Philly Bible Competetion

2»

Comments

• [quote author=CopticPete link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=30#msg34622 date=1123730760]
    Sorry to break it to u mena. but bergen doesnt even consider west side a threat :P. lol
    But who knows maybe u'l surprise us.

just be readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    the west siders are coming :P :P :P
  • EAST BRUNSWICK BABYYYY!!!
  • [quote author=Nahda#1 link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=30#msg34894 date=1124055967]
    EAST BRUNSWICK BABYYYY!!!

Congrats :) You guys did good.
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=30#msg34622 date=1123730760]
    Sorry to break it to u mena. but bergen doesnt even consider west side a threat :P. lol
    But who knows maybe u'l surprise us.

where is bergen now, i told you'll be surprised.
    second is not bad.
    congrats to EBssss
  • Hey mina, dont forget, without bergen u guys wouldnt even be at the competition, we lent u our van.
    lol
    but ya u guys did good, Congrats to everyone
  • a specail congrats to WEST SIDDEEE... amazing final round we played u guys in for first n second in hs... great ansers ;)... Bergen... nicej ob... PHILLYYYYY first placE? who woulda thought?
  • i like that, you never stop CopticPete.
    any way thanks, i would of been in it but no.
    congrats to you to, i heard you got 3rd or 4th.
    did they say the scores or no, cause i think it was so close between us and EB.
  • This year's competition was great. It was very close. Everyone did very well. There were so many ties we didn't head home until almost 10:00PM. I hope all had fun and learned something.
  • Highschool: East Brunswick First, Westside Second, East Brunswick Thrid

College: Philly First, East Brunswick Second, Bergen Third
  • ya.. bergen had 2 teams too
  • ya numbers was.. i did diabolic though... thanks for the congrats
  • hi ,
    Can someone tell me MORE about this competition??
    What do you all do exactly??
  • it takes place in august this year. and its a bible competition for college and high school- but seperated...and yea its a bible competition, and they ask you questions, and if you get them correct you get points, and i think 1st 2nd or 3rd place winners get like an award---
    i dont know ALOT about it but thats all i know- someone else cuold explain more if they know

oh yea, did i mention for college BROOKLYN won?  ;D
  • and earlier in this thread, sleepymusician posted

"The Philly Bible Competition is a competiton held in a church in Philly. Every year they choose four books, and send it out to all the participating churchs. The churches in turn start studying the books and memorize verses and such and plan out a team of 7 to compete. On the day of the competition, the churchs go and compete. High school teams against high school and college against college. It's an awesome experience."

so thats more about it, and im guessing they still do this.
  • wow i forgot i even started this 2 years ago, lol well now im alot more mature than i was back then, lol, so im wishing you all good luck!!! Anyways what books did everyone choose this year? Im reading Case for Christ, its a realllly good book.  If your not sure what to pick, go with that one, its a little harder of a read than some of the others, but its still a really good book.

-Pete
  • yeah i went with Virgin Mary and St. Pachomious (Upstate) and well....we never win lol