Fourth Hoos- Kiahk

Hey guys, does any one have a recording of Psalm 150 of the 4th Hoos for the Tasbeha during the month of Kiahk.

The refrain for it goes something like:

Ef eranaf emPenouti enje pi oa oo nem pi esmo: esmo epchois penouti je nane ou ePsalmos.
Unto our God is due glory and praise, praise the Lord our God with "joyful?" psalm

please correct me if im wrong up there=D

I always sang it the same way, but a deacon that is very knowledgeable in the rites of the church hymns sang it a bit differently and i just wanted to know what the standard was for the hymn so I may learn the correct one. Thanks in advance. GB.

Comments

• [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6033.msg80417#msg80417 date=1197942477]
    Hey guys, does any one have a recording of Psalm 150 of the 4th Hoos for the Tasbeha during the month of Kiahk.

The refrain for it goes something like:

Ef eranaf emPenouti enje pi oa oo nem pi esmo: esmo epchois penouti je nane ou ePsalmos.
    Unto our God is due glory and praise, praise the Lord our God with "joyful?" psalm

please correct me if im wrong up there=D

I always sang it the same way, but a deacon that is very knowledgeable in the rites of the church hymns sang it a bit differently and i just wanted to know what the standard was for the hymn so I may learn the correct one. Thanks in advance. GB.

there is not much to it ya3ny......very easy. i think muallem Gad records it.
  • Regarding the refrain of the 4 hoos for the 7 & 4 praise, there are two ways of saying this. In Fr. Mettias' recording he chants it one way and many others such as Ibrahim ayad chant it the other. However, i believe that Ibrahim ayad's way is the correct way of saying this refrain.

here is ibrahim's way (psalm 150 kiahk): http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Songs/Coptic/Ibrahim_Ayad_and_Chorus/Coptic_Melodies_II.html

here is fr. mettias' way: http://coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-89.html

GB
    Tony
  • Actually in my church we say it the way Fr. Mattias records it, i think it is just the way the mo'alem of the church learned it based on where they are from.
  • the only thing diffrent is the Alleluia....which is NOT a big deal.
  • Dear all,
    does any one has a record for Ef eranaf in Arabic and English?
  • I dont believe anyone has tried translating it in the arabic language, however, i do know that in fr. Anastasi and HG bishop youseef have recorded a 7 and 4 prase (located in coptichymns.net) and in it Fr. anastasi has said the refrain in english. Perhaps you can try and translate it yourself

GB
    Tony
  • Thank you Tony.
    but I don't want to do it in my own way. I need a recording for it !
    any help please.
    gerges
  • thanks everyone, i listened to the ibrahim ayad one and it is identical to how i always knew the hymn. GB
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6033.msg80438#msg80438 date=1198008191]
    I dont believe anyone has tried translating it in the arabic language, however, i do know that in fr. Anastasi and HG bishop youseef have recorded a 7 and 4 prase (located in coptichymns.net) and in it Fr. anastasi has said the refrain in english. Perhaps you can try and translate it yourself

GB
    Tony

OF COURSE IT IS TRANSLATED INTO ARABIC! how can is not be? ive heard it done before and have recordings of my church saying it in arabic. wow... just look at any kiahk psalmody or any kiahk powerpoint from www.stshenoudajc.org wow.
  • hey His Servant, I think that Amoussa1 just meant that it probably hasn't been recorded in arabic, its obvious that the translation is in any book. But usually when there is a pick between Coptic and Arabic they go with Coptic since it sounds much more beautiful and is more well known.
  • not according to what was written. it says no one has tried translating it into arabic... the way it was written leads me to think that is what amoussa meant
  • im sorry well then i agree with you its in any kiahk book, and yes the st. shenouda presentations is a great place to check for them.

Forgive me. GB.
  • im sorry hisservant, my intention was to say that no one recorded it in arabic.
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=6033.msg80438#msg80438 date=1198008191]
    I dont believe anyone has tried translating it in the arabic language, however, i do know that in fr. Anastasi and HG bishop youseef have recorded a 7 and 4 prase (located in coptichymns.net) and in it Fr. anastasi has said the refrain in english. Perhaps you can try and translate it yourself

GB
    Tony

what do you mean ya habibi....lol.....the arabic is famous. in my church deacons who don't speak arabic or like to say it in arabic rather than english and coptic.

Here is the text:
    [center]"[coptic]Ef`eranaf `mpenNou] `nje pi`wou nem pi`cmou.
    `Cmou `eP=o=c penNou] je nane ou`'almoc.[/coptic]"
    "Unto our God is due the glory and the praise.
    Praise the Lord our God with a joyful psalm."
    "يليق لإلهنا المجد والتسبيح
    سبحوا الرب إلهنا بحسن المزمار"
    [/center]
  • Thank you Mina.
    but I need a record for any cantor or decon !! ??? not just the text.
  • [quote author=gergesezzat link=topic=6033.msg80477#msg80477 date=1198089174]
    Thank you Mina.
    but I need a record for any cantor or decon !! ??? not just the text.

give me a day.....
  • mina, i think you misunderstood me. i meant to say "recorded," look at my last post! By the way, i would be interested in hearing one in arabic if you can.

GB
    Tony
  • do u have the whole tasbeha recording of this? or just this part?
  • [quote author=His Servant link=topic=6033.msg80511#msg80511 date=1198185262]
    do u have the whole tasbeha recording of this? or just this part?

most of it......hard to upload...also it's not full...
  • it would be nice if people could start putting up recordings of their 7 and 4 praises...i would like to see how others chant the praises during this holy month.

GB
    Tony
  • Thank you Mina, It is very nice.
  • "Ef`eranaf `mpenNou] `nje pi`wou nem pi`cmou. 
    `Cmou `eP=o=c penNou] je nane ou`'almoc."

guys, about that... 'mezmaar' is not psalm right? Psalm is 'mazmour'.. a mezmaar is an instrument... or am I wrong? Because in Coptic it's Psalmos too, not ipsalterion...
    hmm...
  • [quote author=Coptic-Irini link=topic=6033.msg80589#msg80589 date=1198454774]

"Ef`eranaf `mpenNou] `nje pi`wou nem pi`cmou.   
    `Cmou `eP=o=c penNou] je nane ou`'almoc."

guys, about that... 'mezmaar' is not psalm right? Psalm is 'mazmour'.. a mezmaar is an instrument... or am I wrong? Because in Coptic it's Psalmos too, not ipsalterion...
    hmm...

well i guess you can be right. but her it goes back to how there is an "el" cuz that makes more towords el-mazmor. but if the coptic says psalm, thatn it's psalm.