I need advise please!!!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I wanted to sue someone and also an institution? 

I'm not ready yet, but I plan on in the future.  What are my options?

The reason is because I felt threatened for my life.

I also want to sue the police because they didn't do anything when I needed protection? Meaning,
I was afraid to go into a house because I felt threatened for my life by someone there.... so when I called
the police they said they can't do anything until something happens or someone gets hurt.  I begged them, but they insisted that's the law.  at the end , after I kept on calling 911 and asking for protection, they said they will send one of the 'local' security ppl just to stand outside. I was very happy and they told me to call within 10 minutes prior to my arrival at that place.

When I did, they said they do not know what I was talking about. lol :D :D 

This is just one part. The other person whom I felt threatened my life is also someone close to me-- my older brother (about 10 years older than me)........he threatened me for about 4 times and I was scared and nervous because I didn't find the reason enough or compatible with the 'punishment' he was trying to use against me.

So, I might sue him if he doesn't apologize. But that's like one in million chance RIGHT NOW. When I grow up, i might for psycological reasons and also like i stated before for threatening my LIFE.

Another thing I want to sue is the Police at my school... for I felt threatened for my life also. Because I didn't do anything wrong and they arrested me. They didn't give me a reason for my arrest and also a chance to defend myself before i was arrested.  I just told them they were bad cops and that was all.  Then all of a sudden, they jumped me and took me to 'interogation room' lol... just like in the movies.  It was a fun experience.... lol.

Another thing I want to sue... at the end... is the devil (Diablos).... lol........ can I do that? 
He has done me so many things wrong... when I didn't do anything.... wrong....... can I do that
in the court of the Lord? 

After all, anything is possible these dayz.    :D

Shukran!

Comments

• im kinda confuzzled.
    sooo...the main question here is : can you sue the devil in the Lord's court?

Another thing I want to sue is the Police at my school... for I felt threatened for my life also. Because I didn't do anything wrong and they arrested me. They didn't give me a reason for my arrest and also a chance to defend myself before i was arrested.  I just told them they were bad cops and that was all.  Then all of a sudden, they jumped me and took me to 'interogation room' lol... just like in the movies.  It was a fun experience.... lol.

^^ :O that's really strangee....

I don't know that you can sue for "threatenment of life" ..but i could be wrongg...afterall ,people these days literally sue for pennies..lol.
  • Well Haile
    im so sorry to hear about your expierences, but suing is a tricky thing
    there are soo many loopholes in the system that a person can basically do anythign and get away with it
    a reason you mite have been arrested for no reason, is someone could have blamed you fro something that u didnt do....or plain right discrimination it ahppens alot

of course if your gonna sue prepare to spend a lot of money fi u wanna win cuz ur gonna need a lawyer

one more note concerning your brohter:
    blood is thicker than water, so suing him shouldnt be something u should highly think of no matter what he did, because that will dent your realtionship as siblings

Also ask your FOC for advice and PRAY PRAY PRAYY!

God Bless
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5734.msg76604#msg76604 date=1189225389]
    Well Haile
    im so sorry to hear about your expierences, but suing is a tricky thing
    there are soo many loopholes in the system that a person can basically do anythign and get away with it
    a reason you mite have been arrested for no reason, is someone could have blamed you fro something that u didnt do....or plain right discrimination it ahppens alot

of course if your gonna sue prepare to spend a lot of money fi u wanna win cuz ur gonna need a lawyer

one more note concerning your brohter:
    blood is thicker than water, so suing him shouldnt be something u should highly think of no matter what he did, because that will dent your realtionship as siblings

Hey, discrimination might have something to do with it... for all the cops were white. lol

They all jumped on me like I was carrying a weapon or something. lol 
    When I asked why they arrested me after we arrived at the 'interrogation' room....
    they said I called some lady the "B" word (to be clear I said "B*tch ass")... but I didn't.... I said it to myself (on/to the situation-- and i'm sure she knew it too that I said it to myself, but i believe she lied and told the police the opposite)because she snatched (took) away my school I.D. card from my hand .... and took it into her office without asking me.... and I was anxious/nervous and took it back from her after following her into her office. 

So, when she said that I need to see her... i was irritated more and yelled out loud: "CALL THE POLICE".  Then they took took that as an advantage and she did.... but I knew I had done nothing wrong so I kept on doing my business, which was picking food to eat... it was in the place where students eat food.

the next thing I know, the police came and took me outside. I told them they were bad cops cause i had done nothing wrong.... all were white cops too.... so.... before I know it, they handcuffed me... and I could have resisted it too.... then some serious stuff could have taken place. But God helped me to not resist and the rest is something else. 

Thank you all for replying. 
    More replies would be appreciated. 

God be with you all and may He hear your prayers.
    Amen! ;) :)

• Bro, good luck!

you're more likely to fail then succeed if you follow a court action. You will lose money, time, energy etc etc.

Basically, if you sue your not going to get anything back in terms of compensation, unless it be nominal damgaes.

Compensation means to be compensated for your loss, it seems as though you have not suffered a loss that is worth sueing over. Even if you were arrested, I doubt they would have done it for no reason, there must have been some provocation involved.

My recomendation, don't waste your time, just pray that God may guide you and others throughout your life.

Regards,
    Doogie
  • that's good advise, Doogie!

But can I sue for psycological reasons?  saying.... i was damaged psycologically.... lol

People seem to believe anything these days.... especially if you tell them you are psycologically dysfunctioned.... lol....
    It seems like they want you to be dysfunctional.... in your head....... even your close friends and family so they can be happy or feel better about themselves --- and perhaps also to talk about it with others... like something to talk about and something to lay on... just so.. to CONFIRM (CONFIRMATION) with others... so they can feel like they are part of something... no matter how they might hurt that person's feeling... they don't bother or don't care about that person's feeling.  They say in my language "qews" or "nik".  Similar to ... someone who lost his/her mind....When it could really be them who might need help. lol  just kiddin'.... i don't know about that, only God knows. 

Thank you all for replying by the way.

I have more to say later on, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.... if it ain't the end of the world. LOL
    I get this feeling that it will be sometimes soon this week.... like with the Calander 2000 (coptic date)... lol....
    are you ready?  :)
  • Seriously man, you are wasting your time!

There is little if no legal grounding behind your claims, but if your willing you can go speak to a solicitor/ attorney, and ask them for their professional legal opinion. I doubt it will vary much, but it shall definitely be a financial burden.

Pray hard and God be with you!!

Regards,
    Doogie
  • Trust me ... i won't do it now.  I don't think i will ever do it.

But in the future (near future lol don't know when) , if I get money and if I see the situation to be favorable,
    then I shall, God willing, sue and stand up & set example for others who get mistreated... by a higher power.

Thanks for your time, Doogie!  ;D :D :)
  • Exodus 14:14
    The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.

My prayers are also for you. Rely mainly on the Lord's mighty arm, so raise your complaints to Him, pray a lot for yourself, for your brother too and for all your enemies (and forgive them). I think your brother is not a true enemy: he may be under heavy burdens or pressure himself.

My advice is to be careful and avoid throwing hasty provocations to others.
    Wise people watch their tongue - I don't mean you said anything bad, just to avoid that.
    In discriminative situations, something trivial may be sensed wrongly as a very bad gesture - this is allowed in life because "in the world you will have tribulations". Be wise and humble, this not weakness. God bless you and guard you.
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=5734.msg76625#msg76625 date=1189266821]
    Exodus 14:14
    The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.

My prayers are also for you. Rely mainly on the Lord's mighty arm, so raise your complaints to Him, pray a lot for yourself, for your brother too and for all your enemies (and forgive them). I think your brother is not a true enemy: he may be under heavy burdens or pressure himself.

Trust me i tried to understand with the best of my ability as to why he did what he did to me.  I am not God so I cannot read his mind. WHen I asked him why, he just said I didn't like your attitude, but fails to describe what/which attitude. oh well, It's all for the best I hope.  :)  :D

I don't I can do this right now, for I do not have anything with me... I just thought about it and there is a possibility I might in the future... just to get some attention.  lol  ... sue the police at my school, the police at my brother's staying place, and the last thing I do not want to do.... sue my brother for something... just want to take him to court and just want to see the judge bang that thing saying it was his fault and needs to apologize or maybe compensate.  I might turn down the compensation though... but this is all if he doesn't apologize right now in the near future... by being stubborn, and by being not good (bad) & not admitting his faults.                 

Bye!

Thank you all for your time!
  • Blessed are the Peacemakers....
  • Does God Really create people like you?? wow...
  • [quote author=KrazyLion link=topic=5734.msg76653#msg76653 date=1189366477]
    Does God Really create people like you?? wow...

what does that mean?

I do not get what you mean, sir.

I'm hoping/guessing you meant it in a good way/intention. lol

I was actually thinking, recently that is, if God really creates people like Saint Virgin Mary. lol

I actually doubted her holiness and power given to her by her Son our Lord Jesus Christ. But now I'm
    a believer, a stronger believer thank God.

Amen.  :D
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5734.msg76638#msg76638 date=1189312742]
    Blessed are the Peacemakers....

What do you mean by this, hizz_chilld??

I wish I had the power to make peace, but right now I just want an apology and God willing, if possible
    some extra money.  That is if the judge orders so. 

That's all folks!

God be with you all!  >:(

:'(
  • Well... when you sue someone.. it's hardly peaceful.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5734.msg76678#msg76678 date=1189412478]
    Well... when you sue someone.. it's hardly peaceful.

Not if God is with you!!! 

Am I right?! >:(

:P 
  • "Another thing I want to sue... at the end... is the devil (Diablos).... lol........ can I do that?
    He has done me so many things wrong... when I didn't do anything.... wrong....... can I do that
    in the court of the Lord?  "

Like are u serious right now....can you sue the devil...are u for real?? or are u just sleepy or something....no u can't sue the devil.  You can sue people, and i mean humans. but anyway, i think you should forgive and forget.  as the Lord said, FORGIVE, don't hold grudges against anyone....you never know when your time will come, GOD will punish the people that did wrong to you.....and you said that you did not do anything wrong....are u not a sinner, i mean i'm not going to judge, but I know that no one is perfect.  What do u mean u didn't do anything to the devil lool?? the devil just tempts you bro, like he/she tempts everyone, you're not the only one.  Just don't sue anyone, ESPECIALLY YOUR OWN BROTHER, don't be like Cain now, seriously dude, like wow, just forgive.....When you pray the Lord's prayer, you say "Forgive us OUR Trespasses, AS WE FORGIVE OTHERS WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US"  ask yourself, are you really forgiving others because if not, then the Lord will not forgive you, and in the end, He will be judging you.
  • You don't have to forget, `cause in many cases it's just not possible. You MUST, however, forgive.
  • My advice would be is let it pass and do not try to take revenge for yourself for God will do it for you. I am sorry but it is not right to sue your brother. You should forgive him no matter how bas the circumstances and love each other.

God Bless.
  • My prayers are with you hailemikael. May God streghthen you.

Do not forget, the Lord is with you at all times. The Lord said vengeance is mine. which means he will punish those in the end. The suing may take up time, you could be praying for the situation which will take part of it more then suing. But i am not saying that you shoudnt sue, its your choice. There is a verse somebody mentioned in another thread: All things are lawful for me, but are they beneficial? ( sorry i forgot which book of the bible: and it could be used to think about in this situation too. so dont sue to seek revenge. it is up to the Lord.
    and Well, if some cops just arrest you out of no where, i would want to understand and make them understandf the truth.

Also about suing the Devil. Think of it this way---- If you sue the devil- there would be lines of millions behind you. The Lord let the devil free to do what he wants, which the Lord did to test us in various trials. but after Judgement day. Christ will "lock" him up in hell along with the people who he rejected from heaven.

-if anything i said that you dont agree with, or that i am wrong, just let me know

whats that supossed to mean??

And Also i would like to add temptation is a good thing.

In the book of James, chapter 1 around verse5-7 or somthing, it says " Blessed is the man who endures temptation, for when he has been approved he will revieve the corwn of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love him."

If you read the Book of James, it talks about a little of temptation. Temptation is somthing good. it is a chance to do somthing right, and not fall for it. Its a test by the devil to approve yourslef as the verse says....
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5734.msg78287#msg78287 date=1192330090]
    My prayers are with you hailemikael. May God streghthen you.

Do not forget, the Lord is with you at all times. The Lord said vengeance is mine. which means he will punish those in the end. The suing may take up time, you could be praying for the situation which will take part of it more then suing. But i am not saying that you shoudnt sue, its your choice. There is a verse somebody mentioned in another thread: All things are lawful for me, but are they beneficial? ( sorry i forgot which book of the bible: and it could be used to think about in this situation too. so dont sue to seek revenge. it is up to the Lord.
    and Well, if some cops just arrest you out of no where, i would want to understand and make them understandf the truth.

Also about suing the Devil. Think of it this way---- If you sue the devil- there would be lines of millions behind you. The Lord let the devil free to do what he wants, which the Lord did to test us in various trials. but after Judgement day. Christ will "lock" him up in hell along with the people who he rejected from heaven.

-if anything i said that you dont agree with, or that i am wrong, just let me know

He Wept, wow wonderfully put.

I really liked it and understood it.  Please pray for me.  I will do my best to have patience.

God of Abraham be with you!
  • Hailemikael,
    you've made some pretty harsh comments...do you think this is what set you up for getting arrested?
    when the thought of sueing somebody comes up, why don't you look at the pro's and con's of the situation, trust me it helps so much.  but there was just one thing that is awfully ridiculious in the sense that you are probably talking emotionally not physically, well if i can, i'll make one reference to the Bible, "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES" i mean really how would you sue the devil in the Lord's court, are you referring to people that are "demon possessed"? because they still can't help it, but just pray, and the Lord will always be with you.
    Here are some Bible verses that might in a way help you
    Matthew 5:44, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"
    Luke 6:27, "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you"
    John 3:13, "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you"
    John 3:14, "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him"
    John 7:7, "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil"

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Dear Hailemikael,

Where are you now on this one? Did you sue?

It seems to me that the advice here is good and firmly based on our Faith. Let go of this if you can; forgive them - they know not what they do. If you suffer in innocence, why then so did He, and if you have had that chance to walk with Him even part of the way, think about how that will help you to grow as a Christian.

The experience was clearly a horrible one, but sueing simply keeps it all going.

May His peace be with you,

Anglian
  • lol... funny enough i'm suing a police department for arresting me on Halloween night! lol... i had my beard fully grown, and i was wearing a galabeya... and the first question i was asked by the cop was if i had bombs... and all thanks to my temper... i argued with them, and was a smart... umm... I was just i guess being smart for my own good! lol... but i too am going through a law suet with the whole police department of that city, for humiliation, discrimination, and illegal actions that were taken against me... now for lawyers... my lawyer takes a percentage only if the case is won.... now i'm not saying sue or not sue... but if you have enough reasons to hold against them... then go for it... nobody has the right to disrespect you!