I am confused again but not about faith

edited August 2007 in Faith Issues
I should know the answer to this maybe but I am confused..

I must say I intend in no way to justify the wicked sin of adultery... it will make me mad if someone reads this and dwells on bad thoughts and is convinced on something bad .. I think many have read other of my posts out of curiousity and never came again to read the answers...maybe some were negatively affected..

Is it true that sometimes people marry the wrong person.. maybe they are not compatible emotionally or intellectually.. or they did not even like the person's looks.. or their personality does not match

Ofcourse God does not allow divorce

So how will that person ever learn to love their spouse... I think they should still be able to love as if the spouse is their friend or sibling.

and what if a spouse does not want to have sex with the partner and finds it disgusting since their is no sexual attraction.. or what if there is sexual attraction but no love and not emotional and intellectual compatibility.. would sex then be dirty?

In the sacrament of matrimony the two become one flesh.. I don't understand this completely if at all.. Will Christ make sure every marriage is blessed even if there was no emotional or intellectual compatibility?

I think maybe the couple would have to bear as their punishment not being able to divorce since they did not pick wisely?
But I think Jacob perhaps married Rachel just because of her physically beauty.. maybe they were not compatible intellectually..

Since the couple is not compatible would it be a sin if a spouse would rather be with someone else but still keeps their mind free from sexual sin?  Or is there no such thing as being incompatible or God can make them compatible.. I know marriage is about commitment and not all about physical beauty.. there should be love even in old age.. but they might still be emotionally or intellectually compatible......

ohhhhh but do you think emotional and intellectual compatibility is something that can be changed if a person is willing to change? but what if a spouse gets a stroke (they might have intellectual compatibility) or something.. the husband or wife must still be faithful ofcourse as they promised they would in church when they were getting married.. but then what if the husband or wife would enjoy spending more time with some other person of the opposite sex who cares for them.. that would be selfish wouldn't it?  but then should you completely avoid speaking to the opposite sex?

Perhaps people should concentrate more on loving God and depending on Him to fill their emotional needs.. but God called us to serve.. Im confused.. there is something I have not said it seems..

is it wrong for a spouse to think another person makes them feel more special and it is impossible for their spouse to make them feel the same.. is it really true.. maybe it is not impossible but God can make the spouse feel they are special... maybe people should only depend on God to make them feel special..

I am not married but I think I have to think about this..

Comments

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=5693.msg76065#msg76065 date=1188047929]

I think you think wayy too much. Just try take it easy a bit. Stay focussed on the present and on God. !
  • I think that Mike raises important issues, something that I think is in the back of many of our minds. Perhaps, however, some of the issues are marginalised by the fact that we should choose our spouse with great care, with the union be based on the purpose to glorify God. I remember a priest told a youth group, "before you look for the one, find the One".
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5693.msg76069#msg76069 date=1188053063]
    [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=5693.msg76065#msg76065 date=1188047929]

I think you think wayy too much. Just try take it easy a bit. Stay focussed on the present and on God. !

Sorry, that wasn't about this topic.. I just meant overall.. like from reading all you other posts.. it's an obseration i made. You do raise many important issues, but it seems to me that you're letting some things bother you when they really don't have to.. hence the command 'relax'. Sorry again, i should've just PMd you...
  • Divorce has caused many problems in this life.. So many kids have to face problems, and people loose sometimes all they have, and divorce is a terrible thing.

Therefore, we have to THINK before we marry. We have to make sure that the person we marry is the person who we want to stay with forever.

We can not be like muslims, who some places allow them to marry for a few hours, and then let them divorce! It is wrong.

We have to truly love the person we go out with. And we need to make sure they are the right person. Then, you get married. And you start a family. And life is good.

And you persevere through all the hardships. And when something bad happens, you talk with your Priest, and he helps solve the problem.

Divorce is a very bad thing, which is why it is such a huge sin. So before we marry, we need to think wisely.

And if we follow Christ truly, there will be no reason to divorce, am I wrong? You won't cheat on someone, you won't hate others, you will be a good nice and caring person.

You get married because you love someone. and if you TRULY love them, you will never loose your love for them.. It becomes almost unconditional. and once you marry, you will usually never fall in love with anyone else.

When my parents got married, they truly loved each other. And my parents never fell in love with anyone else, and they got in fights but never divorced because they always got over it. They were perfect for each other.

So if you marry the person you truly love, you will not have attractions for others, and you will not want to divorce!