Garden Of Eden...

somebody told me that the Garden of Eve is a part of Paradise, but not in Paradise, and that the Garden of Eve is somewhere On Earth, but nobody can see it, and it's guarded by 2 soldiers or somthing... is this true? if not, can u please explain more?...

Pray For Me!

Comments

• First of all its not called the garden of eve its the Garden of Eden, and the Garden was Paradise and it was on earth, after Adam and Eve sinned God threw them out and put Cherubim at the entrances and a flaming sword at the tree of life to guard it, and yes no one will ever be able to find it again
  • oh sorry, i always say Eve instead of Eden accidently. and if we go to Paradise, where will we be going, the Garden of Eden?
  • We go to paradise which is not earthly and i don't know if it is still the Garden of Eden
  • oh ok, thanks, i understand it now..

Pray for me.
  • isn't paradise Heaven?
  • No, Paradise is not Heaven at all, it is the waiting place for the rightous who die before the second coming of Our Lord
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5771.msg77225#msg77225 date=1190253312]
    oh sorry, i always say Eve instead of Eden accidently. and if we go to Paradise, where will we be going, the Garden of Eden?

The Bible talks about "a Heavenly Jerusalem" which we will go in.

I encourage you to read REVELATION(the LAST book of the Bible)

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • No, Paradise is not Heaven at all, it is the waiting place for the rightous who die before the second coming of Our Lord

:O
    so that means we're gonna know where we're going (up or down) right after we die??
  • Yes thats right, if you were good then you go to paradise if not then hades
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5771.msg77225#msg77225 date=1190253312]
    oh sorry, i always say Eve instead of Eden accidently. and if we go to Paradise, where will we be going, the Garden of Eden?

The Garden of Eden was a physical garden on earth. Judging by the description in the book of Genesis, a likely theory is that it was located in modern day Iraq.

The Paradise we speak of after death is not a place for physical bodies, but is rather a dwelling place for the souls of righteous departed awaiting the Day of the Resurrection.
  • but do we go to the Garden of Eden untill the second coming, or just Paradise-"the other part" i guess...
  • i think the Garden of Eden is over with. Paradise is some place spiritual not physical, as we said before the Garden of Eden is a real place. Paradise is like the waiting room to enter heaven.

haha you can look at it this way. You go to the doctor's office( you pass away), you wait in the waiting room (your soul in paradise), the doctor gives you a check up (Judgment Day), your healthy! (you go to heaven!)

hope my cheesy analogy helps lol
  • lol, it kinda help you out that way, but i already know that, and it wasnt my question, but its ok, i think i understand now lol
  • The only one who is in heaven is the Blessed Virgin Mary,because her body was taken to heaven. All others righteous who departed are in the so called "waiting place".Thus, heaven is still empty.
  • It is not right to say that heaven is empty because that is the dwelling place of God so it cannot be empty. and we don't know where St. Mary's body was taken this was discussed in a older post
  • It would be great if we had some Scriptural evidence or quotes from the Church Fathers instead of just stating facts, we need some meat here.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Scriptural or Patristic quotes on what exactly?