Coptic Bishop Reposes during Communion

Can somebody PLEASE tell me who that is and what the whole story is. THANKS

In Christ,
abosefien

Comments

• I am not exactly sure who that priest is, but he was a contemporary saint.
    He was taken to heaven during his lifetime and received two wishes from God.
    He wished to die during the Divine Liturgy.
    Also, he wished a couple other things and received them as wishes.
    He was seen in many people's dreams praying on what was a hill in Paradise.

Sorry but that was all I remember from the article that I read about him in a Coptic Magazine (St. John's or St. Anthony's)
  • [quote author=abosefien link=topic=5752.msg76962#msg76962 date=1189824112]

In Christ,
    abosefien

this is H.G. Bishop Makarios bishop of Qena. he departed during the fraction of a resurrection feast i think and if u look closely, the body doesn't fall from the plate and it stays there. tha'ts what's amazing about his departure.
  • might i add he knew
    the exact date of his departure
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5752.msg76966#msg76966 date=1189830260]
    might i add he knew
    the exact date of his departure
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5752.msg76964#msg76964 date=1189827589]
    [quote author=abosefien link=topic=5752.msg76962#msg76962 date=1189824112]

In Christ,
    abosefien

this is H.G. Bishop Makarios bishop of Qena. he departed during the fraction of a resurrection feast i think and if u look closely, the body doesn't fall from the plate and it stays there. tha'ts what's amazing about his departure.

First, thank you Mina for reminding me of his name. Also, thank you Gregory for reminding me about that. I think that he told God the date he wished to die on as well as the want for him to die in the liturgy.
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5752.msg76971#msg76971 date=1189837277]
    I think that he told God the date he wished to die on as well as the want for him to die in the liturgy.

i think it's the opposite....;D
  • I can add that he never had any mass pictured by video. This was the first time that he requested someone to take a video for his last service on earth. Is not it wonderful.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5752.msg76973#msg76973 date=1189838693]
    [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5752.msg76971#msg76971 date=1189837277]
    I think that he told God the date he wished to die on as well as the want for him to die in the liturgy.

i think it's the opposite....;D

Actually, coming to think of it, I think your right, God told him when he was going to die, but I am absolutely sure that he told God that he wanted to die in the Liturgy (the underlined is what I am sure about) (that was one of his 3 wishes).
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5752.msg76976#msg76976 date=1189839763]
    Actually, coming to think of it, I think your right, God told him when he was going to die, but I am absolutely sure that he told God that he wanted to die in the Liturgy (the underlined is what I am sure about) (that was one of his 3 wishes).

ya habibi anba Makarios is witnessed for as being a very holy and blessed man. why would he play games with and and His will. u don't get "3 wishes" ....so let's not get into that since it's for him only to know....
  • Anba Makarios always asked God not to deprive him of the holy altar and the liturgy, and God litteraly fulfilled his wish by letting him die during the liturgy!
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5752.msg76994#msg76994 date=1189878942]
    Anba Makarios always asked God not to deprive him of the holy altar and the liturgy, and God litteraly fulfilled his wish by letting him die during the liturgy!

that's better.... ;D
  • so does anybody have any other videos of him reposing or anything.

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • The replies make me sick...the internet has just become the safe-haven for consequence-free venting and hate speech.

(I am just commenting on the replies of the youtube video at the site, and all youtube videos)
  • I also heard that he wished for that church that he prayed in to be built. He prayed that he would die during a liturgy. And actually i heard that he died normally and while going to heaven St.Mary stopped the angels taking him up to heaven and told them to return him back to his bed so that his prayer may be accepted.
              I believe that he wrote what he saw in a book but I'm not sure.
  • [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=5752.msg77017#msg77017 date=1189968201]
    I also heard that he wished for that church that he prayed in to be built. He prayed that he would die during a liturgy. And actually i heard that he died normally and while going to heaven St.Mary stopped the angels taking him up to heaven and told them to return him back to his bed so that his prayer may be accepted.
               I believe that he wrote what he saw in a book but I'm not sure.

Yeah, he wished that the church would be finished up (I am not sure if he wanted it to be done within his lifetime or not).
  • minagir,
    I saw a clip where it is clear that the Body was falling with HG, it disappeared for a fraction of sec behind the rim then was carried up and put back in the plate. It is understood that it was the Angel of the Eucharist who carried the Body up.
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=5752.msg77066#msg77066 date=1190080187]
    minagir,
    I saw a clip where it is clear that the Body was falling with HG, it disappeared for a fraction of sec behind the rim then was carried up and put back in the plate. It is understood that it was the Angel of the Eucharist who carried the Body up.

am not denying that ya habibi.....that's what i said before and that's shows many great things....
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=5752.msg77066#msg77066 date=1190080187]
    minagir,

Dear John, do you have a link to that clip you saw.

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • If you look closely you can sort of see it in this clip that was already posted
  • That miracle was one of the best miracles I have ever seen (this is my opinion of course).