confused

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey there....just a question... did u ever felt like u are confused... thinking bout islam and christianity...u are interested in both...u want to know both....and then the other way...to the sin...like u have more then one personality....two or three persons are in u...a bit confusing right?

if there is sombody who understands me...i fthere is a priest on this website plz contact me....
i am going on the wrong path....and  dont feel anything....i am really confused right now

pp4m

Comments

• Hi there,

[quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5983.msg79915#msg79915 date=1196636425]
    hey there....just a question... did u ever felt like u are confused... thinking bout islam and christianity...u are interested in both...u want to know both....and then the other way...to the sin...like u have more then one personality....two or three persons are in u...a bit confusing right?

if there is sombody who understands me...i fthere is a priest on this website plz contact me....
    i am going on the wrong path....and  dont feel anything....i am really confused right now

pp4m

i am not a priest or anything but first of all it never happened to me but i think i know what u mean,first look at what is right for your life sit and read the gospel and pray and go to your FOC (father of confesion) and he would probobly give u the best answer. And like u said "I am going on the wrong path", if u know know that then stop change and go back to the right path and go to your FOC and tell him about what u were thinking of doing and pray to god for forgivness
  • I do not know exacly what your problem is (but aren't you one of the people who was supporting me when I had doubts?)

I have felt confused about my faith before..  it was very hard.. and God has given me rest but I think it could come back.. because once I had rest and it came back... I hope it doesn't come back again..
    as ugly as Islam is.. I think in that state I could have even been influenced by Islam..

I think you need to really seek after God..  keep praying even if with tears... if you can read the new testament without confusion then read it .. if not.. maybe leave it for a while and pray hard...  meet other christians to pray for you.. and a bishop told me to do 10 prostrations everyday....  thats all you can do.. you do not really want these thoughts.. but you have a problem trusting or something.. unless you really want to take the path of sin with all your heart and lose your soul..
    If God is good He will rescue you right? but wait even if at the last watch? but God is merciful and good..
    you have to fear God to escape.. I feel sad for those who have gone for long still confused about their faith.. but God knows what each of us can bear and everyone's circumstances..

the thief only comes to steal to kill and to destroy.. and it seems the devil could be on to you.. is he envious and angry of you? it is also recommended for me to watch other stuff.. you can watch cartoons or something.. but when you are overwhelmed and fearful of your soul run to God run to God.... My God do not leave me .. you are all I want..

"Wait on the LORD, be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart" "Wait I say on the LORD" 

I think we need to pray for you

I think It is not unlikely that I was rescued by the prayers of people ... didn't st john say "If you see a brother sinning a sin not leading to death pray for him and God will give him life" or something?

For some reason when I was having doubts when I read the bible randomly.. I read things like "trampling the Son of God underfooot,... " "in the latter times.. some will depart from the faith..giving heed to deceiving spirits"
    who knows whether this is from God or the devil.. it is not recommened to read the bible randomly.. but these things should make you pray fervently to God...

God keep you with us brother!

• Reading that again after I went to a dinner.. what I said seems like it could be completely blind to your problems.. and it might of sounded very strange... did it?

Should I go live in sin? am I really that stuffed up?... just because I spoke after not praying and thinking for long.. say 7 minutes.. actually I posted quickly..

• Dear aripsalin,
    I am sure you know this: CONFUSION (about anything in the world) is a very sharp weapon the evil one uses. it tries to get us in circles, and never ending dilemmas because we try to think and depend on our intellectual powers. As mikeforjesus just said "we all need to pray for one another"; we are certain that only the power of prayers should save us all from whatever sin there is in our way.
    Fr. Daoud Lamey actually said this; in satan's wars with us, it starts by asking a very simple and seemingly stupid question, so that we either positively agree, or strongly disagree and then it goes on in its war and traps us into this circle. What we should do however, is to distract ourselves from these thoughts (be it lust, be it islam or whatever religion, be it anything in the world), and instantly stand up and pray. Don't reason with yourself please, and surely don't reason with anyone else (except for your father of confession) as peter8866 pointed out.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • Dear Αριψαλιν,

You have taken the first and important step of recognising that you may be going on the wrong path; and you have taken the second important step of seeking help.

As ever, Ophadece offers excellent advice; see your Father of Confession and confess to him. Talk to him, and, if you can, to your parents or someone older and with more experience.

It is, as others have said, natural at stages on one's life to have doubts - and these Satan tries to use to get us into his grip. Temptation gives us the chance to choose Christ and to choose the Truth and Life over lies and death.

Prayer is a vital tool in the battle against evil, and do make sure you pray; it also, I think, helps to cross yourself to guard you against the Evil One.

Our prayers are with you,

In Christ,

Anglian
  • do u think it is that easy to go to a FOC? I mean i dont even have one...i mean i had one but i chose the wrong one...it is a bishop...and i dont know he is like he just want to talk with those who are puting money in the church...it semmes like that..please god forgive me...
    then the other priests are to busy with talking and listen to the persons who come to them with something like "my husband is ignorant....yesterday i was ill...and stuff like that" ...and then there is one who was new in the church....i putet him in my heart...like a child put his father in his heart...he was my father (not really but like a father) ...he was my insperation to do something for the church, go to conferences with him, teaching in sundayschools and so on.... but from the one second to the other he changed...or i just imagine he changed...i thought it would be better to do more...but he wasent there anymore for  me(he's still here but not for me)

in my whole live there were just two priests with who i can talk with...one died about i think 8 years ago and the other left the country ....

so who can i talk with?

my mum? if she knews what i am doing or thinking she would kill me!
    my sister? my brother? i just see them every now and then!
    my uncles? i dont talk to them anymore...they died for me with my father!
    my aunts? not here in europe!

i dont have anyone to talk with but u guys here....and i cant write about what i am doing cause this here is public space!

who can i talk with....

anyway guys...thank u for ur advices! Really thank u very much

pp4m
  • Dear aripsalin,
    I still think the best one to open up with in agreement with Anglian is your father of confession. Even though you feel that he got a bit far away from you, doesn't mean he forgot all about you. He might just have been too busy with other things, but I am sure his arms will be open for you again once you start talking to him frankly. Obviously, you are in need to speak to someone. I live in the UK, and maybe you live in Germany (as I understand). I can PM you my phone number if you think it will be a good idea to talk to me. However, I don't think this should be the solution for the mere reason that I won't be able to give you a good spiritual guidance anyway; it may rather be more academic, and psychological, but you surely need spiritual advice, and especially FACE TO FACE. Anyway, God bless you... Keep praying; we Christians believe in the power of prayers, however slow God's response may be. I think you have experienced that before.
    God bless you and don't forget to mention us in your prayers
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Αριψαλιν,

I have a question for you.  Since you don't seem to have a FoC, do you happen to have any close friends who are at a higher spiritual level (for lack of a better expression)?  I mean, while it would be ideal for you to talk to a priest, I realize that sometimes it is not always possible.  As such, something you need to realize is that God can use anybody to get His message across to you.  I have been blessed to have a friend who is very spiritual (who I unfortunately see once in a blue moon).  However, whenever I do have the opportunity to meet with him, I am comfortable enough to talk to him about my problems and concerns, and he has been able to give me advice.  Do you know someone like that?  I would strongly urge you to talk to such a person, if there is one.  They will be able to give you sound advice and help guide you until you are able to find a FoC you are comfortable to speak with.
  • Αριψαλιν,
    I know that this time in your life is hard for you... very hard, but you know what?? everyone goes through a time in their life when they doubt the One who created them. You've had a tough life, from what you've been telling us, but all you really need to do is think about all the times in your life when miracles happened. Think of one incident when you were sure you wouldn't make it through but somehow you did.... that's the grace of God. He helps each of us millions of times everyday but we usually don't notice until something big happens. It's normal and it happens to everyone. Take action NOW!! Go to your room and talk to God. Ask Him to open your eyes to the truth and ask Him to help you make the right decisions in your life. I PROMISE (... and I don't make promises that I can't keep) that He will guard you and protect you. Just try this and you will see a huge difference in your life. Also pray the "Quick Prayer": "My Lord Jesus Christ, my Savior, have mercy upon me a sinner!" Say this whenever you get these thoughts in your head and they will go away immediately.

In regards to finding a FOC, you might think that the priests at your church are only concerned with "big" issues, but the truth is that they care about everyone the same. Once, I talked to Abouna and he noticed that I was upset so he asked me what was wrong. I told him it's ok because he 'probably had more important issues to deal with'. Abouna told me never to say that again because every issue is an important issue for God when it comes to the wellbeing and safety of His children and Abounas are commissioned to look after them. Find a priest that you can really open up to and talk to him honestly... he'll give you the advice you need to gain your eternity.

Please try these suggestions... I want you to reply within a week to tell us that everything is better and that you've sorted out your thoughts and feelings... ok?

Take care and God bless you all. Pray for me.
  • Find a priest that you can really open up to and talk to him honestly...

the problem is that hes gone....my problem is that my heart is not that open for anyone...i need time to find a foc who i can trust...i know u will say now u can trust every abouna....but thats wrong...i experienced that....

do you happen to have any close friends who are at a higher spiritual level

yes there is one....but the contact between us is not that good anymore...and when i want to talk with him he is busy with other things...what i can understand

I can PM you my phone number if you think it will be a good idea to talk to me.
    it may rather be more academic, and psychological, but you surely need spiritual advice, and especially FACE TO FACE.

thank u thats really nice...it doesnt have to be a phone number...its ok if i can pm u

and all who posted here thank u for advices...i will repeat them as many as i can do and will see what happens...

pp4m
  • Dear aripsalin,
    OK, I will wait until you PM me. Until then, look after yourself and your spiritual life. God be with you and support you.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [glow=red,2,300] It is good that u are admitting that u r going on the wrong path. Now go repent and confess. and talk to ur father of confession. he will give u advise. my advise is before doing anything, think about it, and ask urself, would GOD do this or that. if u choose the correct answer then u will be fine. Another thing, read the bible. If u have any questions then ask an adult. also, PRAYER. it is soooooooooooooooo important. that is the only time u actally have a conversation with GOD. God will help u if u have faith!!!! in the bible it says...........[/glow]

[glow=orange,2,300]Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to pleasure Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.[/glow]

[move][glow=green,2,300] ;D :D hope i helped ;) ;D[/glow][/move]