End of the World

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello all,
    Ok, God said that the end could be at any hour. But b4 the end of the world, doesnt Anti Christ come, and lives as a normal person till hes 28/30 or w/e, and then say he is Christ for 3 years?  to sum it up..
Revalation 13:16-18
"He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to recieve a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads. and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or or the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom, Let him who has understanding calculae the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666."

So this is a wierd question, but wouldnt we know this is the end of world, that it is near, since he comes for 3 years and does- ( Revelation 13:16-18 )??

Comments

• Many people will rise and claim that they are the Christ. The way we will know its the end of the world is that there will be a sign in the sky in the shape of the cross and Christ will come. Basically, it will be very obvious when the end is coming. If you read revelations carefully it will explain everything.
  • i personally find revelations hard to comprehend...but we know the end of the world is drawing when certain things happen which is outlined in revelations but that doesnt neccessarily say we know when
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

One thing to realize is that throughout history, there have been many people who were considered anti-Christs.  In the context of Revelation, it was Nero (see the thread on why 666 is a bad number).  No one knows who the Antichrist will be.  He will certainly not have a neon sign saying 'Hello, my name is Antichrist'.  Another thing to realize is that, based on what Revelation tells us, he will be so convincing that even the elect will almost fall under his sway.  The reality is, no one knows when the world will end.  However, the day it does end will be unmistakable because of all the signs and wonders that will appear (if one takes what is written in Revelation literally).
  • Amoussa01... Before Christ comes from the heavens, the whole process with come with Anti-Christ which is 3 years long, but during that 3 years wouldnt we know the end of world will be starting then, for 3 years?
  • and, we would kind of know if its the real Anti Christ, because  if we buy opr trade anything we will revieve 666 ( whihc is symbolic ) and we would follow him, so if we have a 666 wouldnt we know it is him?

[quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5499.msg73446#msg73446 date=1182968119]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

One thing to realize is that throughout history, there have been many people who were considered anti-Christs.  In the context of Revelation, it was Nero (see the thread on why 666 is a bad number).  No one knows who the Antichrist will be.  He will certainly not have a neon sign saying 'Hello, my name is Antichrist'. 

but like i said in that thread, it wouldnt be him because the end of the world would be pased, since he comes for 3 years... and since you said in the context of Revelations, where is Nero in Revelations?
  • In Greek, I think if you put a line above the name of Nero, hence, "converting" it to numbers, you would somehow get 666.

That is my understanding of it anyway.
  • oh, but if you recieve the 666, it might ot have to be Anti-Christ's name, but you never know, and also, Κηφᾶς said that Nero was in Revelations, does any body know where? because i dont seem to find it, or is it not in revelations  ??? ...

My apologies for the confusion.  The name 'Nero' does not appear in Revelation at all.  The idea that the Anti-Christ that John refers to in Revelation is most probably Nero based on the context in which the book was written.  In other words, if you lived at the end of the first century in Palestine, and were to read Revelation, the symbolism in it would almost certainly be clear to you and point to Nero as being the Anti-Christ.
  • oh ok, another thing is, that, so you think Nero is the Anti-Christ? because wouldnt the end of the world be here all ready? lol ( sorry for askin the same thing in a way )..

At the time, people thought Nero was the Antichrist.  There is no denying that he was an antichrist, just not THE Antichrist.
  • OHHH... AN Anti-Christ. not THE Anti-Christ...

and i just realized that if you are against Christ you are AN Anti-Christ, i've never thought about it lol, thanks
  • In every era of human history there is some major event, or more often, series of related events, that, even if only in appearance, hearken to those of the end of days. Thus, the end of days is undetectable because we always see some signs that we misconstrue to be significant.