Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• thx sleepy, yea i love st stephen too, his face was like an angel :)
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=225#msg33493 date=1122338516]
    Marmar, it is said by some that he could be from Europe because Europe in mythology was a woman riding a bull, as in revelations ch. 17

17:3 "...and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."
  • nobody knows where hes gonna come from, cause if we knew then there would be no point cause we would just know who he is and stay away from his but i dont think its necessarily from europe...thats like...remember when everybody used to think that the end of the world was gonna be in Y2K and everything was gonna shut down and everybody was so scared...i think thats basically the samething, people just make stuff up and they spread...so lets not put too much attention on where the antichrist is gonna come from or when the end of the world is gonna be...we should instead give attention to our spiritual life and pray that god may have mercy on us we the sinners...pray for me....
  • Yikes....you're not talking about "The Omega Code" are you?
  • [quote author=tavmatoroghos link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=225#msg33554 date=1122453527]
    I love St Stephen too

WAHOO!! New best friend!! lol
    Likewise PrincessMary. St. Stephen will always be awesome in my eyes.

sleepy
  • which saint after her parents died made her house open for the poor people if they needed food or anything however later bad people made her forget about God and she became a prostitute but after St. John the short went to visit her she repented, and left her house and went to a convent
    --------------------------------------------------

which saint, her mom died when she was young, her father wanted to go become a monk, and she wanting to go with him, cut her hair and went to the monastary with him, no one knowing she was a woman, later she was accused of adultery, and was expelled from the monastary, but later they let her return, and did not discover that she was misacused till she died

-----------------------
    i posted this 1 before but no 1 got it?

which saint was muslim and then coverted to christianity, as a young boy he use to see christians coming out of church so happy after taking communion and wished he could do the same as them
  • Princess Mary,

The answer to the first question is St. Baa’esah. The story, as I remember, after she repented, she went with St. John the Short to the monastery. At night she passed away and St. John saw the angels carrying her souls to Heaven.

The answer to the second question is St. Hilary or Hilarius,
  • ya the first question, right answer, good job :)

but the second 1 isnt st hilary (which i think is st ilaria in arabic ??)she has a simmilar story she did dress up as a monk and cut her hair also but she left her house behind her parents back, and she wasnt accused of adultery, later her sister was sick and they took her to st.ilaria in the monastary not knowing it was their daughter and her sister was healed, then she kissed her and her parents knew it was her, but they let her stay in the monatary...
  • Princess Mary,

I got it!!!

Is it St. Marina, her name before is Mariam.
  • yes you are right , great job :), its st marina the nun , her feast is sometime this month, and also st ba2eesa is this monday :)
  • ya i read that version, which you posted, in arabic, either in "bostan ilrohban" (paradise of the monks?) or "ferdos ilathar" (paradise of the pure??), i cant remember which book,
    the story in the synexarium is very simmilar, the only difference is that it says that she wanted to go with her father from the beginning and they both decided to go together, so she cut her hair and went with him, but the rest of the story is the same, if you watch the movie, it shows that the same story as the synexarium :)
  • yea back then u could, i think u cant now, but a long time ago, if you read the books, "ferdos ilathar", and "bostan ilkidyseen", theres a lot of saints, theres some that were married but chose to live as brother-sister, then each went to the monastary, and some that went to the monastary after their husband or wife died, saint sofia wanted to go to the monastary after her husband died but she had 3 children and they all kept crying cause she left them
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=topic=1841.msg34230#msg34230 date=1123337748]
    which saint after her parents died made her house open for the poor people if they needed food or anything however later bad people made her forget about God and she became a prostitute but after St. John the short went to visit her she repented, and left her house and went to a convent
    --------------------------------------------------

which saint, her mom died when she was young, her father wanted to go become a monk, and she wanting to go with him, cut her hair and went to the monastary with him, no one knowing she was a woman, later she was accused of adultery, and was expelled from the monastary, but later they let her return, and did not discover that she was misacused till she died

-----------------------
    i posted this 1 before but no 1 got it?

which saint was muslim and then coverted to christianity, as a young boy he use to see christians coming out of church so happy after taking communion and wished he could do the same as them

The second one is St. Marina the nun, and the third is St. George el mozahem (i have his relics in my church) :)
  • i lurve trivia lol........
    anyone want to pose some questions or shall i?
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=1841.msg73444#msg73444 date=1182966224]
    the third is St. George el mozahem (i have his relics in my church) :)

can u tell us more about him?

wat church???

and every one else post questions i relly like this topic ;D
  • I like this topic too, so ill start off with questions..

1. How many (and which) Archangels are mentioned in the Bible?

2. What is Babylon symbolic of?

3. What was the price of Judas' betrayal?
  • oh and i forgot to add

4. What were the plagues that happened when Moses asked Pharoah to let his people go?
  • 1. 7? michael, gabriel, raphael, sorial, sedakiel, serathiel, and ananiel (sorry about the spelling, lol)
    2. i dont know at all
    3. 70 peices of silver
    4. uh there were alot, lol locusts was one i know that.
  • lol.. well 1 and 3 are rong/ 1. is close though-- and yea locusts was one of them for 4-- and 2. you dont know
  • Aw i didnt even get one fully right, lol.
    Anyways, by price in number three do you mean how much judas got from the jews for leading them to jesus?
  • yea coptic pete
  • sorry for not being clear
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

1) There are 7 now although there were originally 8 (let's not forget Lucifer).  The only ones mentioned in the Bible are Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael (although he appears in Tobit which is canonical to us as Orthodox, but the Protestants dismissed).  The other 4 are Souriel, Sedakiel, Sarathiel and Ananiel.

2) Are you speaking about Babylon in Revelation?  I believe it is symbolic of either where the Antichrist will set up his home base (if you will) or the Antichrist himself.

3) 30 pieces of silver (the wage of a slave)

4) There were: water turned to blood; frogs; lice; flies/beasts(?); pestilence; boils; fiery hail; locusts; darkness; and finally, death of the firstborn.

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe that there are thousands of archangels, but we just know the names of 7 (or 8, if you will).
  • good job! lol

but for Babylon i was talking about Babylon in the book of Matthew..

and for the plagues you got them correct, but some of them go todather like boils, and fiery hail.. but its still the same.

and yes 30 peices

and yes 3- Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael

so number 2 is left- but thanks anyways for sharing the other Babylon symbolicly
  • well, yea there could be thousands of archangels, if you come to think about it. but you never know...

The only place I can find Babylon in Matthew is at the beginning when it's talking about the genealogy of Christ.  If that is the Babylon you are talking about, it was a city in what is today modern day Iraq (if I recall correctly).
  • well, just eliminate that question but it means "gate of the gods"... but anyways, now you ask some questions if you have, (  Κηφᾶς  or anybody )
  • i got a good saint question for you guys, which pope of alexandria was the one who when he was goign to baptize 2 babies the water turned to stone everytime.  He later found out that their mother thought they were going to die on the ship there, so she baptized them with her own blood.  He took this as a divine message from god relating to the rebaptizing of heretics into the church, through which he furthur confirmed that there is only oen baptism.
  • good question Coptic Pete... my sunday school teacher told me that story but he never told us the popes' name! lol, i dont know the answer yet, but im on it  :)