fight back or no

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey iz me again david and i wanted to no if someone hits u when ur in church should u fight back or leave them to hit u ???

david (david1995

Comments

• Is this like a serious fight or just play fighting?

CS
  • Jesus said that if somebody hit you, you turn the other cheek and let him hit you there again.

Personally, that's going to be very hard. The greatest victory is the one not fought. Talk with that person infront of either a priest or a servant. Don't hitthat person back though.

But if you guys are just play fighting, just remember this: It's all fun and games until sombody loses an eyeball.

Matt
  • lol.. i like the way u put it. However, although this is totally against wats supposed to be done, i've always known this one "its only funny until someone gets hurt, then its hysterical!"
    ... lol yea.. im a bad girl.. jk.. i just tihnk its funny
  • hay people
    my opinion is if someone touches you, you dont just stand there and get bashed you hit them back, and if they swear at you or mock you do it back well thats what i would do because that is abuse. then just call the church priests if they dont do anything go another priest from another church try it it works

by the way i heard that quote differently "its always funny till some1 gets hurt then its just hilarious"

God Bless
    F.R.O.G
  • i want to say no, no fighting in church. but thats not realistic. ill say try to hold it. but also dont let them take advantage of u with the turning the other check stuff.
    "Be as gentle as a dove, and as wise as a snake"
    or something like that.
  • quick verse..
    "But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth" 2Tim 2: 23-25

honestly.. what did ever happen to "turn the other cheek"?
  • Turning the other cheek doesn't mean that u let others beat u to death with no reason. Look wat Jesus said when he was beaten:

22 And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? 23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me? (John 18)

So it's obviously u should defend urself, but there's no reason for fighting physically
  • matt, people have used it to take advantage of Christians, my priest said to be careful, yes, turn the other check but dont let it get out of hand.
  • ok.. that's my point exactly.. when Christ was beaten.. He had every right and authority to destroy them with just the whisper of His mind.. but He didn't. He only questioned them and made them reflect on themselves in almost a manner of teaching and did not fight back eye for an eye.
  • matt, people have used it to take advantage of Christians, my priest said to be careful, yes, turn the other check but dont let it get out of hand.

that's what i said rite ::) :)
  • oh, my bad then. sorry
  • Hey, well ofcourse you're going to defend yourself as Jesus did but notice in what manner he did it. He LET him hit him with a small comment and not in any offending way. Now, people consider defending themselves as hitting back, cursing back, not in the manner that Jesus had defended himself. God Bless.
  • i didnt not say cursing, cursing is the worst way possible for anything. now a days, u have to defend urself, if u get punished, but dont hit, just defend. i hope that made sense.
  • Exactly. Don't throw the first hit, or provoke someone to throw the first hit and call it "defending yourself". If worst comes to worst than block yourself from their hits, if there's someone nearby, SCREAM. But not a "oh no, someone is dying...." scream, more like a "oh no, someone come and help me stop myself from hurting someone..." scream.... it works...lol

sleepy
  • thanks guys u were alot of help :D