Levels to Heaven

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey! Wutz up everyone? ??? :D I want to know, are there levels to heaven? ??? I have heard that there are, but i wanted to make sure. ;)

Comments

• there are 7 levels... revlations.. someone who is smart can give you more detail... its like the close things (four creaters)
    the priest
    the saints/ martyrs
    the angels
    this
    that
    this
    that

and there is a verse i think its in John chapter 14... "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." might be either verse 1 or 2 or towards the beginning somewhere

house= heaven
    mansions= different levels  in heaven
  • those are not the levels of Heaven but the ranks in heaven and actually they go like this
    1) God
    2) St. Mary
    3) Heavenly Hosts
    4) Martyrs
    5) Monastic Orders
    6) Other Saints
    7) The rest of us

But that does not mean there are necesarily 7 ranks in heaven those are just the ones i know about the other thing is that i know that there will be levels in heaven but what they are i don't know
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5868.msg78807#msg78807 date=1193361931]
    those are not the levels of Heaven but the ranks in heaven and actually they go like this
    1) God
    2) St. Mary
    3) Heavenly Hosts
    4) Martyrs
    5) Monastic Orders
    6) Other Saints
    7) The rest of us

But that does not mean there are necesarily 7 ranks in heaven those are just the ones i know about the other thing is that i know that there will be levels in heaven but what they are i don't know

yeah i agree. There is going to be a rank for confessors between the martyrs and the monastic orders. Inside each rank there are goin to be more ranks inside
  • Also in the commemoration of Saint in tasbeha we commemorate them in the same order mentioned above
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

As far as I know, the Church has always taught that there are levels to Heaven (four to be precise).  If one reads the second Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians, we find that Paul speaks about being taken up to the third heaven.  Traditionally the first heaven is called the heaven of the birds (i.e. the sky), the second heaven is the heaven of the stars, the third heaven is Paradise and the fourth heaven is the Heaven of heavens or, more commonly, the Kingdom of Heaven.  Within the Kingdom of Heaven, there are certainly going to be levels though how and what the breakdown is, no one knows.  That being said though, we will ALL experience God and be in His presence and showered in His love and we will all become equal partakers of the Divine Nature.
  • We don't know who is in which (in great detail) or how many there are. Nobody thats been there came and told us so it will remain a mystery. All we can do now is to try and get there.
  • Thanks u guys.   8 ;) :D ;D
  • It's no secret. JYDEACON just said them all. Ofcourse like kirmich also said, they're are levels in between levels. For example Saint Constantine stated to Saint Pishoy that Monks were so high in heaven, they could be seen as Eagles flying above. And the martyrs, we know that they are higher than monks because they shed their blood for the sake of christ. And a Monk who is a martyr such as 49 elders of Shiheet, or Saint moses the black or St. Bedaba etc, are higher than martyrs bacause they are monks too. And If you have a Confessor who is a monk, and also a martyr, that is even higher... anba rewais, and anba Barsoum are ascetic. Therefore higher than monks but lower than martyrs. Do you guyz agree?

PK
  • Hi PopeKyrillos
    [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=5868.msg78914#msg78914 date=1193763968] Do you guyz agree?

Yeah offcourse but can I humbly add one thing.
    [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=5868.msg78914#msg78914 date=1193763968]
    And If you have a Confessor who is a monk, and also a martyr, that is even higher...

Confessors can't be martyrs because a confessor is someone who has only been tortured but not killed. Most of them die anyway because of their tortures eg. from infected wounds and desaeses obtained from this torture.  So in a way they were killed but indirectly.
    pray for me
  • [quote author=Biscutt link=topic=5868.msg78804#msg78804 date=1193358591]
    Hey! Wutz up everyone? ??? :D I want to know, are there levels to heaven? ??? I have heard that there are, but i wanted to make sure. ;)

He said "levels TO heaven". Only Cephas took note of the original question. He is just too perceptive sometimes :P
  • Thanks u guys!!!! ;D :D May God bless u guys and help u with all of ur problems!!!!! ;D :D ;) :)