The 7 Spirits of God

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
In Revelation, it talks about the 7 Spirits of God. We've already explained the Holy Trinity, so where does the 7 Spirits of God fit in?

Please explain?

Comments

• the 7 spirits of God are mentioned in the book of Revelation in 1:4 and 5:6.
    there are 2 opinions about them:
    1- some say they are the 7 archangels.
    2- the other opinion is that they refer to the Holy Spirit who works in a prefect way (7 is the number of perfection) througt the seven sacrements of the church for our salvation, based on what was said in Re 1:4 where St.John mentions the 7 Spirits of God before Jesus Christ himself.

hope i've helped.
  • well Revelations is a i guess a "hard" book to understand, if it says 7 spirits,  there could be many reasons to it, it all symbolic. just like 666, its symbolic. many people have different opinions.. well i dont rele know that much about that chapter, so i dont rele have a strong answer..

Pray for Me!
  • QT_PA_2T,
    The number 7 is everywhere in the Bible and is pretty much the whole basis of the Bible, in my opinion. We'll just need to wait until the Revelations are revealed to us on the Day of Judgement. I am sorry that I really couldn't help.
  • smile4ever says what I heard in a sermon by HH
  • The gifts points are a good addition thank you.

they asked me the same question again

Which question you mean? I thought that lately you've been asked lots of questions.