All Saints Day

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
All saints day is coming up and I wanted to dress as a monk. Does anyone know how i can get the headdress for a monk or how i can make one? Also where can i get a black tonia? (if u dont know where to get that tonia its ok ill where a white one but then ill need the white headdress for the monk/ bishop)

Comments

• Im sure if you ask abouna for an old one of his he will give it to you. As for the thing the monks wear... im not sure sorry.
  • What's All Saints day ?
  • [quote author=CopticChild link=topic=5836.msg78340#msg78340 date=1192500419]
    All saints day is coming up and I wanted to dress as a monk. Does anyone know how i can get the headdress for a monk or how i can make one? Also where can i get a black tonia? (if u dont know where to get that tonia its ok ill where a white one but then ill need the white headdress for the monk/ bishop)

Hi. I don't think its good to dress up as a monk or a priest. THe priesthood, unlike any other profession, is a sacrament. I don't think its right to pretend to be a priest or a monk as a joke.
  • Vassilos,
    It's completely fine to dres up as a monk or a priest for a church related activity. She's not going to go out in public or in the streets and get people to kiss her hand as if she was a real monk or whatever. In my church, we have all saints day too, and people dress up as different saints. btw, this is so kids don't go out trick or treating. And they dress up and give descriptions of which saint they are. Then the other people try to guess. Then they have riddles about many of the saints in the church, and when you answer a question right, you get a piece of candy.

PK
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5836.msg78398#msg78398 date=1192629415]
    What's All Saints day ?

im pretty sure he means Oct. 31 ( Halloween ) it used to be all saints day untill everybody changed it to devil day ( go online and do research lol ) but most if not all churches have something for all saints day.
  • yea thats what we do in our church
  • take a garbage bag and wear that... it will show humility
  • my dear i have read thru 90% of what you wrote and i am  strong to let you know that God is in control of all situations
    May the prayers of teh siants be with you as always

ranadi