Another saint party in church-favorite saints needed

Ok like before in 2005, my church has this sunday school thing where we do party's for the sunday school people in the summer. The theme is always a specific saint. Whatever you guys choose, is what we do. Please, please, and again please vote!!!

p4m
pk

Comments

• hey where's St Barbara and Abba Noufer???....no good mate no good........its ok i let this one go ;)

cud you tell me more about how the saint is the theme?? wat do u normally do??
  • oh cool, i voted for St. Athanasius... Thats because, he saved our faith, and stood against the world. If it wasn't for him, i dont know where or what we would be doing now...
  • Kerestina, 4 you, i'll add them..
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5539.msg74014#msg74014 date=1184058606]
    hey where's St Barbara and Abba Noufer???....no good mate no good........its ok i let this one go ;)

cud you tell me more about how the saint is the theme?? wat do u normally do??

We learn more about the saint, we post like icons of him/her all over, and we sing praises to him/her, and if possible, watch the bio movie
  • ohh, thats really nice! i wish i was there lol. so you are choosing whatever saint wins the vote to be the saint of this Sunday School day?
  • yep pretty much
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5539.msg74014#msg74014 date=1184058606]
    hey where's St Barbara and Abba Noufer???....no good mate no good........

......and don't forget St. Mary of Egypt!!!!!
  • into bithiboo tiganinoony awy!
  • Only 9 votes shidoo hailkom bahah
  • st peter seal of the martyrs is the best, i mean im onnnly named after the guy, i think he would be my favorite saint, lol.  ya he has a really great story that i recommend you all to hear.
  • lol wow... viewed 82 times so far and only 9 more votes? come on guys.. help the poor guy out! lol
  • I am absolutely shocked!!!

Where is St Mark the Apostle???
  • lool, he put up a few saints... if he put all the saints you guys wanted, there would be millions... so try to vote for a saint thats up there lol--just sayin..
  • Nah, it's St Mark or no one!!

Maybe some of the saints whom have not received a vote so far (and I acknowledge there have only really been a handful of votes) should be replaced with like...say...I don't know... ::)

ST MARK!!!  :)

Let's not forget who brought Christianity to us in the first place... ;D
  • hahahhaa PK ur a gem...God bless u dear :)

have patience with us ;)

thanks for adding but u didnt have to lol btw ortho n MIY are jus copy cats u realli dun need to worry about listening to them :P lol jkz

FA!!
  • SAINT MARY OR SAINT GEORGE!!!

lol. = )
  • LoL, ok I put up St. Mark kaman. And just 4 the fun of it, I put up St. barsoum because that's who i'm voting 4 + St. Shenouda and St. Paul the hermit

Bas yala, I need more... St. Athanasius is winning as of rite now
  • Ahhhh, you're a legend!!

Thank you for including St Mark in the list. I shouldn't have had to practically beg, but hey!! I'm willing to let it slide...this time only, though!!  :D

Keep smiling.

God is good!!

Rabena ma'ak,
    M
  • oh yea! St. Athanasius is winning! lol, lets go guys, im anxious to see who will be the saint of the day!--for PopeKyrillos's church!
  • THe winning saint needs to have 5+ votes
  • um, how does the CO church view saints of the RC and EO and other churches??

Taylor
  • The church really doesn't have anything to say. This is more of a Personal opinion. The Eastern Orthodox Share many saints with us. However the nes that we don't share with them, we don't record them in the syexarium (the lives of the saints), or have special liturgys for them on their feasts. Same With RC. Only we share less Saints with them. The saints we share with them are Saint Anthony Father of monasticism, St. Athanasius, St. Pachomius and maybe even more.

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic=5421.msg72378#msg72378
  • We don't have 5 votes on anbody. Keep Voting please.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=5539.msg74610#msg74610 date=1184906935]
    We don't have 5 votes on anbody. Keep Voting please.

Where is St. Mina
  • Where is Saint Bishoi?

• You guys made me smile  :)

Your (as well as my own) "Where's St ..." posts reminds me of our Church's awesome beauty and God-given resources - in this case, our honourable saints.

May all of the saints on the voting card (and all those who are not  :D) continue to pray for us always.

How truly blessed is our humble Coptic church!!!

Rejoice  ;D,
    M
  • hey, i just posted to see who did you guys do it on.. and how was it?
  • If he kept on adding saints like that he would never get a majority vote... And look what happened!!!
  • Looks like St. Athanasius won.
  • Cool, did you guys have the saint party in your church? if so, whow as the saint?