Tasbeha Tonight-Urgent

Hey everyone,

I know this has been talked about already many times but i want'ed to ask one last time. Is the tasbeha tonight considered kiahky or is tonight annual and the kiahky hymns start with tomorrow's liturgy.

I was positive that tonight would be 7&4 and i noticed that is what everyone has said on here and coptichymns.net. also many church said that tonight they will be having 7&4. I called my abouna today and he said that tomorrow is the first sunday of Kiahk but tonight would be an annual tasbeha. That doesn't make sense, since the tasbeha we do tonight is for the sunday liturgy so please reply asap so that I have something to determine what is going on tonight. Has anyone got news for any dioceses or anything. Thanks in advance. God bless

Comments

• [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6000.msg80098#msg80098 date=1197141673]
    Hey everyone,

I know this has been talked about already many times but i want'ed to ask one last time. Is the tasbeha tonight considered kiahky or is tonight annual and the kiahky hymns start with tomorrow's liturgy.

I was positive that tonight would be 7&4 and i noticed that is what everyone has said on here and coptichymns.net. also many church said that tonight they will be having 7&4. I called my abouna today and he said that tomorrow is the first sunday of Kiahk but tonight would be an annual tasbeha. That doesn't make sense, since the tasbeha we do tonight is for the sunday liturgy so please reply asap so that I have something to determine what is going on tonight. Has anyone got news for any dioceses or anything. Thanks in advance. God bless

Tonight, according to the rites of our church will be the night of the first sunday of Kiahk, do to the fact that last sunday of Hatoor will be the 1st of Kiahk since we need to pray 4 FULL kiahk sundays. so you start vespers praises today in kiahky rite and read the kiahky readings of tomorrow.
  • thanks a lot, so i was right, but now how do i prove this to my abouna, i dont understand his logic. Tonight is the night of the first sunday of kiahk but he says that tonight is annual and tomorrow we begin Kiahk! ughh
  • well more or less in a situation like that you either have to show hard evidence or just simply be obedient and accept it
  • i know i agree i wont tell him he is wrong but i was just asking if anyone had news from the diocese or anything so that i could show him, since tonight is def. Kiahky. But thanks everyone and Happy holidays!
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=6000.msg80105#msg80105 date=1197145956]
    i know i agree i wont tell him he is wrong but i was just asking if anyone had news from the diocese or anything so that i could show him, since tonight is def. Kiahky. But thanks everyone and Happy holidays!

From H.G. Bishop Youssef of the southern diocese:

1) Because the Paramoune of the Feast of the Nativity falls on
    Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Jan.4, 5, and 6), do we read the
    readings of the Paramoune on all three of those days including that
    Sunday?
    Yes

2) If the readings of the Paramoune are read on Sunday, January 6,
    then do we consider the last Sunday in the month of Hatoor (Dec. 9)
    as the First Sunday of the month of Kiahk?
    Yes

3) What readings do we read on Sunday, Dec. 9? Do we read the
    readings of the 29th of Baramhat or the first Sunday of Kiahk?
    1st Sunday of Koiahk

4) What tune do we pray in on Sunday, Dec, 9? Is it joyous tune
    because of the 29th of Hatoor or Kiahk tune because of the First
    Sunday of Kiahk?
    Koiahk tune

5) What readings do we read on Monday, Dec. 9 - the 30th of Hatoor?
    The reading of 30th of Hathor with Koiahk Tune too

6) What tune do we use to pray the Midnight Praises on Saturday Dec.
    8?
    Koiahk Tune, you should follow the Koiahk Midnight Praises rites

7) What tune do we use to pray the Midnight Praises on Saturday, Jan.
    5?
    Annual Tune of Paramoune.

God bless you

Bishop Youssef

Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA

• I thought this Sunday was the Feast of the Triple Commemoration (The Annunciation, Nativity, Resurrection)--the 29th of the Coptic Month.  The Tune would then be the Joyful (Festal) and it would supercede the Kiyahk or Annual Tunes.
  • Thank you mina! and thank you to everyone, you've all been really helpful. Umm but ilovesaintmark, the first sunday of kiahk over rides the feast of the 29th of each month as decided by the synod. Tomorrow will be the first sunday of Kiahk as minagir presented in the questions with HG Bishop Youssef