Models

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
jsut a question... wut does the coptic church look at the subject of women modeling... and it doesnt have to be modeling for bad clothing.. but just models in general

Comments

• Meena,
    Please be more specific. What is your definition of the word modeling? Then I may be able to answer you.
  • Modeling for clothing lines.. like expensive clothes... clothes that you see most teens wearing nowadays.. Whatever the fashion may be
  • I am not the official dress code, but I can tell you some things:
    a) Should not be showing breasts
    b) Should not be like a tank top
    c) Should be the best outfit that you have
    d) Should be conservative rather than liberal
    e) Should be something fitting to God
    f) Should be expensive but not much body showing (unless for some reason (highly unlikely) it is necessary)
    g) Should be something that does not show to much legs
    h) Should be a rule like how girl's feet or socks are allowed to touch the altar (not shoes)
    Wished I knew more about the subject but this is the most that I know.
  • what will i say is a personal opinion:

i don't approve modeling for many reasons, first you must dignifie your body because it's the temple of te Holy Spirit .. a model agent once said that models are just "walking hangers" that they hire because ther're more appealing than ordinary hangers.. i think you'll agree with me that there's a great difference between being a child of God and being a walking hanger.

i think that most of u know that a high percentage of models have eating disorders because they're under pressures to keep their weihgt in order to keep their job as a model ..those eating disorders are life threatening..Many young girls died trying to be like these models..
  • smile4ever,
    That is definitely an amazing analogy that totally fits. I wished I came up with that one.
  • yeah that was rlly good smile4ever, thnx alot for your opinion.
  • [quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5800.msg77715#msg77715 date=1191224969]
    what will i say is a personal opinion:

i don't approve modeling for many reasons, first you must dignifie your body because it's the temple of te Holy Spirit .. a model agent once said that models are just "walking hangers" that they hire because ther're more appealing than ordinary hangers.. i think you'll agree with me that there's a great difference between being a child of God and being a walking hanger.

i think that most of u know that a high percentage of models have eating disorders because they're under pressures to keep their weihgt in order to keep their job as a model ..those eating disorders are life threatening..Many young girls died trying to be like these models..

i agree with u