What's the deal with men only being able to be deacons?

Comments

• you and your friend can bring it on outside (the forum that is)
    :D
  • Yo, what it up with you and "bringing it on"...lol....I think you've watched that movie too much..let's try to focus here, why do you think people lose interest in these topics quickly? Cause we always bicker...lol

sleepy
  • ok ok don't bring it on and back to topic :)
  • OK, good..lol

sleepy
  • sorry ive lost interest already...

:o
  • Wow...you seem to be losing interest in a lot of topics unconditional love....would you like to tell us why? You could always add something that will keep us on the right track....

sleepy
  • i dunno just these lil side convos are getting annoying lol

sorry if i offended anyone
  • No offense taken, but you can't be all serious about it, you need to have a little fun along as well. I'm going to try to find a verse in the bible to back me up, so be back. ;)

sleepy
  • i know im repyling way lateee .. but umm.. heyy. comment on how u all kept saying that girls being deaconesses wud distract the guy deacons....well if thats really a reaosn then we shudnt have decons eithe.r.cuz im tellin u rite now.. the deacons n my church.. woaa.. theyre distracting alright...(if u catch my drift).... lol.. so yea.. that cant be an excusee
  • To tell you the truth i have heard many weird things about our beleif, but i am not shaken. Because deep down i know that There is a place for all with God.

As to why woman can not be deacons and sing hymns like them, i have no clue. Still i would like to add something.

Our church has many saints and martyres, it is very possible that we do not know all these martyrs and these saints. All these holy people hid themselves to protect the holiness and to preserve there true treasure, Heaven. If people knew of their holiness they would have talked about those saints, but in humility the saints hid. What i am trying to say is that you should forget about those small sings.... Woman can still pray, have communion and take part in essential roles that conrtibute to the growth of our holy church. By praying alone, and not being deacons many have gone to heaven and achieved heavenly glory...............

I will research furthur,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, [glow=red,2,300]INTERESTING TOPIC ;)[/glow]
  • u no mena 450 i think everything u said is true and our saints some were men some were women so i think girls should be able to be deacons they acctually would be a great big help to the guys not that i hate guys or enythin but guys show off think they r stronger and smarter than girls but scence the girls r smarter in church then guys r that makes the girls stronger and smarter than guys in everything ;D

david (im a boy not a girl) ;D
  • Hey all,

My understanding is that women (while not being deacons) can both wear the gown and sing but not enter the altar and do sacramental service (this is the only thing they are not allowed to do).

God bless,

CS
  • yea, ive heard that too, actually Abouna Yacoub even said that if enough of us were interested he would order us the gowns and everything and let us be "deaconesses."
  • That would be interesting because i never saw deaconesses before in my life.
    If that happen please feel free to share pictures if you guys take some :)
  • i never saw deaconesses b4 either,, that would be truly amazing wow :D
  • Slight corrective. ;D

Wearing a gown and singing DOES NOT make you a deaconess, to be a deaconess you have to be a nun. All women are allowed to wear gowns and sing in the same way a man can wear a gown and sing. I actually know a evangelical christian who got to march through jerusalem during the resurrection in a tonia because they didn't have enough people.

God bless,

CS
  • oh on second thought... ::)
  • why the rolling eyes??? :o

CS
  • i dunno ..just ::)
  • When I saw you were looking in the opposite direction I knew you were trouble! :P

CS
  • who? ana? .. ya i dunno y the angel is in the opposite direction of urs. oh well ;D
  • lol.. i know thtas why i put it in quotes- "deaconesses".. i didnt know what theyd be called ;)
  • lol, technically speaking your still part of the congregation but don't let that put you off... ;D

God bless you.....

CS :)
  • immmmmmm baaaaaaaaack. jk.
    anywayz, i was at eccyc and i was with the high school girls and we did a mass and there were only 2 guys and they had to serve in teh altar, so the girls were the "decons" it was me, sleepymusician, and 2 other girls leading. after the mass, we got compliments from Bishop David and Bishop Antionious Markous (Bishop of Africa) and said that we were better than the guys and that we should be decons. My priest said that we might have a little section and the gowns for the girls to sing. ;D :-*
  • cool cool keep it up guys or girls i should say
  • WOOHOO!! She's right. We were awesome, and it showed how well girls could handle with hymns. Get em girls, till next time, we await....lol

sleepy
  • YAY!! girl power! lol... go girls! and yea.. i tihnk we oughta start the gown/"deacon girl" thing lol..
  • Yea we will, but no tacky colors please....lol

sleepy
  • im not gonna be picky
  • Why dont u ask ur priest if u can stand as a choir somewhere next to the deacons ;)