ARE WE ALLOWED TO

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I was wondering because I heard that
if someone takes the Holy Communion he is not allowd to go swimming or shower until the next day?

Is this true?

Comments

• [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5562.msg74288#msg74288 date=1184471722]
    I was wondering because I heard that
    if someone takes the Holy Communion he is not allowd to go swimming or shower until the next day?

Is this true?

this was spoken abuot before. it's the same as not spiting after communion. it's just that whn u take communion ur filled with Christ. so you would want the blessing to be with you. also normally it's about 9 hours after. but don't worry yaa3ny it's not that serious. Jesus is in us all the time.
  • yeahh...i was told that today by my grandma, and i couldn't go swimmming >:[ it honestly made me quite angry because she kept saying random things that didn't back it up at all.
    the spitting thing yes, because the body&blood went through your mouth and ect. , BUT how is your outer body affected ??

• [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5562.msg74292#msg74292 date=1184473117]
    yeahh...i was told that today by my grandma, and i couldn't go swimmming >:[ it honestly made me quite angry because she kept saying random things that didn't back it up at all.
    the spitting thing yes, because the body&blood went through your mouth and ect. , BUT how is your outer body affected ??

ur whole body is effacted. when you wash, you wash mostly because your body is unclean. and when washed, that uncleanness is removed. but when you have communion, you are allready clensed  and purified by Christs. what would you wash from than??!!!
  • but, i don't go swimming to cleanse my body...  :/
  • Some priest once gave a sermon on the communion and he said u r not allowed to go swimming because 1. You have the body and blood of Jesus and u are not suppose to expose it.
                              2. You cannot control your spitting when in the water most of the time which will cause you to spit the body and blood of Christ.
                              3. you should take this more spiritually than just following order, its like fasting; food is not bad but when you limmit your eating you teach self-control.  Swimming and other things are not bad but when you abstain from them you teach your self to respect the communion.
  • its the first time for me hearing about #3. that is a reallly good point about it
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5562.msg74297#msg74297 date=1184535951]
    but, i don't go swimming to cleanse my body...  :/

well than don't tell me it's fun. am it is fun, but would u choose to have more fun than to be with Jesus or have Him in you.....not that u don't have Him in you but communion is diffrent than that.
  • u no i actualli agree with  mina.  it is a blessing of God filled in u so i dont think  should wash that away.  ur cleansed.  yahni i dont think its  aterrible sin if u did it once.  unless i am incorrect. 

mahraeel
    p4m sister in Christ
  • well if you did it once, purposly, it is a sin, just for your wants. but if you do it accidently, it may not be a sin.
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5562.msg74470#msg74470 date=1184791294]
    well if you did it once, purposly, it is a sin, just for your wants. but if you do it accidently, it may not be a sin.

it's not a sin. did it or not. it's just as was said before, a great blessing. take it or lose it.
  • i have to go with mina on this 1.remember wat st. paul said "all things are allowable to me but not all things are beneficial to me"

sry i don't have it memorized