confused???

What happens this week since it's the last week before christmas but it's the fifth week and there are only 4 .  some people said theres no kiahk 7 &4 and my abouna said that the liturgy is regular but i don't get y can somebody elaborate.  What didn't we start the 7&4 praises one week later than??

Thanks a lot

Pray 4 me

Your brother in Christ,
                              Mark

Comments

• This week is the Paramoune of the Nativity, which has its own rites and hymns, and since the feast is on monday, we have three days for the Paramoune, Everything is said in an annual tune including Psalm 150 for communion but during communion instead of saying Pioik we say Istermagi and its medeeha.
  • can u explain what the rites and hymns are for the paramoune or is there a link that i can go to

thanks a lot
    sry i'm a bother

p4m
      mark
  • Here is a link to the hymns http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/cat/76 , concerning the rites its basically like any other liturgy we have during the year and its all said in an annual tune with of course different verses for the praxis response and Gospel response and of course a doxology for the Paramoune, thats basically all i know concerning the rites, maybe someone with more knowledge can explain further,
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6069.msg80761#msg80761 date=1199405217]
    Here is a link to the hymns http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/cat/76 , concerning the rites its basically like any other liturgy we have during the year and its all said in an annual tune with of course different verses for the praxis response and Gospel response and of course a doxology for the Paramoune, thats basically all i know concerning the rites, maybe someone with more knowledge can explain further,

well i guess the only thiong to add is that all the parts that you say akee in, u replace with avmask.
    Also the conclusion, amen alleluia is said with the Nativity part, fe-etavmasf....
    also a small note, the Trisagion stays the same and doesn't change....cuz in the feast we change it and we say all 3 parts "who was born..."
  • thansk guys but y is it annual and not kiaky if u sqy there are only 4 weeks then y ddin't we start a week later although i no the readings were set for those 4 weeks too tho so i don't kno???

im confused and it seems i might confuse others

sry!?

p4m
                Mark
  • the tune is not kiahky because these three days are Reserved for the Paramoune and the paramoune does not have a kiahky tune, it sort of the same rules apply for the last friday of lent and Lazarus Saturday, we are still in Lent but we don't sing in the great lent tune anymoree(the last friday we do but Lazurus Saturday we don't), so that is why we couldn't start a week later, the paramoune has to be three days this year because the feast falls on a monday.
  • [quote author=markoc pi apostolo link=topic=6069.msg80766#msg80766 date=1199408485]
    thansk guys but y is it annual and not kiaky if u sqy there are only 4 weeks then y ddin't we start a week later although i no the readings were set for those 4 weeks too tho so i don't kno???

im confused and it seems i might confuse others

sry!?

p4m
                 Mark

Here is what the church did. there were 5 sundays in the month of hatoor. On the last sunday of Hatoor we read the 1st sunday of Kiafk's readings. and so forth. last sunday which was really the third sun. in kiahk we read the fourth sunday's readings. now that we read the four sunday readings for kiahk, the paramoune is on sun. so we read the readings for the paramoune. and as others have already said since the Nativity feast is on Mon. we have a 3 day paramoune. Hope I helped.
    PLZ correct me if i am wrong