Pretty Sad

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I dont have a question, more like a comment, that i'd like people to think about guess take heed of:

I remember how there was a thread not to long ago were we were talking
about how many Christians become muslim...well just two days ago here at school me and this guy were walkin thorugh school and we see a girl who was goodlooking...so he goes u see her and im like ya.....he goes well shes converting cuz shes going w/ a muslim guy  adn then that same day he shows me another girl who apparetnly already converted.

i dont kno if im making a big deal out of it
but i find it really sad and disturbing on how easy we lose people like that

Comments

• They were already lost before, frankly. An insipid, taken-for-granted relationship with Christ is not Christian. To convert to another faith for any human being, is not worthy of Christ anyway. For her to start dating a Muslim guy meant she was already unfaithful to Christ. She was not being a Christian. And we too convert and show how we are lost to Christ each time we just try to conform to the world.
  • Wow.
    honestly, ur not making a big deal at all- cuz it is a big deal. its worth worrying abt and these ppl need our prayers. we can not condemn them cuz we dont know their situations- we can only pray 4 them and hope that they change back. i know a girl who went out with a muslim guy and she converted him (actually hes in the process)

GBU and pray for them and me
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5888.msg78942#msg78942 date=1193804342]
    I dont have a question, more like a comment, that i'd like people to think about guess take heed of:

about how many Christians become muslim...well just two days ago here at school me and this guy were walkin thorugh school and we see a girl who was goodlooking...so he goes u see her and im like ya.....he goes well shes converting cuz shes going w/ a muslim guy  adn then that same day he shows me another girl who apparetnly already converted.

the title of this thread is very fitting.
    it is sad that this is happening but it been happening for as long as i remeber. in egypt it's how muslims attract the girls and boys to islam. through what is called "love" and it's fake love, not he real love. the only diffrent here in the US is that it's allright. ppl don't care about what u believe or others.
  • For my literature class, I have to do a research project so I did Coptic Persecution in Egypt. I have at least 60 notecards, and at least one-fourth of it was about conversion, I'm not saying that all of them are like that, some are so nice, but seriously when it comes to conversion from christianity to islam, by death, rape, or even molestation, than it's gone to far.  I never actually physically seen it before, have you actually talked to any of the two girls???

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well they were infront of me
    and one of them is friends w/ my friend thas how i know its a fact
    now i was tinkin of going up to talk to her........but i mean what would i say?
    dont be muslim, leave ur bf??? i mean as Dobuting Thomas said........they've been lost
    so i cant bring em back now.....and what ever i'd say to them wont help but harm the situation
    and its better to be harmless than helpful
    plus to add to that ...my college is mostly muslim and most of htem are from palestine and those countries
    so any worng move....would start a civil war inside of school

i guess the only soulution would be prayer eh?
  • Of course it is very sad; indeed it is more than sad. To move, as these young woemn have, from the Light of Christ into the darkness is to put their immortal souls into peril. Yes, we must pray for them. But perhaps we must also do more to ensure that Christians really live their faith and are not so easily led astray.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • If someone wants to be muslim, its ok with me. But i don't feel its right to change your faith because you are getting married. I don't think that's smart.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5888.msg78942#msg78942 date=1193804342]

It is sad... but in a way, she was never much of a Christian if she is deciding to convert just because of her boyfriend. It shows where her priorities are. I've heard of Muslims doing the same-converting to Christianity just to marry someone. People who do things like that were never really apart of their religion to start with.
  • [quote author=gigglyshy link=topic=5888.msg79659#msg79659 date=1196029060]
    [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5888.msg78942#msg78942 date=1193804342]

It is sad... but in a way, she was never much of a Christian if she is deciding to convert just because of her boyfriend. It shows where her priorities are. I've heard of Muslims doing the same-converting to Christianity just to marry someone. People who do things like that were never really apart of their religion to start with.

I know a muslim guy that became Christian only to get more business.
    I know this tunisian muslim lady that wears a huge cross around her neck as she wants people to think she's christian.

Its a sad world.
  • Yes, that is very sad. A strange world indeed, where some pretend to be Christian to get business and others, who are, find themselves being suspended from their job for wearing a crucifix.

In Christ,

Anglian