1st Sunday of Tubah

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Merry Christmas everyone=D

Umm i justed to go over the order of tomorrow's liturgy.

Will it be exactly as the Liturgy of the Nativity? are the verses of the cymbalss tenou oost-htien noevshi? or just amoini maren oosht followed by pijenmisi? umm do we say the "sabaa taraik"? (the seven tunes) oo and do we say eparthenos and pijenmisi thanks in advance and God bless.

Comments

• Hello Peter

Amoin marenosht then pigenmici said, But I know fur chore the 7 tunes aren't said. Some churches say Eeparthenos

Shanni Rompi
  • The Rite of tomorrow is as followed:
    it should the same rite as as from last wednesday, which is as fallowed:

- The tune is Festive,
    - the Psalies of the Nativity (the 1 for every single day) in midnight and vespers praises,
    - verses of cymbals are done with the normal watos or adam intro, and than the 2 Nativity parts, Pi-ginmisi and Shere Vethleem.
    - Doxology of the nativity is said before St.Mary's,
    - Psalm and gospel responses of the Nativity are said,
    - normal conclusion of Nativity is said,
    - Fai be pi is said,
    - Ni-saviv can be said (as many churchs do so)
    - the heteni of the Nativity is said,
    - the nativity praxis response is said (also Shere Maria)
    - all the nativity hymns can be said (e-parthenos, pijenmisi, jenethleion, apenshois, and the trisagion with the verses of the nativity)
    - psalm can be said in Singary tune,
    - Nativity aspasmoses can be said,
    - Psalm 150 is done Nativity way and the madeha of the nativity is said.

now for tomorrow's readings; it would be the 1st sunday of Toba.
  • thanks a lot pidiakon and minagir your awesome lol thanks for clearing everything up and sorry for the ton of questions. i just wanted to be sure of everything for tomorrow. alright well sounds good thanks to both of you and God bless.

ps. i like your icon/ avatar thingy mina lol
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6083.msg80965#msg80965 date=1200186066]

Of which we all know it's a wrong practice since nisavev is not a festal hymn ;D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6083.msg81012#msg81012 date=1200420500]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6083.msg80965#msg80965 date=1200186066]

Of which we all know it's a wrong practice since nisavev is not a festal hymn ;D

oh.....comon hos erof...we spoke about this before.....and me and u concluded that it have it's own reasons we khalas.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=6083.msg81014#msg81014 date=1200428004]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6083.msg81012#msg81012 date=1200420500]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=6083.msg80965#msg80965 date=1200186066]

oh.....comon hos erof...we spoke about this before.....and me and u concluded that it have it's own reasons we khalas.

but it Does relate to the nativity, speaking of the three wise men...
  • No, it doesn't. It has nothing to do with the Wise Men. It has to do with the high priest, Christ, who is represented by the pope or bissschop who is supposed to be present when the hymn is chanted.
    The only reason it's chanted in feasts is because it sounds more festal than So, and people have grown in this custom. It doesn't make it right, but yah, I can understand why people like to chant it instead of Sotis.
  • Hos Erof is right, it is not a festal hymn and does not have anything to do with the wise men. Churches have grown acustom to singing it on feasts days even though it is not correct to do so. there was another topic about this so we won't get into it again. Here it is, http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=5336.0
  • well, like u'd read in link below, i have said that as my church position, we say everything for the pope, as him being there, as they do in Alex, being the diocese of the Pope.  we say Tovh hina, Yes Pater, Maro-echasf, and even akitshe.

That is the tradition that my church was keeping for the longest time......