

God Bless you and may the Angel of the LORD keep you!

• Check out this video people.. it is lovely.. God is great!

http://www.crosswalk.com/video/11556279/

• [quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=6110.msg81182#msg81182 date=1200776955]

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

I think the problem with the way we think today is that we always worry about the future and not the present. For example when one prepares to fast for lent, if he says to himself, "Am I really going to fast the entire way!?!?...I am eventually going to break it..." He has just self defeated himself because he will see himself in the future breaking the fast and will say, 'what the heck, why don't i just eat a hamburger now since it doesnt matter anyway, i will break it in the future'...we've all been through it

We must begin to shift our mindset to the present...instead of projecting yourself 2 weeks into the future viewing yourself wanting a hamburger, think of the present moment....right now I am not going to eat anything that isnt appropriate to the fast! Why worry about correcting future mistakes that havent happened yet while we are currently doing many at the present moment? God doesnt care about the future, he cares about NOW, he is watching you NOW....so focus on NOW, right NOW

You will never walk the mile if you keep viewing from a telescope, steps are needed