Baptism

hey everyyone I was just wondering if anyone here has any links or information about Baptism.. things like why we must be baptised, what are we recieving when we get baptised, other churches views on baptism and how they difer from our views on baptism... I think baptism is very important and I just want to learn as much of it as I can. I will also do the same with all the other sacrements of the church, but first i want to learn everything about baptism, why EXACTLY Jesus was baptised and had to be baptised, what are all the prophecies of baptism in the old testament.. what our church says about baptism and the baptism of Jesus Christ. Please everyone, just give me everything youve got on baptism and links on baptism would be really great... Thanks for your time... God Bless

Comments

• Hi Meena
    I am happy to see the spelling of your name is exactly as the spelling of my son's name.
    I recommend the following site for you regarding Babtism:
    http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/thecopticchurch/sacraments/1_baptism.htm

If I come through another useful and comprehensive site in future, I will copy the link for you.

Good luck
  • Try goin to the Popes page
    www.copticpope.org
    and looking through the book selection he has..........he has published a couple of books regarding Baptisim
  • Thank you so much everyone for your help, i really appreciate it.
  • Oh one more thing.. im having trouble finiding where in the bible is says that when Jesus was baptized he was completely covered in water... like we are when we get baptized
  • It said that "when Jesus came up" which means he was submerged under water
  • oh ic, so than, for other religions like protestants they dont do that,they just like through water on themselves, is this wrong? and since we only belive in one baptism and one of them wanted to become orthodox would they have to be baptized again the correct way?