does God

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
only help deserving(or worhty) people?

i know it seems like a simple question, but something recently came up..and i really need an answer to thiss..

thankss much

Comments

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Just a small question for you: who on earth is worthy or deserving of anything?
  • ...hmm, good call. uhh...kay then..lemme chnage that a tad....so we're all sinners and bad people ..so does God then, help the Worst of the bestt? like the most deservingg people..on Earth?

All of mankind is God's creation.  When Christ came to earth and became one of us, when He lived among us, taught us and died for us, He did it for all of us, without exception.  The love of God is boundless and timeless.  Thus, He wishes to help all of us in all that we do.  The question, however, is not whether God helps us, but whether we wish to accept the help that He freely offers.  The answer to that, unfortunately, is no.  God does not impose Himself on anyone, and thus, if anyone rejects His offer of help, or salvation, He accepts.  Granted, He does so with a broken heart, but He will not force anyone to accept the offer He presents. 
  • (: hmm, i see. kay two new questions noww:

1) How do you know when to accept, and how do you know when it's God trying to help youu??

2) this may seem like a silly question...but i've wondered about it ever sense i could think....since God helps everyone...does this include like helping...say...a criminal commit a crimee..if the criminal asks for God's help? :/

1) You'll know it's God because of the incredible peace that you will feel inside.  There is no other way to describe it.  Suffice it to say, when it's God, you'll just know.

2) Does God help any person commit a sin?  I'm sure you knew the answer to this even before you asked it.
  • Dear Copticcross3,

Κηφᾶς gives you the best answer.

As St. Paul tells us in 1 Timothy 1:15

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

As we read in St. Luke 15:7:

I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

That is a reminder to me to try to bring that joy to heaven today!

In Christ,

Anglian